(1) One of her heroes, one of her mentors was Saul Alinsky,” he said, referring to the radical community organiser whose book, Rules for Radicals, he claimed contains an acknowledgement of Lucifer.
(2) The introduction of the golden hamster as a laboratory animal was initiated by Prof. Saul Adler F.R.S., who sought a laboratory animal susceptible to infection with Leishmania.
(3) Chosen by impressive writers and critics – including Elizabeth Bowen, Philip Larkin, George Steiner, Saul Bellow, AS Byatt, Ruth Rendell, John Carey – these shortlists demanded, at least, some respect.
(4) Saul Williams has been cast as the star of a new Broadway musical based on the music of Tupac Shakur .
(5) The speed of investment is unprecedented and the types and range of investor are more diverse than we have experienced, including teachers, doctors, property developers and solicitors,” says Josh Saul, chief executive of The Pure Gold Company.
(6) 1 | Dale Denton … from Pineapple Express Facebook Twitter Pinterest ‘It’s almost a shame to smoke it’: James Franco, left, as dealer Saul Silver and Seth Rogen as Dale Denton in Pineapple Express, 2008.
(7) He was with Saul when Saul ran out of money from his previous, major-label band, the Metros.
(8) You experience them in a different way.” Saul, as Lias is talking: “What?
(9) The challenge was launched by Middle-Earth Enterprises, a division of the LA-based Saul Zaentz Company, which controls worldwide merchandising rights to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
(10) I don’t have any cravings or withdrawal; it’s like resetting your brain.” Saul spent five weeks “with these spirit world people”.
(11) The research from Imperial College London’s National Heart and Lung Institute that prompted the side-effects row suggested that some of the ailments suffered by statins users were not as a consequence of the drugs, but Saul believes her cramps were.
(12) He had an advantage: his cousin Saul (father of Micah) is an investment entrepreneur who co-founded LoveFilm, put money into Codecademy and was an executive at Skype.
(13) Allen cites a list of actors, including Jeff Daniels (Purple Rose of Cairo), Patricia Clarkson (Vicky Cristina Barcelona) and Dianne Wiest (Hannah and Her Sisters), who Taylor persuaded him to use, as well as being able to convince already well-known personalities such as Saul Bellow, Marshall McLuhan and Susan Sontag to make cameo appearances.
(14) They were as victimised as any other prisoners at in Auschwitz.” Son of Saul review: an outstanding, excoriating look at evil in Auschwitz Read more Röhrig conceded that such confusion did persist, with even Primo Levi having insisted that the Sonderkommando were in some sense collaborators.
(15) In 1949, Saul Bellow went to a cocktail party hosted by Cyril Connolly, and found his preconceptions of literary England being undermined: “Although I don’t judge the inverted with harshness, still it is rather difficult to go to London thinking of Dickens and Hardy to say nothing of Milton and Marx and land in the midst of fairies.” Most of the people I’ve mentioned were living their lives more or less openly.
(16) The suit [PDF] , filed in a Los Angeles court on Monday, sees the Tolkien estate, its trustees and publisher HarperCollins taking legal action against Warner Bros, its subsidiary New Line Productions and the Saul Zaentz Company's Middle-earth Enterprises .
(17) He is crossing his fingers and hoping that a mooted spinoff show featuring Walter's crooked lawyer, Saul Goodman, will go ahead.
(18) University of Sydney law professor Ben Saul and the Gilbert + Tobin Centre of Public Law both lodged submissions expressing serious concerns about the extension of the regime.
(19) But then, just before we go to press, I get notice from Steve that Saul wants to talk.
(20) As Saul Bellow says in The Adventures of Augie March , everybody knows there is no subtlety in suppression: if you hold down one thing you also hold down the adjoining.