(1) The following correction was made on Tuesday April 3 2007 Dr Seyed Safavi would like to make it clear that he was conducting research on his own behalf, and not for his brother General Yahya Rahim Safavi, as we stated in the article below.
(2) Last autumn, naive members were stunned when Dr Seyed Adeli, the then Iranian ambassador, appeared as guest of honour at its annual conference.
(3) The regression equation between adult height (y) and the rachitic score (x) was: y = -1.53x + 0.90; the SEy was 0.76.
(4) The release this week of a number of prominent activists – including the human rights lawyer Nasrin Sotoudeh – has followed Rouhani's appointment of Seyed Mahmoud Alavi as intelligence minister.
(5) Small eye (Sey) in mouse is a semidominant mutation which in the homozygous condition results in the complete lack of eyes and nasal primordia.
(6) The agency said the blast took place at 8:30am local time in Shahid Golnabi street in Tehran's eastern area of Seyed Khandan.
(7) He wears a black turban, indicating he is a seyed – a descendant of the prophet Muhammad, in Shia Islam .
(8) The police's letter was sent from Fata's head, Seyed Kamal Hadianfar, who asked Bayan's director to immediately disclose the log details behind the blog, which could have potentially revealed the blogger's identity and IP address.
(9) Small eye (Sey) is a dominant mutation in the mouse affecting the embryonic development of the eyes and nose.
(10) The conference was attended by senior Iranian officials, including the minister for culture and Islamic guidance, Seyed Mohammad Hosseini.
(11) (The counterfeiting gang's alleged ringleader, Iranian-born Seyed Paknejad, 45, was arrested but jumped bail and fled, on a fake Turkish passport, to Malaysia – where he was re-arrested last year carrying a startling 17 stolen New Zealand passports .
(12) The results suggest that the Sey gene maps between Fshb and Cas-1.
(13) The mouse mutation Small eye (Sey), which has been proposed as a model for aniridia, results from defects in Pax-6, a gene containing paired-box and homeobox motifs that is specifically expressed in the developing eye and brain.
(14) However, just in the last few weeks we have witnessed the identification of a gene on 11p13 in humans which is a paired box- and homeobox-containing gene as the cause of human aniridia, with the identical (homologous) mutation in the mouse Pax-6 gene producing the Sey phenotype (small eye).
(15) Small eyes (Sey) is a semidominant, homozygous lethal mutation in the mouse (Roberts, 1967).
(16) Evidence is presented that Sey is not allelic with Coloboma (Cm), another mutation affecting eye development on chromosome 2.
(17) Among them, Tin Men Chu, Siu Mao Heung and Sey Lau Pai inhibited the growth of Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumonia, Escherichia coli, Shigella flexneri, Streptococcus faecalis, Salmonella paratyphi, Salm.
(18) Although the coefficient of correlation was highly significant, this value for SEy indicated that much of the observed variation was due to other factors, apart from the rachitic process.
(19) The effect of the Sey mutation is apparently limited to the growth and differentiation of the presumptive lens and nasal placodes.
(20) Here we report the analysis of three independent Sey alleles and show that indeed this gene is mutated and that the mutations would predictably interrupt gene function.
(n.) See Sty, a boil.
(1) Clegg rejected the suggestion that the riots were the fulfilment of his prediction, made prior to the election, that there would be Greek-stye riots over the Tory cuts plans.
(2) Surgical trauma preceded the development of two lesions in one patient and a second patient presented with a positive history of recurrent styes, a chalazion, and a questionable history of trauma to the lid.