(1) These findings explain many differences in previous conflicting reports concerning the metabolic behavior of uric acid, and place future investigation thereof on a more promising basis in normal and abnormal pregnancy.
(2) Despite its similarity to proteasomal enzyme activity, protein analysis and immunoblotting experiments demonstrate that neither the intact proteasome nor subunits thereof are components of the '26 S' proteinase complex.
(3) GNM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards or any feature thereof with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected, or actual fraud).
(4) This report attempts to address the issue of the fetus' right to life and the legal aspects thereof according to the laws of different countries.
(5) The results are interpreted as showing that attention can be allocated to sensory modalities and that the implied selective process is concerned with modality "identification," though not in a way consistent with a channel-switching model thereof.
(6) The Gambian government has not officially confirmed reports but a statement issued late on Friday said: "All persons on death row have been tried by the Gambian courts of competent jurisdiction and thereof convicted and sentenced to death in accordance with the law.
(7) ApoB-100 contains 13 binding sites for heparin, a known inhibitor of T4 binding to the major T4 carrier plasma proteins; however, heparin failed to inhibit T4 binding to apoB-100 and fragments thereof.
(8) It seems expedient to carry out further screening of different reagents and combinations thereof capable of significantly increasing HIV virus reproduction in cell cultures which would serve as the antigen for diagnostic systems.
(9) The time course of the blood and bile lipids and the relationship thereof reflect the depression of cholesterol hydroxylation processes and reduction with age of cholic and deoxycholic acids synthesis and conjugation intensities in the patients with cholelithiasis, as well as a reduction of deoxycholic acid synthesis in normal subjects.
(10) The estimate of the regenerative potency of the thymus most adequately reflects the cellular events leading to regeneration thereof.
(11) This procedure should significantly reduce the late closure of bypass grafts and the complications thereof, including the need for reoperation.
(12) These results suggest that 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol, or a further metabolite thereof, is the metabolically active form of vitamin D in the intestine, that it functions by a process not involving transcription of DNA, and that the step sensitive to actinomycin D in the action of vitamin D on the intestine does not occur in the intestine, but is the conversion of 25-hydroxycholecalciferol to 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol in the kidney.
(13) The results indicated that cleavage of PTH or fragments thereof occurred at the 23-24, 27-28, and 33-34 peptide bonds.
(14) Whereof one cannot speak thereof we must pass over in silence and all that.
(15) Group 1 (seasonal effects) and group 2 (daily effects) comprise abiotic parameters and include daylength, temperature, relative humidity, and interactions thereof.
(16) About 80% was solubilized by micellar concentrations of Triton X-100 and sedimented as a tetrameric 10 S species in the presence of detergent but formed aggregates in the absence thereof.
(17) We conclude that there is no role for the beta-subunit in catalysis and that the alpha-peptide is organized as an alpha 2-dimer in the membrane with each alpha-subunit being able to perform complete catalytic cycles (and probably also active transport), provided that it is stabilized by an adjacent alpha-peptide or a sufficiently large fragment thereof.
(18) We also show that specific interactions between complementary CK polypeptides take place during the incubation steps of immunoblotting procedures as polypeptides, or fragments thereof, that detach from the substrate can bind to complementary polypeptides attached to the substratum, which may result in false assignments of antibody reactivities.
(19) A combination of cell bank characterization and product characterization (peptide mapping or amino acid sequencing, or a combination thereof) will also demonstrate the stability of the production process.
(20) When elevated, dAT binding, like KB binding, varied with disease activity and might thus be useful as a parameter thereof.
(adv.) At which place; where.
(conj.) Considering that; it being the case that; since; -- used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations, affirmations, commands, requests, or like, that follow.
(conj.) When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes; or implying recognition of facts, sometimes followed by a different statement, and sometimes by inferences or something consequent.
(1) This trend appeared to reverse itself in the low dose animals after 3 hr, whereas in the high dose group, cardiac output continued to decline.
(2) Patients with papillary carcinoma with a good cell-mediated immune response occurred with much lower infiltration of the tumor boundary with lymphocyte whereas the follicular carcinoma less cell-mediated immunity was associated with dense lymphocytic infiltration, suggesting the biological relevance of lymphocytic infiltration may be different for the two histologic variants.
(3) There was appreciable variation in toothbrush wear among subjects, some reducing their brush to a poor state in 2 weeks whereas with others the brush was rated as "good" after 10 weeks.
(4) The most actively proliferating region of the excurrent duct system is zone 3 of the epididymis, whereas the least active region is the ductuli efferentes.
(5) The newborn with critical AS typically presents with severe cardiac failure and the infant with moderate failure, whereas children may be asymptomatic.
(6) F(420) is photolabile aerobically in neutral and basic solutions, whereas the acid-stable chromophore is not photolabile under these conditions.
(7) Application of 40 microM NiCl2 reversibly blocked It while leaving Is intact, whereas 20 microM CdCl2 reversibly blocked Is, but not It.
(8) When micF was cloned into a high-copy-number plasmid it repressed ompF gene expression, whereas when cloned into a low-copy-number plasmid it did not.
(9) Ethanol and L-ethionine induce acute steatosis without necrosis, whereas azaserine, carbon tetrachloride, and D-galactosamine are known to produce steatosis with varying degrees of hepatic necrosis.
(10) Whereas strain Ga-1 was practically avirulent for mice, strain KL-1 produced death by 21 days in 50% of the mice inoculated.
(11) Eighty-two per cent of patients with falciparum malaria had recently returned from Africa whereas 82% with vivax malaria had visited Asia.
(12) The results indicate that OA-bearing macrophages primed T cells and generated helper T cells, whereas the culture of normal lymphocytes with soluble OA in the absence of macrophages generated suppressor T cells.
(13) After midazolam infusion, there was a 50% decrease in amplitude of P3 in response to target tones (P less than 0.006), whereas N3 latency increased by 40 ms (P less than 0.05).
(14) Maximal yields of lipid and aflatoxin were obtained with 30% glucose, whereas mold growth, expressed as dry weight, was maximal when the medium contained 10% glucose.
(15) Epidermal growth factor reduced plating efficiency by about 50% for A431 cells in different cell cycle phases whereas a slight increase in plating efficiency was seen for SiHa cells.
(16) Peak Expiratory Flow and Forced Expiratory Mean Flows in the ranges 0-25%, 25-50% and 50-75% of Forced Vital Capacity were significantly reduced in animals exposed to gasoline exhaust fumes, whereas the group exposed to ethanol exhaust fumes did not differ from the control group.
(17) When the eye was dissected into anterior uveal, scleral, and retinal complexes, prostaglandin D2 was formed in the highest degree in all the complexes, whereas prostaglandin E2 and F2 alpha formation was specific to given ocular regions.
(18) This mAb inhibited monocyte binding of both soluble FITC-labeled IgA and IgA-coated E, whereas it did not inhibit IgG binding.
(19) Chloroquine induced large cytoplasmic vacuoles, whereas the other drugs (quinacrine, 4,4'-diethylaminoethoxyhexestrol, chlorphentermine, iprindole, 1-chloro-amitriptyline, clomipramine) caused formation of lamellated or crystalloid inclusions as usually seen in drug-induced lipidosis.
(20) hypoglossal nucleus), whereas in other areas the angiotensinogen gene was expressed only in a certain population of glial cells.