(1) She said the rise in fees was not part of the effort to tackle the deficit, but was instead about Clegg "going along with Tory plans to shove the cost of higher education on to students and their families".
(2) Republican House majority leader Eric Cantor claimed that Obama had shoved back the table and walked out of White House talks, after Cantor refused to discuss the president's proposal to raise taxes on wealthier Americans.
(3) Jeremain Lens, signed from Dynamo Kyiv, was fortunate to escape dismissal for a second yellow card, while Yann M’Vila, on loan from Rubin Kazan, followed his headbutt in the reserves by raising arms to Graham Dorrans during an unpunished, but unwise, bout of push ’n’ shove.
(4) But the last people you'd rely on are those who dug the ditch and shoved you in – particularly when they're still building and still shoving.
(5) Read more “Shoving an offer in front of our noses at the eleventh hour says a lot about how the secretary of state has handled this over the past three months,“ Dr Johann Malawana, the chair of the BMA’s junior doctors, said.
(6) Podolski dispossesses Lahm in the box, with the aid of a subtle shove.
(7) As Gabrielle is at pains to point out, there was no unhappy childhood to avenge; no traumas to shove into the creative crucible.
(8) During the trial the officer accepted he was wrong in retrospect to have hit Tomlinson on the back of the leg and shoved him to the pavement as the 47-year-old walked slowly away from police lines on the evening of 1 April 2009, but told an often emotional trial that he believed at the time the action had been necessary.
(9) Check out Hamleys' predictions for this year's top Christmas toys , and you'll see a list dominated by pricey novelties: a breakdancing Mickey Mouse, a Barbie with an alarming fragile-looking articulated pony, a baby tablet that shoves "educational games" under your baby's nose.
(10) Updated at 3.23am BST 2.38am BST Another bout of Mitt Romney trying to ride over the moderator and just keep talking, and nearly pulls it off but Candy Crowley backs him down, but only after some verbal pushing and shoving.
(11) Welbeck climbs, gives Martin a gentle shove in the small of his back to ease the defender out of his road, and plants a header into the left-hand side of the goal.
(12) "A guy comes near my seat, shoves a badge that had some sort of a shield on it, yanks the Google Glass off my face and says 'Follow me outside immediately'," said the man, who was taken into a room for interrogation.
(13) "People were shoving each other, panicking, but the police kept attacking us."
(14) Tomlinson, 47, died shortly after being shoved to the ground by a riot policeman later identified as Harwood.
(15) I took my bandana off and I put it in a knot and shoved it in his bullet hole in his back.” Junior had been shot twice.
(16) He did add a shove on a Colorado player in the aftermath, but the straight red was for the handling.
(17) The value of Doppler study and of arteriography is demonstrated in the present case of a woman with a five month history of pain and paraesthesias of the arm and hand, who shoved sudden occlusion of left humeral artery.
(18) Many died after spears were shoved into their vaginas.
(19) Violence-related morbidity data for adolescents from one community revealed that 50% of the male respondents experienced at least one pushing or shoving fight per year, and that by age 16 25% had already been threatened by a weapon.
(20) Most of us are not foolish enough to suppose that our electricity supplier specially packages up "green energy" for us, and shoves it down the wires.
(imp.) of Show
() of Show
(1) Forty-nine patients (with 83 eyes showing signs of the disease) were followed up for between six months and 12 years.
(2) Cancer patients showed abnormally high plasma free tryptophan levels.
(3) In contrast, arteries which were exposed to CO showed a higher uptake of cholesterol as compared to their corresponding control.
(4) After stimulation with lipopolysaccharide and calcium ionophore A23187, culture supernatants of clones c18A and c29A showed cytotoxic activity against human melanoma A375 Met-Mix and other cell lines which were resistant to the tumor necrosis factor, lymphotoxin and interleukin 1.
(5) We also show that proliferation of primary amnion cells is not dependent on a high c-fos expression, suggesting that the function of c-fos is more likely to be associated with other cellular functions in the differentiated amnion cell.
(6) These results show that the pathogenic phenotypes of MCF viruses are dissociable from the thymotropic phenotype and depend, at least in part, upon the enhancer sequences.
(7) In addition, intravenous injection of complexes into rabbits showed optimal myocardial images with agents of intermediate lipophilicity.
(8) These surveys show that campers exposed to mountain stream water are at risk of acquiring giardiasis.
(9) In the surface epithelial cells, the basolateral cell surface showed moderate enzymatic activity.
(10) These studies show that metabolic activation is necessary for the expression of the mutagenic activity of aflatoxins B1 and G1 in N. crassa.
(11) In contrast to previous reports, these tumours were more malignant than osteosarcomas and showed a five-year survival rate of only 4-2 per cent.
(12) During and after the infusion of 5HTP, none of the patients showed an increase in anxiety or depressive symptoms, despite the presence of severe side effects.
(13) Snooker, which became and remains a fixture in the BBC2 schedules, was chosen for showing because it is the sport in which different shades are most significant.
(14) Tests showed the cells survive and function normally in animals and reverse movement problems caused by Parkinson's in monkeys.
(15) In this paper, we show representative experiments illustrating some characteristics of the procedure which may have wide application in clinical microbiology.
(16) Histological studies showed that the resulting pancreatitis was usually mild to moderate, being severe only in association with sepsis.
(17) The PSB dioxygenase system displayed a narrow substrate range: none of 18 sulphonated or non-sulphonated analogues of PSB showed significant substrate-dependent O2 uptake.
(18) His son, Karim Makarius, opened the gallery to display some of the legacy bequeathed to him by his father in 2009, as well as the work of other Argentine photographers and artists – currently images by contemporary photographer Facundo de Zuviria are also on show.
(19) Furthermore, all of the sera from seven other patients with shock reactions following the topical application of chlorhexidine preparation also showed high RAST counts.
(20) They spend about 4.3 minutes of each working hour on a smoking break, the study shows.