(1) The sensitivity of SART-stressed (repeated cold-stressed) mice to substance P (SP) was studied.
(2) Reflux was most effectively prevented by the Nissen repair, as shown by the SART and the 24-hr esophageal pH monitoring, a sensitive measurement of frequency and duration of reflux.
(3) 7 These results suggest that SART-stressed animals are in a disease state differing from that of other so-called stressed animals, and changes in the hypothalamus give rise to the various symptoms in SART-stressed animals.
(4) Neurotropin, a sedative analgesic, slightly increased faster waves on resting-arousal EEG and slower waves on slow-wave sleep EEG in normal rats, and it prevented SART stress-induced EEG alterations during both resting-arousal and slow-wave sleep.
(5) These results suggest that cholinergic neurons may be activated in both the hypothalamus and basal ganglia of the brain of SART-stressed rats, and the characteristic peripheral changes of the cholinergic system in the duodenum of SART-stressed rats may be under the control of the parasympathetic center.
(6) Central nervous system levels of serotonin (5-HT) and 5-hydroxy-indoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) in SART (specific alternation of rhythm in temperature)-stressed (repeatedly cold-stressed) rats were examined by HPLC-ECD.
(7) We stated that SART-stressed guinea pigs showing nasal mucosal hypersensitivity would serve as an animal model for the in vivo evaluation of antiallergic drugs.
(8) Moreover, Neurotropin appears to be effective for moderating SART stress.
(9) As part of an investigation on the behavioral characteristics of SART-stressed animals, an animal model of autonomic imbalance, the open-field behavior of SART-stressed (repeated cold-stressed) rats was studied and compared with that of rats exposed to other types of stress.
(10) With the D'Amour-Smith method, only NSP had a greater effect in SART-stress mice than in normal mice.
(11) The effects of Kamikihi-To (KMK), a traditional Chinese medicine, on autonomic imbalances were evaluated in SART-stressed (repeated cold-stressed) mice.
(12) These results suggest that SART-stressed rats have some form of abnormality in the synthetic system of 5-HT.
(13) Length of small intestine from SART stressed mice was much the same as in controls, but wet weights of small intestines were larger than in controls.
(14) Conditioning of monosynaptic reflexes was used to investigate group II excitation from quadriceps (Q) and sartorius (Sart) in posterior biceps-semitendinosus (PBSt) motoneurones and different lesions were made to analyze the interneuronal pathways.
(15) SART-stressed mice showed significant increases in erythrocyte count, hemoglobin, hematocrit and specific gravity of whole blood, no change in leukocyte count and a marked decrease in platelet count.
(16) Autonomic agonists, antagonists, tranquilizers and other drugs were given intraperitoneally to mice once daily during SART stress, and the ACh responses in the isolated duodenum were investigated.
(17) Thus, SART-stressed mice appear to have impairment in the process of acquisition of a passive avoidance task.
(18) The mechanism of hyperalgesia observed in SART (repeated cold)-stressed animals (mice and rats) was studied in relation to the autonomic nervous system.
(19) ACh response in the isolated duodenum from SART stressed (repeated cold stressed) mice was remarkably decreased in comparison to normal mice 5 days after onset of loading SART stress, and maximal contraction in SART stress mice duodenum was about 37% of that in non-stressed mice.
(20) Moreover, Neurotropin appears to improve and normalize hemostatic imbalance due to SART stress, a chronic form of stress.
(n.) A quicksand.
(1) Should I be killed, I would like to be buried, according to Muslim rituals, in the clothes I was wearing at the time of my death and my body unwashed, in the cemetery of Sirte, next to my family and relatives.
(2) In this respect, it hardly matters whether Isis itself, an affiliate, or simply fighters trading under the name were responsible for the deaths of the Egyptian Copts in Sirte .
(3) Sirte had previously been held by Libya Dawn, the Islamist-led militia alliance that rebelled against the elected government last summer and has been fighting a bitter war against pro-government forces ever since.
(4) In 1981 the Sixth Fleet shot down two Libyan fighters over the Gulf of Sirte in the first military collision, in modern times, between the US and an Arab country.
(5) In January, it killed 22 Christians , 21 of them Egyptians, on the Sirte shore, triggering Egyptian airstrikes.
(6) In late August, armed, masked men stopped a car carrying Egyptian workers near the Libyan city of Sirte.
(7) Some of the dead in Sirte had their hands bound together, and bloodstains and spent rifle cartridges indicated that they had been summarily executed.
(8) And he expounded his new vision – a United States of Africa, with Sirte as its capital, and himself as its self-anointed king of kings.
(9) The day after Zeidan's removal, the powerful Misrata militia, allied to congress, launched an offensive to retake the blockaded oil terminals, storming the base of an army special forces unit – the Zawiya Martyrs brigade – in the central city of Sirte, leaving five people dead.
(10) Nasr was evasive about when he found out his former boss was in Sirte.
(11) Nato said airstrikes pounded targets around Sirte as well as the towns of Waddan and Sabha in the southern desert.
(12) Rebels have also launched a surprise offensive towards Gaddafi's birthplace, Sirte.
(13) But as the rebels move closer to the town of Sirte, the revolutionary council is attempting to bring on board disparate tribal and local leaders and encourage a popular uprising to pave the way for a rebel takeover.
(14) Isis positions in the strategic port city of Sirte were hit by manned aircraft and drones on Monday, after a request from the UN-backed unity government.
(15) Sirte is Gaddafi's birthplace, and he is likely to heavily defend the town.
(16) Even if the rebels have the men trained to use them – which is open to question – it will be hard to turn such weapons on Sirte when the UN resolution authorising air strikes specifically says those strikes are designed to protect civilians.
(17) The Bayda government called for further “consultation and co-ordination” to counter Islamic State control of the coastal city of Sirte and its push westwards towards Misrata and to the south towards Jufra.
(18) In a few months its units conquered the town and pushed south into the Sirte Basin, taking a 100-mile stretch of coastline.
(19) Isis affiliates in Libya have not yet targeted any of these sites, but the group dominates two towns on the Mediterranean shoreline – Derna and Sirte – and has a presence in others.
(20) By Sunday night their Their rapid advance westwards is heading for the Libyan leader's home town and stronghold, Sirte, where two loud explosions were heard.