• (n.) A contrivance or arrangement serving as a fulcrum for an oar in rowing. It consists sometimes of a notch in the gunwale of a boat, sometimes of a pair of pins between which the oar rests on the edge of the gunwale, sometimes of a single pin passing through the oar, or of a metal fork or stirrup pivoted in the gunwale and suporting the oar.

Compare rowlock with other words:

oarlock vs. rowlock

rowing vs. rowlock

fulcrum vs. rowlock

oar vs. rowlock

boat vs. rowlock

outrigger vs. rowlock

gunwale vs. rowlock

pivot vs. rowlock

loom vs. rowlock