(v. i.) To roar; to bellow; to snort; to snore loudly.
(n.) A bellowing; a shouting; noise; clamor; uproar; disturbance; tumult.
(v. t.) To scoop out with a gouge or other tool; to furrow.
(v. i.) To search or root in the ground, as a swine.
(n.) A troop; a throng; a company; an assembly; especially, a traveling company or throng.
(n.) A disorderly and tumultuous crowd; a mob; hence, the rabble; the herd of common people.
(n.) The state of being disorganized and thrown into confusion; -- said especially of an army defeated, broken in pieces, and put to flight in disorder or panic; also, the act of defeating and breaking up an army; as, the rout of the enemy was complete.
(n.) A disturbance of the peace by persons assembled together with intent to do a thing which, if executed, would make them rioters, and actually making a motion toward the executing thereof.
(n.) A fashionable assembly, or large evening party.
(v. t.) To break the ranks of, as troops, and put them to flight in disorder; to put to rout.
(v. i.) To assemble in a crowd, whether orderly or disorderly; to collect in company.
(1) Topical and systemic antibiotic therapy is common in dermatology, yet it is hard to find a rationale for a particular route in some diseases.
(2) If tracer is introduced into the carotid artery after osmotic treatment, brain uptake is increased by a net factor of 50 (a factor of 70 due to elevation of PA, multiplied by 7 due to infusion by the carotid route) as compared to uptake by normal, untreated brain with infusion into a peripheral vein.
(3) The third route was quantitated by its sensitivity to probenecid and its activity was increased in saline buffers and upon addition of glucose and was inhibited by oligomycin.
(4) If the latter is not readily correctable or if the patient is bleeding actively, anticoagulation with intermittent administration of heparin by the intravenous route is indicated.
(5) It is the route the authorities are now adopting, after the wave of taxpayer bailouts in2008-09.
(6) In contrast, albino rats and rabbits failed to succumb to overt disease by subcutaneous and intraperitoneal routes of inoculation.
(7) It was considered worthwhile to report this case due to the problems which arose concerning the choice of a thoracic rather than abdominal route owing to the impossibility of associating cardiomyotomy with anti-reflux plastica surgery because of the reduced dimensions of the stomach.
(8) BT Sport went down this route, appointing Channel 4 Sales, the TV ad sales house that represents the broadcaster and partners including UKTV.
(9) Seventy-eight patients presented optochiasmal arachnoiditis: 12 had trigeminal neuralgia; 1, arachnoiditis of the cerebellopontile angle; 6, arachnoiditis of the convex surface of the brain; and 3, the hypertensive hydrocephalic syndrome due to occlusion of the CSF routes.
(10) These results indicate that major metabolic routes of CB were deacetylation at the 16-position and epimerization at the 3-position via the 3-keto intermediate.
(11) Studies of barbiturate and benzodiazepine self-administration are categorized by species and route of administration.
(12) The route of antigen administration produced no difference in the class of lacrimal immunoglobulin produced.
(13) Poults 3 weeks and older developed temporary tracheal resistance to intranasal challenge following inoculation of either Artvax vaccine or formalin-inactivated Bordetella avium bacterin by the intranasal and eyedrop routes.
(14) Other parameters compared were route of delivery, one- and five-minute Apgar score, birth weight, relative birth order and sex.
(15) The plan was to provide those survivors with escape routes while also giving law enforcement an entry point.
(16) China’s stock market rout Shanghai stocks Chinese shares have tumbled in recent weeks against the backdrop of a slowdown in the world’s second-largest economy .
(17) They were given to volunteers by the subcutaneous route with and without the addition of Al (OH)3 as adjuvant.
(18) The disposition of radiolabeled cocaine in humans has been studied after three routes of administration: iv injection, nasal insufflation (ni, snorting), and smoke inhalation (si).
(19) The State Department said it would review alternative routes for the pipeline to avoid ecologically sensitive areas of Nebraska .
(20) In fact the deep femoral artery represents an exceptional and privileged route for anastomosis that is capable of replacing almost perfectly an obstructed superficial femoral artery and also in a more limited way femoro-popliteal arteries with extensive obstructions.