(1) It was shown that delta F508 frequency of CF-patients was 59.2%, the frequencies of S5491, G551D and K533X were about 1%.
(2) We have determined the genomic structure of the fosB gene and shown that it consists of 4 exons and 3 introns at positions also found in the c-fos gene.
(3) Recently, it has been shown that radiation therapy, alone or combined with chemotherapy, can be successful.
(4) It was shown in experiments on four dogs by the conditioned method that the period of recovery of conditioned activity after one hour ether anaesthesia tested 7 to 7.5 days.
(5) We have previously shown that serotonin is present in secretory granules of frog adrenochromaffin cells; concurrently, we have demonstrated that serotonin is a potent stimulator of corticosterone and aldosterone secretion by adrenocortical cells.
(6) Extensive studies during recent years have shown that the interaction between hormone and membrane-bound receptor can affect the receptor characteristics in at least two ways.
(7) It has been shown by LM and transmission electron microscopy that cells with blebs are viable and capable of mitotic activity.
(8) Past imaging techniques shown in the courtroom have made the conventional rules of evidence more difficult because of the different informational content and format required for presentation of these data.
(9) We have previously shown that intratracheally instilled silica (quartz) produces both morphologic evidence of emphysema and small-airway changes, and functional evidence of airflow obstruction.
(10) Completeness of isolation of the coronary and systemic circulations was shown by the marked difference in appearance times between the reflex hypotensive responses from catecholamine injections into the isolated coronary circulation and the direct hypertensive response from a similar injection when the circulations were connected as well as by the marked difference between the pressure pulses recorded simultaneously on both sides of the aortic balloon separating the two circulations.4.
(11) Recent studies have shown that an aberration in platelet-derived growth factor gene expression is unlikely to be a factor in proliferation of smooth-muscle cells.
(12) Mitonafide is the lead compound of a new series of antitumor drugs, the 3-Nitronaphthalimides, which have shown antineoplastic activity in vitro as well as in vivo.
(13) It was also shown that after a shock at 44 degrees C teratocarcinoma cells were able to accumulate anomalous amounts of hsp 70 despite hsp 70 synthesis inhibition.
(14) A specimen of a very early ovum, 4 to 6 days old, shown in the luminal form of imbedding before any hemorrhage has taken place, confirms that the luminal form of imbedding does occur.
(15) In order to determine the extent of this similarity, I have developed a panel of probes for many of the Pacl restriction fragments and have shown that most of the Pacl and Notl fragments found in MBa are also present in MBb.
(16) The lipid A moiety was shown to be responsible for this novel biological activity of the LPS molecule.
(17) Numerical results for the population of England and Wales are shown.
(18) SD is shown to have therapeutic and differential diagnostic significance in varying pathological conditions of cerebral dopaminergic systems.
(19) Further purification of ZAB by filtration through Sephadex G-100 gave a preparation (ZAB2) which contained the common antigen as shown by the cross-reactivity of anti-ZAB2 rat serum with seven stains of N. gonorrhoeae.
(20) No correlation between volatile make up and geography was found, but the profiling procedures are shown to be of use in the forensic problem of relating samples to a common source.
(p. p.) of Sow
() p. p. of Sow.
(1) "They have sown confusion in police departments about when to make arrests, made it more difficult for prosecutors to bring charges in cases of deadly violence and, most importantly, they have been responsible for a major increase in so-called 'justifiable homicides.'
(2) There was some fertile ground in which that grotesque lie could be sown.
(3) The financial crash caused by treating housing as a speculative commodity made things worse, but the truth is that the seeds of the crisis have been sown over many years.
(4) In the case of mutation assays, presoaked rice seeds were treated with 100, 200 or 300 ppm 2,4-D for 4 h and sown in the field.
(5) Using seed mixes selected specifically for their compatibility and adaptation to specific conditions, the plantings are sown direct as mixes and allowed to evolve rather than planted as individuals in a more conventional manner.
(6) A method of skin transplantation is presented whereby a wound may be successively sown with epithelium by the repeated transfer of the same strips of split thickness skin.
(7) The resistant colony type usually observed in the inhibition zones seldom arise directly by mutation from a cell sown in the area of the zone of inhibition.
(8) Only the truth that in life we have spoken Only the seed that in life we have sown.
(9) These days, rat poison is not just sown in the earth by the truckload, it is rained from helicopters that track the rats with radar – in 2011 80 metric tonnes of poison-laced bait were dumped on to Henderson Island, home to one of the last untouched coral reefs in the South Pacific.
(10) The seeds of the hatred that drove him to murder his MP, Jo Cox, appear to have been sown years earlier, when he began to acquire the means to kill.
(11) Greece's economy has been in the balance for months, but the seeds of the crisis were sown a decade ago 1 January 2001: Greece joins the euro Having been left out when the single European currency began at the beginning of 1999, Greece becomes the 12th member two years later after dramatically cutting inflation and interest rates, and bringing the drachma smoothly into line with the euro.
(12) In some parts of the country, then, the giddiness sown by a hyped-up recovery and rising house prices – up by an annual average of 7.7% , according to Halifax, with George Osborne's Help To Buy scheme having played its part – is evidently doing its work.
(13) The seeds of deprivation are sown very early in life.
(14) The seeds were sown in March last year when the Seleka, a largely Muslim rebel group, seized Bangui in a coup, installed the country's first Muslim president, Michel Djotodia, and terrorised the majority Christian population, killing men, women and children .
(15) Where Blakey had stretched the rhythmic role of bop drums by intensifying the scattered offbeat patterns sown against the steady hi-hat and ride-cymbal pulse, Jones was dispensing with the "accompanist" role altogether, and envisaging a drum part as enhancing the playing of others and being a developing musical statement itself.
(16) That kind of psychological impact, the fear that is being sown across the nation, on top of the human tragedy of the dead and wounded in Paris, will be long lasting.
(17) A series of repressive laws, coupled with a campaign against a leading leftist opposition group, has sown fear among many.
(18) Even without the clues sown throughout the album (Palace Posy is an anagram of apocalypse), it audibly suggests a hollowed-out landscape in the aftermath of some terrible event.
(19) The first seed of it was sown in April 2014, when Google teamed up with the Pokémon Company to hide Pokémon throughout Google Maps .
(20) You're charged with getting to the green chapel, to reap what you've sown.