(1) Similar experimental manipulation has yielded in vitro lines established from avian B-cell lymphomas expressing elevated levels of c-myc or v-rel.
(2) The distribution and configuration of the experimental ruptures were similar to those usually noted as complications of human myocardial infarction.
(3) The antiarrhythmic activity similar to that of quinidine (with ca.
(4) It is concluded that during exposure to simulated microgravity early signs of osteoporosis occur in the tibial spongiosa and that changes in the spongy matter of tubular bones and vertebrae are similar and systemic.
(5) within 12 h of birth followed by similar injections every day for 10 consecutive days and then every second day for a further 8 weeks, with mycoplasma broth medium (tolerogen), to induce immune tolerance.
(6) Nutritionally rehabilitated animals had similar numbers of nucleoli to control rats.
(7) These studies led to the following conclusions: (a) all the prominent NHP which remain bound to DNA are also present in somewhat similar proportions in the saline-EDTA, Tris, and 0.35 M NaCl washes of nuclei; (b) a protein comigrating with actin is prominent in the first saline-EDTA wash of nuclei, but present as only a minor band in the subsequent washes and on washed chromatin; (c) the presence of nuclear matrix proteins in all the nuclear washes and cytosol indicates that these proteins are distributed throughout the cell; (d) a histone-binding protein (J2) analogous to the HMG1 protein of K. V. Shooter, G.H.
(8) As a consequence, similar response curves were obtained for urine specimens containing morphine or barbiturates.
(9) The 1989 results were compared with those of a similar survey performed in 1986.
(10) We similarly evaluated the ability of other phospholipids to form stable foam at various concentrations and ethanol volume fractions and found: bovine brain sphingomyelin greater than dipalmitoyl 3-sn-phosphatidylcholine greater than egg sphingomyelin greater than egg lecithin greater than phosphatidylglycerol.
(11) The prevalence of 24.4% among Mexican American men was similar to that among men from other ethnic backgrounds.
(12) Because cystine in medium was converted rapidly to cysteine and cysteinyl-NAC in the presence of NAC and given that cysteine has a higher affinity for uptake by EC than cystine, we conclude that the enhanced uptake of radioactivity was in the form of cysteine and at least part of the stimulatory effect of NAC on EC glutathione was due to a formation of cysteine by a mixed disulfide reaction of NAC with cystine similar to that previously reported for Chinese hamster ovarian cells (R. D. Issels et al.
(13) Microionophoretically applied excitatory amino acids induced firing of extracellularly recorded single units in a tissue slice preparation of the mouse cochlear nucleus, and the similarly applied antagonist 2-amino-5-phosphonovalerate (2APV) was demonstrated to be a selective N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist.
(14) Although Jeggo's Chinese hamster ovary cells were more responsive to mAMSA, novo still abrogated mAMSA toxicity in the mutant cells as well as in the parental Chinese hamster ovary cells 2,4-Dinitrophenol acted similarly to novo with respect to mAMSA killing, but neither compound reduced the ATP content of V79 cells.
(15) Methanosphaera stadtmanae reduces methanol to CH4 in a similar way as Methanosarcina barkeri.
(16) This study compared the non-invasive vascular profiles, coagulation tests, and rheological profiles of 46 consecutive cases of low-tension glaucoma with 69 similarly unselected cases of high-tension glaucoma and 47 age-matched controls.
(17) Similarly, doses of deferoxamine at the time of the study were not different.
(18) In the presence of insulin, a qualitatively similar pattern of increasing responses to albumin is observed; the enhancement of each response by insulin is, however, only slightly potentiated by higher albumin concentrations.
(19) The specific activities of extracts from cells grown under phototrophic and aerobic conditions were similar and not affected by the concentration of iron in the growth media.
(20) The thermoregulatory responses of this American marsupial were, in most aspects, similar to those of Australian marsupials.