(1) Some embryos produced by sic-homozygous females differentiate the spitz phenotype, others develop normally or die early.
(2) Two reagents, starch-iodine complex (SIC) and a mixed pH indicator, containing bromocresol purple and BTB (2:1) used earlier for the PNC-based ELISA, were compared with BTB for utilization in the PNC-based ELISA.
(3) The SIC-Em relation is non-linear and reverses sign at about +15 mV.
(4) That cannot be right.” Fury, who was stripped of his IBF title on Tuesday night after signing up for a rematch with Klitschko, tweeted last week: “Hopefully I don’t win @BBCSPOTY as I’m not the best roll model [sic] in the world for the kids, give it to someone who would appreciate it”, but the BBC has no plans to remove him from the shortlist or make any special arrangements to avoid potential controversy in Belfast on 20 December.
(5) If they refuse to do so, make the least show of resistance, or attempt to run away from you, you will fire upon and compell [sic] them to surrender, breaking and destroying the Spears, Clubs, and Waddies of all those you take prisoner.
(6) It's pure ad hominem (in the classic sense of the logical fallacy): "who is "Cornell [ sic ] West" to think that anything he says should be even listened to by "national security professionals"?
(7) Crystallized chicken liver H4 lactatedehydrogenase with PCBM and DTNB, proved to have sic thiol groups per enzyme molecule.
(8) Based on our research results and recent published investigations, many topics, such as grain, grain boundary, interface film, grain boundary engineering, microcrack, microdomain, nanodomain, domain boundary, and phase transformation, etc., have been dealt with; and many materials, such as Si3N4, beta''-Al2O3, MgO, SiC, (Hg, Cd) Te, BNN, ZrO2, PLZT, CdSe, Ca10(PO4)6, (OH)2, etc., have been involved.
(9) Here's the HKEx statement: This new haircut shall be applied on a daily basis to determine the value of the US Treasuries [sic] allowed to be used as cover for the margin requirements of HKCC [Hong Kong Clearing Corporation] participants.
(10) His researchers, apparently seeking to understand this imbalance, visited 10 independent schools "with a strong track records [sic] of sporting excellence" and 35 state schools "where the picture was very mixed".
(11) In both survey populations all cancer groups had significantly elevated levels of SIC when compared to any of the control populations.
(12) The sale of Once Upon a Time in Shaolin was agreed upon in May,” RZA wrote, “well before Martin Skhreli’s [sic] business practices came to light.
(13) He stopped at a large rock and kept saying 'they are there, thy [sic] are there' and shooting.
(14) It said: "We decry this persecution of one of our own, one who commited [sic] no crime and is being targeted simply for his association, real or imagined, by overzealous feds who seek to cut off the head of an idea, a group which has no leader.
(15) "According to [the British national] a China National Petroleum Company (CNPC) security team was stopped in Basrah [sic] city by the Iraqi police in a 'clear attempt to disrupt and cause panic to the clients.'
(16) Manchester United will be offered £27m for his services (sic), but will only accept the bid if they switch back from a marketing machine to a football club.
(17) Although there were no concentration-related changes in body weight, clinical chemistry, or hematological data attributable to SiC, lung weights were increased in the high concentration exposure group at both euthanization times.
(18) He is understood to be Matthew Doyle, a partner at a south London-based talent and PR agency, who tweeted earlier in the day: “I confronted a Muslim women [sic] yesterday in croydon.
(19) They're still not very happy with what's happened … I think Wisbech really becomes [sic] a small Latvia or Lithuania, or something like that."
(20) The proton beam from an AN700 van de Graaff accelerator has been used to bombard solid targets of C, TiB2, SiC, SiN, Al and Au in the energy range 250-700 keV.
(n.) A colloquial abbreviation of Sister.
(n.) Six. See Sise.
(1) Chromatographic separation revealed that the bulk (85%) of the mitogenic activity in SSV-transformed NRK cells was not due to p28v-sis but rather two distinct endothelial cell growth factors that eluted off heparin-Sepharose between 1 and 2 M NaCl.
(2) To get an insight into the nature of variant Ph translocations and the process of their formation, we examined the localization of the c-abl and c-sis oncogenes and the breakpoint cluster region (bcr) gene by chromosomal in situ hybridization in ten variant Ph translocations of CML including five simple and five complex ones as initially interpreted.
(3) Loss of a c-sis allele (allele I in all cases) was observed in 6 out of 10 tumors from heterozygous patients.
(4) Cells transformed by v-sis produce a platelet-derived growth factor-related molecule which is able to stimulate the platelet-derived growth factor receptor in an autocrine fashion.
(5) The v-sis oncogene of simian sarcoma virus (SSV) is a retroviral version of the PDGF B chain gene and SSV-transformation is mediated by an autocrine PDGF-like growth factor.
(6) Messenger RNA levels for v-sis were induced by tension in intact but not denuded vessels.
(7) In both loci, similar unique genetic sequences were found upstream of the v-sis homologous region and these hybridized to a 4.2 kbp c-sis transcript in human lung tumor cells.
(8) First, we investigated the expression of c-sis protooncogenes within cultured human glioma cell lines and also fresh glioma specimens by using polymerase chain reaction.
(9) The v-sis gene encodes chain B of platelet-derived growth factor.
(10) However, in tissue adjacent to 5 different tumors, approximately the same level of c-sis mRNA was seen.
(11) c-sis mRNA levels diminished with increased time of infection.
(12) For example, platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) has been found in many normal tissues including the CNS, while minor changes in one of its forms (PDGF-B) converts it to the v-sis oncogene, capable of inducing sarcomas and astrocytomas in primates.
(13) SIS SVB was performed to a variety of vessel combinations using "Y" graft, continuous, or vein extension techniques achieving early patency in all limbs, despite pedal arch disease.
(14) Radiolabeled recombinant PDGF (c-sis) dissociated from Heparin-Sepharose within a concentration range of NaCl similar to that of RF I.
(15) increased cell size, reduced growth rate, megakaryocytic antigens, and expression of the sis proto-oncogene, the structural gene for the B-chain of platelet-derived growth factor.
(16) In human malignant mesothelioma cell lines elevated expression of the platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) beta-chain (c-sis) gene was previously reported, while normal mesothelial cells barely express this gene.
(17) The same temporal dissociation was observed when a recombinant v-sis product was used instead of porcine PDGF.
(18) Reduced function of runt results in female-specific lethality and sexual transformation of XX animals that are heterozygous for Sxl or sis loss-of-function mutations.
(19) Several specific related questions are addressed in this discussion: Is the protein encoded by the v-sis gene functionally identical to PDGF?
(20) This suggests that H-ras is less efficient in relieving the insulin requirement than is sis.