(1) The sensitivity of SART-stressed (repeated cold-stressed) mice to substance P (SP) was studied.
(2) Reflux was most effectively prevented by the Nissen repair, as shown by the SART and the 24-hr esophageal pH monitoring, a sensitive measurement of frequency and duration of reflux.
(3) 7 These results suggest that SART-stressed animals are in a disease state differing from that of other so-called stressed animals, and changes in the hypothalamus give rise to the various symptoms in SART-stressed animals.
(4) Neurotropin, a sedative analgesic, slightly increased faster waves on resting-arousal EEG and slower waves on slow-wave sleep EEG in normal rats, and it prevented SART stress-induced EEG alterations during both resting-arousal and slow-wave sleep.
(5) These results suggest that cholinergic neurons may be activated in both the hypothalamus and basal ganglia of the brain of SART-stressed rats, and the characteristic peripheral changes of the cholinergic system in the duodenum of SART-stressed rats may be under the control of the parasympathetic center.
(6) Central nervous system levels of serotonin (5-HT) and 5-hydroxy-indoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) in SART (specific alternation of rhythm in temperature)-stressed (repeatedly cold-stressed) rats were examined by HPLC-ECD.
(7) We stated that SART-stressed guinea pigs showing nasal mucosal hypersensitivity would serve as an animal model for the in vivo evaluation of antiallergic drugs.
(8) Moreover, Neurotropin appears to be effective for moderating SART stress.
(9) As part of an investigation on the behavioral characteristics of SART-stressed animals, an animal model of autonomic imbalance, the open-field behavior of SART-stressed (repeated cold-stressed) rats was studied and compared with that of rats exposed to other types of stress.
(10) With the D'Amour-Smith method, only NSP had a greater effect in SART-stress mice than in normal mice.
(11) The effects of Kamikihi-To (KMK), a traditional Chinese medicine, on autonomic imbalances were evaluated in SART-stressed (repeated cold-stressed) mice.
(12) These results suggest that SART-stressed rats have some form of abnormality in the synthetic system of 5-HT.
(13) Length of small intestine from SART stressed mice was much the same as in controls, but wet weights of small intestines were larger than in controls.
(14) Conditioning of monosynaptic reflexes was used to investigate group II excitation from quadriceps (Q) and sartorius (Sart) in posterior biceps-semitendinosus (PBSt) motoneurones and different lesions were made to analyze the interneuronal pathways.
(15) SART-stressed mice showed significant increases in erythrocyte count, hemoglobin, hematocrit and specific gravity of whole blood, no change in leukocyte count and a marked decrease in platelet count.
(16) Autonomic agonists, antagonists, tranquilizers and other drugs were given intraperitoneally to mice once daily during SART stress, and the ACh responses in the isolated duodenum were investigated.
(17) Thus, SART-stressed mice appear to have impairment in the process of acquisition of a passive avoidance task.
(18) The mechanism of hyperalgesia observed in SART (repeated cold)-stressed animals (mice and rats) was studied in relation to the autonomic nervous system.
(19) ACh response in the isolated duodenum from SART stressed (repeated cold stressed) mice was remarkably decreased in comparison to normal mice 5 days after onset of loading SART stress, and maximal contraction in SART stress mice duodenum was about 37% of that in non-stressed mice.
(20) Moreover, Neurotropin appears to improve and normalize hemostatic imbalance due to SART stress, a chronic form of stress.
() imp. of Sit.
(imp.) of Sit
(p. p.) of Sit
(1) Prior to joining JOE Media, Will was chief commercial officer at Dazed Group, where he also sat on the board of directors.
(2) Several selling VCs were also Google investors; one sat on Google's board.
(3) Oscar Pistorius ‘to be released in August’ as appeal date is set for November Read more But the parole board at his prison overruled an emotional plea from the 29-year-old victim’s parents when it sat last week.
(4) There are men who have been here for 15, 20 years or more who have never even sat in the cars because no one on the floor can afford to buy one.
(5) She said that in February 2013 she was asked to assist Pistorius in his first court appearance when applying for bail and sat with him in the cells, where he vomited twice.
(6) Salmonella typhi O and H antibody titres were determined by the Standard Agglutination Test (SAT) in 85 patients with bacteriologically proven typhoid, 102 patients with non-typhoidal febrile illnesses (control group 1), and 170 healthy subjects (control group 2).
(7) The ball sat up; gravity would bring it down again and, when it did, he would score.
(8) Lord Thomson of Monifieth , the now deceased chairman of the political honours scrutiny committee, was a former Labour minister but then sat in the Lords as a Liberal Democrat peer.
(9) I went for a walk, had a locally made sandwich and sat in the dark drinking a glass of wine.
(10) I still feel that I am standing behind the chair and it is someone else sat there, and I’m just reading over their shoulder.” He hopes life becomes a little more comfortable.
(11) But some wise old heads sniff into their handkerchiefs because they have sat through too many costly "happy ever after" ceremonies that ended in acrimony.
(12) The 85-year-old ex-president, who has been on the verge of death according to his lawyer, sat in a wheelchair next to his two sons, who are being tried in a separate corruption-related case.
(13) A former senior CIA official said the secretary of state at the time, Colin Powell, eventually was informed about the program and sat in meetings in which harsh interrogation techniques were discussed.
(14) Tess Daly tells us on TV Greats: Our Favourites From The North ( Sat, 8.15pm, BBC2 ).
(15) I sat there thinking that in Canton we never had time to sleep, much less dream.” The late Edward Kennedy called it “the great aria of the civil rights movement”.
(16) Nick Stafford, adaptor I hadn't read War Horse before I was approached to adapt it, so I got a copy and sat down with it.
(17) It’s especially not appropriate for a citizen seeking election to this house or selection to the ministry canvassing for money and support to seek to damage individuals’ reputation by commencing court actions for what could only be an improper purpose.” Palmer said the former treasurer, Joe Hockey, had been staying at the resort at the time and “walked past the table” where they were sitting and “merely sat down to have a coffee”.
(18) Open Mon-Sat 10am-10pm • Brian Donaldson is books editor of Scottish arts magazine The List
(19) In front of her, sat the "centre of government": Kerslake, Macpherson, Heywood and Heaton.
(20) The lowest doses which initiated infection were 12.5 TCID50 of O1 BFS virus and 25 TCID50 of SAT 2 virus, infectivity having been assayed in primary bovine thyroid cell cultures.