What's the difference between summarize and synopsize?
(v. t.) To comprise in, or reduce to, a summary; to present briefly.
(1) The results are analysed statistically and summarized in graphs.
(2) The history of tobacco production and marketing is sketched, and the literature on chronic diseases related to smoking is summarized for the Pacific region.
(3) The results may be summarized as follows: (1) The tendon tissues of the two main groups compared, differ structurally in several respects.
(4) Data summarizing stability experience over a long period of study will be presented.
(5) The results are summarized in Table I, indicating that the ratio of formation of the cis product (2) increases as a solvent becomes more polar.
(6) The properties of these tumour-associated "antigens" in the membrane of rat sarcomata are summarized below: [Table: see text]
(7) This review will briefly summarize some of the data on the activity-dependent components of these mechanisms and incorporate the data into a model for selective synapse stabilization of coactive synapses.
(8) In this chapter, synthesis of alkylating oligonucleotide derivatives is described in detail and the results of their application for modification of nucleic acids in vitro are summarized.
(9) This report summarizes 1989 infant mortality data based on information from death certificates compiled through the Vital Statistics System of CDC's National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) (1) and compares findings with those for 1988.
(10) The effects of glucocorticoids on eicosanoid synthesis are briefly summarized and issues that remained unresolved or controversial are described.
(11) To summarize this case, one should consider the possibility that excessive polytherapy induces seizures, particularly in patients with structural brain abnormalities such as heterotopic gray matter.
(12) The clinical findings ascribed to trisomy 1q and partial monosomy 9p are summarized and compared to this case.
(13) The committee's findings include that the attacks were not extensively planned by the perpetrators; the intelligence community did a good job of warning about the risk of an attack but a bad job of summarizing the attack when it happened; the state department screwed up by not beefing up security at the mission; nobody blocked any military response; and that the Obama administration was slow to produce a paper trail but was generally not a sinister actor in the episode.
(14) The analysis of the causes of hunger current in the 1970's can be summarized somewhat brutally as follows.
(15) After reviewing the main breast diseases that occur in the 20- to 35-year-old age group, we evaluated the accuracy of mammography in diagnosing malignancy, and attempted to summarize guidelines for breast imaging in young women, whose breasts are quite sensitive to radiation.
(16) Furthermore, the starting and ending sequences of paramyxoviruses were summarized.
(17) The physiological classification of cat retinal ganglion cells developed in this paper and the preceding one is summarized in a Table.10.
(18) The reaction sequence leading from EAC1-9 to ghosts can be summarized as follows: formula: (see text).
(19) This paper summarizes the mode of acquisition of resistance genes by these elements.
(20) Other manipulations that induce an appetite for NaCl in the F344 strain are summarized.
(1) The faculty did best when using the written word for lecture synopses.
(2) Synopses of several useful books that focus on chemical dependency are presented.
(3) The spontaneous changes and those noted after intravenous administration of ammonium chloride and of L. Dopa, shows that the signs of hepatic encephalopathy are not directly related to the reduction in energy metabolism and that this metabolic disorder does not depend on a blocking of the dopaminergic synopses.
(4) Thereby, we have made three synopses of interest for such a purpose.
(5) Some serious synopsizing of typical Batman mythos has gone down Barbara Gordon, AKA Batgirl, AKA Oracle, has been through almost as many alternate versions as the dark knight himself over the years.
(6) By figures and synopses in tabular form the author illustrates the electrophysiologic parameters of three different types of muscle fibers of 'slow fibers' of extraocular muscles that can with certainty be differentiated electrophysiologically.
(7) Included are synopses of the various medications, appliances, and adjunct therapies utilized, as well as brief descriptions of their effects.
(8) The following pages contain summaries and short statements on chronic pain providing further material for reflection and debate, namely: a) synopses of recent findings on: the physiology and biochemistry of pain; the contribution of psychoneuroimmunology; b) some views on a sociology of pain; c) analysis of various concepts and approaches which consider pain as: a symptom of disease a form of behaviour a psychosomatic reaction and a social learning process a communication phenomenon a symptom of disintegrated life a disruption in the integrity of the system a signal of broken unity a breach in the wholeness of the individual; d) a holistic approach in pain therapy; e) some unanswered questions.
(9) Several clinical synopses are presented to illustrate the common complexity of evaluation and treatment in presentations of pathologic impulsivity.
(10) *Subspecialty synopses are intended to present major clinical developments and innovations in diagnosis, treatment, surgical technique, and recent clinical research.
(11) Measurements with a control population of healthy subjects are synopsized.
(12) In addition to the metaanalysis, reviews or synopses of a preparation or a substance are also important, in which all available reports on a topic are taken into consideration for a summarizing medical assessment.
(13) Aids identified as potentially most helpful were, in descending order: pocket-sized synopses of protocols; computer generated, individualized prompts; the availability of a clinical trials specialist to explain the clinical trial to patients and assist in obtaining informed consent; the availability of a video tape which could be used to explain clinical trials to patients.
(14) More significantly, the Guardian published a letter of disagreement from a surgeon at Guy’s , dissociating the institution from my views, though the Guardian – true to form at the time – managed to obscure his argument by misprinting “synapses” as “synopses”!
(15) Synopses of each contributor's presentation are given, as well as specific recommendations for further research.
(16) Synopses of clinical trials on vaccines that have undergone clinical trials are presented.
(17) In an effort to persuade Parliament that a less drastic approach is preferable, embryologists are invited to submit to the editor of Nature synopses of their planned investigations, including a description of objectives, the reasons for expecting these to be attainable, the procedural approach to be followed, and an explanation of why the use of human embryos is necessary for the research.
(18) These are then filed in the clinical event file along with literature synopses that serve as guides in evaluating the incidents and determining proper therapy.
(19) Synopses were found to be judged citable by readers, but inaccurate procedures handled by secondary information producers (abstract journals) are a confounding factor.