(n.) One skilled of a use of the sword; a professor of the science of fencing; a fencer.
(1) Resorting to a series of Ted the swordsman scenes which may merely be the lurid fantasies of the heroine, director Christine Jeffs never makes it clear whether Hughes was a rampaging philanderer whose sexual conquests and general obliviousness to Plath's mounting depression led to her demise, or a man driven into other women's arms by his wife's chronic melancholy - perhaps the most time-honoured excuse of the inveterate tomcat - or both.
(2) James Debens emails: "Watching Spain v Chile reminded me of the Arab swordsman scene in Indiana Jones, with Chile as our bestubbled hero killing tiki-taka."
(3) And he's a spy and a great swordsman, and you get the feeling that if you put him into solitary confinement he would come out very much as he went in.
(4) And yet it is to a Japanese assassin, a stone-cold swordsman, that his two most recent collaborators compare him.
(n.) A man engaged or experienced in war, or in the military life; a soldier; a champion.
(1) And just a few games shy of making history, the Warriors blew a 17-point lead and fell to the Minnesota Timberwolves – another team that didn’t even come close to making the playoffs – after forcing the game into overtime.
(2) And the Warriors played big men Andrew Bogut and David Lee very little in this game (just one minute for Lee and a DNP for Bogut), preferring to let Tristan Thompson and Mozgov get points inside.
(3) An investigation is under way to find out what caused the explosion that wrecked the Warrior vehicle as it patrolled the border of Helmand and Kandahar in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday.
(4) Speaking outside Battlesbury barracks in Warminster, Wiltshire, Stenning said: "Barely 48 hours ago, we heard the terrible news that six soldiers from The 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment were declared missing, believed killed, after their Warrior armoured vehicle was caught in an explosion in southern Afghanistan.
(5) Critics of initiation say traditional leaders have failed to update their teachings from the times when the ritual was put in place to select and grade warriors.
(6) Man of Steel gets three stars from him, thanks largely to an opening section that "creates a plausible context for the introspection and self-doubt that dogs the adult version of [this] costumed warrior".
(7) It ranges from cold warriors to appeasers," said one of the European officials.
(8) And just as they are fighting today against equal marriage, warriors of the cloth battled with everything they had to keep it that way.
(9) 'Happy warrior' Ed Miliband leaves leaders' debate notes in dressing room Read more The Liberal Democrats and David Cameron have opted out of the BBC debate on 16 April leaving Miliband at risk of attacks from a triple alliance to his left, as well as Nigel Farage to his right.
(10) The local undertakers were pleased to discover the great Henty to be the man they had always imagined - a full-bearded giant, stern and wise, dressed like a warrior hero or - much the same thing - a Victorian gentleman with the whiff of gunpowder and the clash of sabres about him.
(11) In the context of what he called the "normalisation of war", Bacevich argued that unchallenged, expanding American military superiority encouraged the use of force, accustomed "the collective mindset of the officer corps" to ideas of dominance, glorified warfare and the warrior and advanced the concept of "the moral superiority of the soldier" over the civilian.
(12) Maybe it's the culture, I don't know, but in England you're warriors.
(13) On Wednesday, after the blast that destroyed their Warrior vehicle, which took the death toll of British troops in Afghanistan over the 400 mark, talk was dominated by why British soldiers were still in Afghanistan and when they would be pulled out.
(14) The Warriors were without starting center Andrew Bogut, forcing Kerr to start Draymond Green at center alongside Harrison Barnes and Brandon Rush.
(15) Dean, a consignment store worker from Sebastopol in northern California , said she hopes progressive voters in the state heed the Warriors’ catchphrase and not only cast their ballots for Sanders on Tuesday’s primary, but mobilize others to do the same.
(16) In the first series of Game of Thrones, he is shown serving a warrior king gone to seed and oppressed by serious marital problems.
(17) French secret agents, on the orders of the government, planted bombs on the Rainbow Warrior in a New Zealand harbour, killing one of the crew.
(18) Welcome to Calabria #gestapo#ss#army#military#guerilla#warrior.” “It was not my intention to offend anyone,” he inevitably added later.
(19) This makes it very easy for anyone to pick up a weapon and become a warrior – meaning that not all of those who do are necessarily as doctrinally pure as a group might want.
(20) A gruff intellectual alternately nicknamed “Mad Dog” and “the warrior monk,” Mattis is deeply respected in much of the foreign policy establishment, despite notably clashing with the Obama administration over his more hawkish views on Iran.