(1) The IL-8 isolated from each of these cell types is a mixture of two IL-8 polypeptides, one consisting of 72 amino acids (herein called [ser-IL-8]72) and the other 77 amino acids (an N-terminal extended form herein called [ala-IL-8]77).
(2) Four fractions enriched, respectively, in plasma membrane (PM), smooth endoplasmic reticulum (SER), rough endoplasmic reticulum (RER), and mitochondria were isolated from estrogen-dominated rat myometrium.
(3) We have named them bombolitin I (Ile-Lys-Ile-Thr-Thr-Met-Leu-Ala-Lys-Leu-Gly-Lys-Val-Leu-Ala-His-Val-NH2 ), bombolitin II (Ser-Lys-Ile-Thr-Asp-Ile-Leu-Ala-Lys-Leu-Gly-Lys-Val-Leu-Ala-His-Val-NH2 ), bombolitin III (Ile-Lys-Ile-Met-Asp-Ile-Leu-Ala-Lys-Leu-Gly-Lys-Val-Leu-Ala-His-Val-NH2 ), bombolitin IV (Ile-Asn-Ile-Lys-Asp-Ile-Leu-Ala-Lys-Leu-Val-Lys-Val-Leu-Gly-His-Val-NH2 ), and bombolitin V (Ile-Asn-Val-Leu-Gly-Ile-Leu-Gly-Leu-Leu-Gly-Lys-Ala-Leu-Ser-His-Leu-NH2 ).
(4) By all 50 O sera we found that 71.08%, strains was serotype however, they fell into 42 O ser-types.
(5) The single site of troponin T which exists in a phosphorylated state in vivo (residue Ser-1) undergoes phosphorylation by specific protein kinase (troponin T kinase) related to casein kinases II.
(6) Finally, early chymotryptic cleavage of GPIIIa in whole platelets liberates to the soluble fraction the peptide stretch Ser-101-Tyr-348, which carries the epitope for P37 and the putative binding sites for fibrinogen.
(7) The lipid-mobilizing activity of a synthetic peptide, NH2-Phe-Glu-Glu-Ala-Tyr-Ile-Pro-Lys-Glu-Gln-Lys-Tyr-Ser-Phe-COOH, corresponding to the 31-44 amino-acid sequence of human growth hormone, was studied.
(8) The amino terminal amino acid sequences of the subunits alpha, beta and gamma were Ser-Phe-Asp-Met-, Met-Val-Pro-Gly- and Met-Arg-Leu-Thr-, respectively.
(9) The significance of this event is uncertain; cleaved NGF demonstrates bioactivity and no function has been attributed to the octapeptide produced (NGF-OP; Ser-Ser-Thr-His-Pro-Val-Phe-His).
(10) After administration of ACTH for many days, the cultured cells showed characteristic changes in sER and mitochondria.
(11) The replacements for Glu-43 (Asp, Gln, Asn, Ser, and Ala) both decreased the catalytic efficiency and changed the one- and two-dimensional NMR spectral properties of the mutant enzymes.
(12) Meanwhile, control peptide (Gly-Arg-Gly-Glu-Ser-Pro), which does not contain the crucial cell binding sequence, did not show any inhibitory effects.
(13) With pre-tRNA(Ser) and initiator pre-tRNA(Met), strong effects were observed in the T arm and weaker effects in the anticodon stem.
(14) From this modeling study, the role of Ser-229 at the active site in the bound conformer of the inhibitors was suggested.
(15) A structure-function study of alpha-melanotropin has shown that this tridecapeptide consists of two message sequences, (-Glu)-His-Phe-Arg-Trp- and -Gly-Lys-Pro-Val-NH2, and a potentiator sequence, Ac.Ser-Tyr-Ser-Met-(Glu-), when acting on its melanophore receptors.
(16) Conversion of Cys148 to Asp, Gly, or Ser decreases CH activity at least 10(5)-fold, consistent with a nucleophilic role for Cys148 (analogous to the catalytic Cys residue in TS).
(17) In all inhibition assays with [32P]casein or [Ser(32P)15]RII, the concentration of calcineurin required for measurable phosphatase activity is such that these complexes behave as tight-binding inhibitors of calcineurin, and steady-state kinetics cannot be used to assess inhibition patterns or Ki values.
(18) A bicyclic hexadecapeptide, which corresponds to the sequence 36-51 and contains the chymotrypsin-reactive Leu-43-Ser-44 bond of soybean Bowman-Birk inhibitor, has been synthesized.
(19) Preparation of 32P-labeled Tyr(P) and Ser(P) phosphoproteins also is presented for the direct measurement of phosphatase activities in preparations by the release of acid-soluble [32P]phosphate.
(20) SER proliferation in rat and monkey liver cells was less conspicuous than in mice.
(1) In 14 patients with asymmetrical baseline VERs, hypercapnia caused improvement of symmetry in five, worsening in three, and no change in six.
(2) Ver or Nim iv induced significant reduction of MAP and CVR.
(3) There was no correlation between the degree of ventricular dilatation at term and the latency of the VER.
(4) VER study can be undertaken, without general anaesthesia, as from 3 to 4 years of age.
(5) Pattern-reversal VERs were studied during the visual impairment provoked by exercise in 2 patients with demyelinating optic neuritis.
(6) In addition, a grand average VER (GVVER) WAS CALCULATED FOR EACH STIMULUS CLASS BY AVERAGING THE INDIVIDUAL AVERAGE VER's.
(7) A case is presented in which intraoperative visual evoked response (VER) monitoring was employed during correction of orbital hypertelorism.
(8) In this study of 10 female and 2 male patients we carried out a retrospective analysis of the latencies and waveforms of their full field and half field VERs to pattern reversal stimulus.
(9) The usefulness of changes in salivary and vaginal electrical resistance (SER and VER) measurements for timing ovulation was evaluated in 15 cycles.
(10) An automated system for performing VER, ERG and EOG measurements has been developed and is now in clinical use.
(11) The present study was performed to determine whether VER's can provide indications of differences in responses to word stimuli presented in different parts of the visual field.
(12) By 2 months the VER and visual acuity had returned to normal.
(13) Recorded VER asymmetries seem to correlate with oculomotor disturbances.
(14) VER's were absent and all infants later became cortically blind.
(15) Her book is dedicated to the “Spirit of ver Hits” – what was that?
(16) Nicardipine (NIC), diltiazem (DIL) and verapamil (VER) had no effect on the rise in [Ca2+]i evoked by carbachol.
(17) Motion-reversal visual evoked responses (VERs) have remarkable waveform variability.
(18) The VER in 2 of these 3 patients showed slight prolongation in latency and waveform distortions.
(19) The addition of VER to VCR significantly decreased pulmonary tumor formation (14 versus 47 colonies; p = 0.05).
(20) Since atropine sulfate provided at least partial recovery of the VER following DFP without affecting AChE inhibition, an accumulation of acetylcholine (ACh) probably is involved in the initial visual loss.