(1) Forty-nine patients (with 83 eyes showing signs of the disease) were followed up for between six months and 12 years.
(2) Cancer patients showed abnormally high plasma free tryptophan levels.
(3) In contrast, arteries which were exposed to CO showed a higher uptake of cholesterol as compared to their corresponding control.
(4) After stimulation with lipopolysaccharide and calcium ionophore A23187, culture supernatants of clones c18A and c29A showed cytotoxic activity against human melanoma A375 Met-Mix and other cell lines which were resistant to the tumor necrosis factor, lymphotoxin and interleukin 1.
(5) We also show that proliferation of primary amnion cells is not dependent on a high c-fos expression, suggesting that the function of c-fos is more likely to be associated with other cellular functions in the differentiated amnion cell.
(6) These results show that the pathogenic phenotypes of MCF viruses are dissociable from the thymotropic phenotype and depend, at least in part, upon the enhancer sequences.
(7) In addition, intravenous injection of complexes into rabbits showed optimal myocardial images with agents of intermediate lipophilicity.
(8) These surveys show that campers exposed to mountain stream water are at risk of acquiring giardiasis.
(9) In the surface epithelial cells, the basolateral cell surface showed moderate enzymatic activity.
(10) These studies show that metabolic activation is necessary for the expression of the mutagenic activity of aflatoxins B1 and G1 in N. crassa.
(11) In contrast to previous reports, these tumours were more malignant than osteosarcomas and showed a five-year survival rate of only 4-2 per cent.
(12) During and after the infusion of 5HTP, none of the patients showed an increase in anxiety or depressive symptoms, despite the presence of severe side effects.
(13) Snooker, which became and remains a fixture in the BBC2 schedules, was chosen for showing because it is the sport in which different shades are most significant.
(14) Tests showed the cells survive and function normally in animals and reverse movement problems caused by Parkinson's in monkeys.
(15) In this paper, we show representative experiments illustrating some characteristics of the procedure which may have wide application in clinical microbiology.
(16) Histological studies showed that the resulting pancreatitis was usually mild to moderate, being severe only in association with sepsis.
(17) The PSB dioxygenase system displayed a narrow substrate range: none of 18 sulphonated or non-sulphonated analogues of PSB showed significant substrate-dependent O2 uptake.
(18) His son, Karim Makarius, opened the gallery to display some of the legacy bequeathed to him by his father in 2009, as well as the work of other Argentine photographers and artists – currently images by contemporary photographer Facundo de Zuviria are also on show.
(19) Furthermore, all of the sera from seven other patients with shock reactions following the topical application of chlorhexidine preparation also showed high RAST counts.
(20) They spend about 4.3 minutes of each working hour on a smoking break, the study shows.
(imp.) of Sow
() of Sow
(1) Milk yield and litter weights were similar but backfat thickness (BF) was greater in 22 C sows (P less than .05) compared to 30 C sows.
(2) Plasmid profiling was used to distinguish strains of lactobacilli inhabiting the digestive tract of piglets and the feces of sows.
(3) Serum from piglets of vaccinated sows had no more bactericidal activity than did sera from non-vaccinated sows.
(4) The results indicate that additional feed in late gestation improves reproductive performance in sows.
(5) The latter animals were raised in an automated feeding device (Autosow) with an artificial diet simulating the nutritional composition of sow milk.
(6) In acute experiments on pregnant sows under sodium pentobarbitone anaesthesia, acid base balance, oxygenation and plasma metabolite concentrations were well maintained in the dam and all fetuses which remained undisturbed in utero, irrespective of the duration of the experiment.
(7) Littermate pigs were reared artificially or on the sow.
(8) The animals were sold only to smaller farms (less than 500 sows for breeding) with concentional keeping patterns which were kept under constant diagnostic supervision.
(9) Sow had a couple of chances and the substitute Emmanuel Emenike drew a sharp last-minute save out of Szczesny but Giroud's penalty, after Kadlec's foul on Walcott, represented Arsenal's emphatic final word.
(10) Incubation of normal pig lymphocytes in serum samples collected from 10 sows immediately before, and at daily intervals after mating with a vasectomized boar significantly elevated the rosette inhibition titre (RIT) of a standard antilymphocyte serum in 6 animals on the first but not on the 2nd and 3rd day after copulation.
(11) Landrace sows lost less weight during lactation (P less than .05) when fed diet F than when fed diet N. The total number of pigs born, born alive, and alive at 21 d and at weaning were higher (P less than .01) for S-line Duroc sows, and litter size at 21 d and at weaning was higher (P less than .01) for S-line Landrace sows than for C-line litters within each breed.
(12) Patterns of estradiol and LH secretion around estrus were similar in normal sows and those treated with GnRH.
(13) The adrenocortical response and open field behavior of a random sample of 37 individually confined gestating sows in different parities were tested around day 85 of pregnancy.
(14) The possibility of transplacental transmission of PRCV was investigated in two litters born to sows that had been inoculated with this virus in late pregnancy.
(15) Isolations were made from the kidney and genital tract of each sow.
(16) Critics have warned that the boom is benefiting only a narrow elite while leaving the poor and jobless behind, exacerbating inequality and potentially sowing seeds of unrest.
(17) Add to this the fact that sows in China are almost certain to be kept in stalls.
(18) Despite hypocalcaemia and hypophosphataemia of the homozygote sows at term, fetal Ca and Pi concentrations were normal.
(19) Number of pigs born alive was lower for sows treated with P.G.
(20) Sera from adult sows showed a higher rate (73.1%) of positive titers than those from 3-6 month-old pigs (40.7%).