(definite article.) A word placed before nouns to limit or individualize their meaning.
(adv.) By that; by how much; by so much; on that account; -- used before comparatives; as, the longer we continue in sin, the more difficult it is to reform.
(pron.) Of thee, or belonging to thee; the more common form of thine, possessive case of thou; -- used always attributively, and chiefly in the solemn or grave style, and in poetry. Thine is used in the predicate; as, the knife is thine. See Thine.
(1) Flow cytofluorometric analysis of the strain distribution of the molecules defined by the mAb revealed that two of the antibodies (I-22 and III-5) were directed against nonpolymorphic determinants of Thy-1, whereas V-8 mAb reacted only with Thy-1.2+ lymphocytes.
(2) Thereafter, donor type cells expressed an intermediate Thy 1.2 brightness; this population then persisted and surpassed the other subsets.
(3) Another five clones having phenotype Thy-1+, Lyt-1+,2- did not show any cytotoxic activity.
(4) The Thy-1.2 antigen, expressed on the surface of the lymphoma parent but not the fibroblast parent, was not detected on the hybrids.
(5) In our studies of the 131I-labeled anti-Thy 1.1 antibody treatment of murine lymphoma we have used cell binding assays with a combination of Lineweaver-Burk analysis to determine immunoreactivity and Scatchard analysis to determine antibody avidity.
(6) By labeling Thy-1-positive cells of rats with xenoanti-Thy-1 or mouse alloanti-Thy-1 antibody and separating them from Thy-1-negative cells on a fluorescence-activated cell sorter, it was shown that early lymphopoietic stem cells all carry Thy-1-antigen.
(7) The bone marrow derivation of dThy-1+EC is now well established: dThy-1+EC carry Ly-5 determinants whose expression is restricted to cells of the hemopoietic differentiation pathway, and studies using Thy-1-disparate radiation bone marrow chimeras have revealed the presence of donor-type Thy-1+ cells within the epidermis; by immunoelectron microscopy, these cells represent dThy-1+EC.
(8) The acetone pellet was solubilized using deoxycholate (DOC) and Thy-1.1 was purified by use of a Lens culinaris lectin affinity column and an AcA-34 gel filtration column.
(9) This inhibition was neutralized by purified Thy-1 antigen.
(10) Percentages of IgM and IgG bearing B lymphocytes, Thy-1 bearing T lymphocytes as well as monocytes in mouse peripheral blood were determined in a total of 50 mice of 11 different strains.
(11) Concanavalin A (Con A) and Interleukin 2 (IL-2) stimulated Thy-1+ EC mediated non-MHC directed cytotoxicity preferentially against the NK-sensitive target, YAC-1 vs the NK-resistant target, P815; these cells also mediated antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC), indicating the presence of IgG-FcR on at least some of them.
(12) Assays of a limited number of tumors for the expression of the Thy 1.2 and IgM molecules confirmed the diversity in the cellular phenotype.
(13) On the other hand, the elimination of bacteria from the spleens of infected animals was inhibited only by the application of either anti-Thy-1.2 MAb or anti-Lyt-2 MAb.
(14) While Thy-1- NK cells suppress the antibody response in vitro by suppressing or eliminating DC, Thy-1+ NK cells do not suppress antibody responses in vitro.
(15) The thymine-requiring (thy) Escherichia coli strains normally convert thymine to thymidine through the action of thymidine phosphorylase, an enzyme, whose synthesis is directed by tpp gene of the deo operon.
(16) Here, we used a panel of thymoma mutants, which synthesize Thy-1 but cannot express it on the cell surface, to study the GPI biosynthetic pathway in mammalian cells.
(17) The cytotoxic activity of nude-LAK cells was greatly reduced by treatment with anti-Thy 1.2 antibody plus complement but not with anti-Ly 1.2 or Ly 2.2 antibody plus complement treatment.
(18) Conditions for continuous culture of Escherichia coli K-12 His- Thi- under glucose limitation were established.
(19) The results of cytotoxicity assay after treatment with antisera and complement indicated that the killer cells mainly consisted of Thy 1+, Lyt 1-2-, asialo GM1-T cells.
(20) We confirm here using monoclonal antibodies that T-sRFC are Thy-1+CD3+.