(v. t.) To exhibit or present to view; to place in sight; to display; -- the thing exhibited being the object, and often with an indirect object denoting the person or thing seeing or beholding; as, to show a house; show your colors; shopkeepers show customers goods (show goods to customers).
(v. t.) To exhibit to the mental view; to tell; to disclose; to reveal; to make known; as, to show one's designs.
(v. t.) Specifically, to make known the way to (a person); hence, to direct; to guide; to asher; to conduct; as, to show a person into a parlor; to show one to the door.
(v. t.) To make apparent or clear, as by evidence, testimony, or reasoning; to prove; to explain; also, to manifest; to evince; as, to show the truth of a statement; to show the causes of an event.
(v. t.) To bestow; to confer; to afford; as, to show favor.
(v. i.) To exhibit or manifest one's self or itself; to appear; to look; to be in appearance; to seem.
(v. i.) To have a certain appearance, as well or ill, fit or unfit; to become or suit; to appear.
(n.) The act of showing, or bringing to view; exposure to sight; exhibition.
(n.) That which os shown, or brought to view; that which is arranged to be seen; a spectacle; an exhibition; as, a traveling show; a cattle show.
(n.) A discharge, from the vagina, of mucus streaked with blood, occuring a short time before labor.
(n.) A pale blue flame, at the top of a candle flame, indicating the presence of fire damp.
(1) Forty-nine patients (with 83 eyes showing signs of the disease) were followed up for between six months and 12 years.
(2) Cancer patients showed abnormally high plasma free tryptophan levels.
(3) In contrast, arteries which were exposed to CO showed a higher uptake of cholesterol as compared to their corresponding control.
(4) After stimulation with lipopolysaccharide and calcium ionophore A23187, culture supernatants of clones c18A and c29A showed cytotoxic activity against human melanoma A375 Met-Mix and other cell lines which were resistant to the tumor necrosis factor, lymphotoxin and interleukin 1.
(5) We also show that proliferation of primary amnion cells is not dependent on a high c-fos expression, suggesting that the function of c-fos is more likely to be associated with other cellular functions in the differentiated amnion cell.
(6) These results show that the pathogenic phenotypes of MCF viruses are dissociable from the thymotropic phenotype and depend, at least in part, upon the enhancer sequences.
(7) In addition, intravenous injection of complexes into rabbits showed optimal myocardial images with agents of intermediate lipophilicity.
(8) These surveys show that campers exposed to mountain stream water are at risk of acquiring giardiasis.
(9) In the surface epithelial cells, the basolateral cell surface showed moderate enzymatic activity.
(10) These studies show that metabolic activation is necessary for the expression of the mutagenic activity of aflatoxins B1 and G1 in N. crassa.
(11) In contrast to previous reports, these tumours were more malignant than osteosarcomas and showed a five-year survival rate of only 4-2 per cent.
(12) During and after the infusion of 5HTP, none of the patients showed an increase in anxiety or depressive symptoms, despite the presence of severe side effects.
(13) Snooker, which became and remains a fixture in the BBC2 schedules, was chosen for showing because it is the sport in which different shades are most significant.
(14) Tests showed the cells survive and function normally in animals and reverse movement problems caused by Parkinson's in monkeys.
(15) In this paper, we show representative experiments illustrating some characteristics of the procedure which may have wide application in clinical microbiology.
(16) Histological studies showed that the resulting pancreatitis was usually mild to moderate, being severe only in association with sepsis.
(17) The PSB dioxygenase system displayed a narrow substrate range: none of 18 sulphonated or non-sulphonated analogues of PSB showed significant substrate-dependent O2 uptake.
(18) His son, Karim Makarius, opened the gallery to display some of the legacy bequeathed to him by his father in 2009, as well as the work of other Argentine photographers and artists – currently images by contemporary photographer Facundo de Zuviria are also on show.
(19) Furthermore, all of the sera from seven other patients with shock reactions following the topical application of chlorhexidine preparation also showed high RAST counts.
(20) They spend about 4.3 minutes of each working hour on a smoking break, the study shows.