(1) Happiness psychosis, because of the ecstatic emotions associated therewith, often involves a direct drive to do artistic work.
(2) In vivo, they are only marginally effective in delaying MSV-induced tumor formation, and mortality associated therewith in newborn NMRI mice.
(3) This is accomplished by using the doctrine to enhance patients' education and understanding of their orthodontic problems, the benefits of corrective therapy, any risks associated therewith, and viable treatment alternatives.
(4) It is concluded that bTSH binds reversibly, saturably, and with relatively high affinity to receptors in rat testis that are either the same as receptors for hCG and LH or that interact therewith.
(5) Because of the relatively small stimulation of cardiac beta 1-receptors the side-effects related therewith are less pronounced than with other beta-mimetics.
(6) 4) Organized campaigns pointing out and returning the dignity and value of life and therewith the role of human sexuality are needed.
(7) Therewith the concentration of non-active hemoglobine derivatives dropped at the end of the preoperative management and treatment.
(8) Therewith, the differentiation by the pathologist between low-grade and high-grade malignancies is evidently clinically relevant.
(9) Possible objectives to be served by a multiple source cancer data acquistion program and some limitations associated therewith are presented.
(10) It was shown that benzodiazepines decrease the amount of L-tryptophan bound to serum albumin in vitro and in vivo and increased therewith the L-tryptophan concentration in the brain.
(11) It is also an effective inhibitor of phosphofructokinase but does not alter the cooperativity of the enzyme interaction with fructose 6-phosphate nor exhibit cooperativity in its own interaction therewith.
(12) The effect on normal soma cells and a therewith associated possible tumor-specific selectivity however, is contrarily described.
(13) The tests for mutagenicity were performed in vitro using assays both without metabolic activation and therewith, as well as with metabolic activation under in vivo conditions.
(14) SD may considerably reduce the number of circulating (antibiotic-resistant) strains in the ward and therewith significantly further reduce the chance of severe infection during periods of granulocytopenia.
(15) We conclude that pool size and input rate of deoxycholic acid can accurately be determined by blood sampling after oral administration of [24-13C]deoxycholic acid, therewith eliminating the use of radioactive tracers and the need for bile sampling.
(16) On the other hand, their submicroscopic features are strongly similar to those of the clear cell tumors found elsewhere in the female genital tract, emphasizing therewith their very probable müllerian origin.
(17) Therewith the various effects of cognitive, psychobiological, and situational factors on each other are of special significance.
(18) The obtained data are correlated with changes in the stomach mucous membrane occuring therewith.
(19) Therewith exists a stereotaxic atlas of the raccoon brain and one can realize exactly experimental investigations in the different brain structures.
(20) AzddDAPR causes a marked dose-dependent suppression of MSV-induced tumor formation and mortality therewith associated in newborn mice infected with MSV.
(adv.) At which place; where.
(conj.) Considering that; it being the case that; since; -- used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations, affirmations, commands, requests, or like, that follow.
(conj.) When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes; or implying recognition of facts, sometimes followed by a different statement, and sometimes by inferences or something consequent.
(1) This trend appeared to reverse itself in the low dose animals after 3 hr, whereas in the high dose group, cardiac output continued to decline.
(2) Patients with papillary carcinoma with a good cell-mediated immune response occurred with much lower infiltration of the tumor boundary with lymphocyte whereas the follicular carcinoma less cell-mediated immunity was associated with dense lymphocytic infiltration, suggesting the biological relevance of lymphocytic infiltration may be different for the two histologic variants.
(3) There was appreciable variation in toothbrush wear among subjects, some reducing their brush to a poor state in 2 weeks whereas with others the brush was rated as "good" after 10 weeks.
(4) The most actively proliferating region of the excurrent duct system is zone 3 of the epididymis, whereas the least active region is the ductuli efferentes.
(5) The newborn with critical AS typically presents with severe cardiac failure and the infant with moderate failure, whereas children may be asymptomatic.
(6) F(420) is photolabile aerobically in neutral and basic solutions, whereas the acid-stable chromophore is not photolabile under these conditions.
(7) Application of 40 microM NiCl2 reversibly blocked It while leaving Is intact, whereas 20 microM CdCl2 reversibly blocked Is, but not It.
(8) When micF was cloned into a high-copy-number plasmid it repressed ompF gene expression, whereas when cloned into a low-copy-number plasmid it did not.
(9) Ethanol and L-ethionine induce acute steatosis without necrosis, whereas azaserine, carbon tetrachloride, and D-galactosamine are known to produce steatosis with varying degrees of hepatic necrosis.
(10) Whereas strain Ga-1 was practically avirulent for mice, strain KL-1 produced death by 21 days in 50% of the mice inoculated.
(11) Eighty-two per cent of patients with falciparum malaria had recently returned from Africa whereas 82% with vivax malaria had visited Asia.
(12) The results indicate that OA-bearing macrophages primed T cells and generated helper T cells, whereas the culture of normal lymphocytes with soluble OA in the absence of macrophages generated suppressor T cells.
(13) After midazolam infusion, there was a 50% decrease in amplitude of P3 in response to target tones (P less than 0.006), whereas N3 latency increased by 40 ms (P less than 0.05).
(14) Maximal yields of lipid and aflatoxin were obtained with 30% glucose, whereas mold growth, expressed as dry weight, was maximal when the medium contained 10% glucose.
(15) Epidermal growth factor reduced plating efficiency by about 50% for A431 cells in different cell cycle phases whereas a slight increase in plating efficiency was seen for SiHa cells.
(16) Peak Expiratory Flow and Forced Expiratory Mean Flows in the ranges 0-25%, 25-50% and 50-75% of Forced Vital Capacity were significantly reduced in animals exposed to gasoline exhaust fumes, whereas the group exposed to ethanol exhaust fumes did not differ from the control group.
(17) When the eye was dissected into anterior uveal, scleral, and retinal complexes, prostaglandin D2 was formed in the highest degree in all the complexes, whereas prostaglandin E2 and F2 alpha formation was specific to given ocular regions.
(18) This mAb inhibited monocyte binding of both soluble FITC-labeled IgA and IgA-coated E, whereas it did not inhibit IgG binding.
(19) Chloroquine induced large cytoplasmic vacuoles, whereas the other drugs (quinacrine, 4,4'-diethylaminoethoxyhexestrol, chlorphentermine, iprindole, 1-chloro-amitriptyline, clomipramine) caused formation of lamellated or crystalloid inclusions as usually seen in drug-induced lipidosis.
(20) hypoglossal nucleus), whereas in other areas the angiotensinogen gene was expressed only in a certain population of glial cells.