(1) We have studied lepromatous leprosy (LL) as a human model disease for T-cell non-responsiveness to specific mycobacterial antigens and studied the effect of rIL-4, rIL-2, rIFN-gamma and rTNF-alpha thereon.
(2) Dendritic varicosities are most frequent during the first postnatal week, and decrease in number steadily from thereon.
(3) (4) The reason for the threshold in the light requirement and the reason for the effect of permeant ions thereon are both obscure.
(4) Applications of computerized databases to the "Chemist's Review" of drug applications are presented with emphasis on the critical topics addressed in the controls review process and the time limitations imposed thereon.
(5) Ammonia toxicity and the protective effect of arginine thereon were investigated in rats after single and repeated doses of galactosamine.
(6) As2O3 was inadvertently heated in a charcoal barbecue, and the meat cooked thereon was contaminated.
(7) In 1966 the NSD formula was published and from thereon was used to adjust the total dose based on the number of fractions.
(8) We suggest that the measurement of platelet aggregation during a standard insulin stress test may provide a means of evaluating platelet function in vivo and the influence of drugs thereon.
(9) This article sets out the provisions of S.2 (1)-(3) of the Homicide Act 1957 and the judicial interpretations placed thereon and relates the importance of this section to the offence of murder and considers the province of the expert in regard to the Act and the difficulties encountered when experts interpret the words 'disease' and 'injury'.
(10) Blood ACTH, cortisol and lipid levels, as well as complamin effects thereon, were studied in 116 elderly and old coronary patients.
(11) Some evaluated the clinical implications thereon for seating and loading crowns and measured wear against different ceramic surface conditions.
(12) The amount of urea is higher during the first 4 days after birth, and it decreases thereon as the brain develops.
(13) Acquisition processes of discrete lever-press (L-type) and shuttle (S-type) avoidance responses as well as effects of psychoactive drugs thereon were investigated in dd strain mice.
(14) The transient kinetics of Gpp(NH)p activation and the effects of glucagon thereon are discussed in terms of a three state model in which the guanine nucleotide induces the formation of an intermediate transition state that displays no increase in enzyme activity over the basal state and which slowly isomerizes to a high activity state of the adenylate cyclase system; glucagon acts by accelerating the rate of isomerization.
(15) On the other hand, the value of the pressure of liquor, when used in combination with the arterial systemic pressure, permits to roughly determine the cerebral perfusion pressure and build a suitable therapy thereon.
(16) Angulation of the transducer and manual pressure thereon distort sonographic findings.
(17) If adaptation occurred and proliferation began in vitro, either immediately or after a several days' lag phase, both the ECM-cultured cells as well as those which slowly had adapted to culture on plastic could be passed on to untreated culture ware and perpetuated thereon.
(18) The Roman historian Diodorus and other ancient historians gave graphic accounts of Carthaginian child sacrifice: "There was in their city a bronze image of Cronus, extending its hands, palms up and sloping towards the ground, so that each of the children when placed thereon rolled down and fell into a sort of gaping pit filled with fire."
(19) Glucose transport and metabolism, and the effect of insulin thereon, was studied using suspensions of rat renal tubules enriched in the proximal component.
(20) The effect of Russell's viper venom (RVV) on clot formation and lysis and the effect thereon of specific antivenom for Russell's viper venom, were studied in vitro.
(adv.) On which; -- used relatively; as, the earth whereon we live.
(adv.) On what; -- used interrogatively; as, whereon do we stand?
(1) With the patient in a supine position, the droplets could be positioned over the macula in the preretinal vitreous space, whereon the FTBA PO2 could be influenced by the preretinal oxygen concentration.
(2) The heart was the only one of all the internal organs whereon significant pathologic changes were observed during autopsy.