(1) Simona Halep, poised and settled and throughly focused on the task in hand, breaks to love against her inexperienced opponent to lead 2-1 in the first set.
(2) On push-throughs, the pH recorded along the LES was the same as that of the esophageal body.
(3) On rapid pull-throughs, the intraluminal pH rose from about 1.5 to reach a value of about 2.5 at the peak of the high pressure zone.
(4) It also meant, in the weeks that followed, attending rehearsals, band calls and run-throughs of Lazarus and appearing on opening night, 7 December, to lend his support and encouragement to everyone involved.
(5) They throughly consider the etiopathogenesis of this late complication of arterial prothesic surgery, pointing out the different hypothesis currently discussed.
(6) Dosage of insulin in the study of various pathological conditions, such as obesity and diabetes, is throughly examined, also in order to point out its possible diagnostic limitations.
(7) As bad as theft is, there is a greater peril, which is what prompted video game developer Zoe Quinn to devise Coach , a series of walk-throughs to protect yourself online, and feminist activist Anita Sarkeesian to create her online safety guide .
(8) Continuation of throughly organized epidemiological studies in regions with excessive arsenic exposure of the population and standardization of an epidemiological approach to this problem on an international basis are recommended.
(9) In what are "run throughs" of what was going on the market, the brokers were found to have given a view to other banks that suited UBS's position.
(10) In this context adriamycin, diaminochloro-cisplatinum and VP 16-213 may be considered break-throughs in the field of therapeutic oncology.
(11) Obviously if he passed this law,” Marr said, “there’d be a lot more pass-throughs.” Additional reporting by David Smith in Washington
(12) If patients are are throughly evaluated with appropriate tests and highly selected for surgical treatment, gratifying relief will result in more than 90 per cent of patients, if the correct operation is performed with meticulous technic.
(13) Synthetic peptide IV-H1 overlapping sequence "walk throughs" indicate that the primary biological activity is localized in the GNPGWPGAP double beta-turn domain, which contains the backbone constraining proline residues.
(14) All 20 women who attended examination were throughly examined (ultrasound, HBeAg, HBeAb etc.)
(15) The 12 operations included five Swenson pull-throughs, five Duhamel procedures, one ERPT, and one subtotal colectomy.
(16) As usual, surgical "break-throughs" met with the resistance of medical men.
(17) All were throughly examined for evidence of oral disorders.
(18) In order to more throughly study mepartricin pharmacodynamic characteristics, 2 groups of 15 patients with BPH and coexistent lipid metabolism disorders were studied in conformity with a sequential experimental design during which also systemic-acting (procetofen) and endoluminal-acting (cholestyramine) fat-lowering drugs were tried.
(19) Businesses typically run as pass-throughs include hedge funds and other investment firms, medical and legal practices, lobbying firms and real estate enterprises.
(20) Without pass throughs the loss for all 3,939 Medicare patients in these 98 DRGs would have been $1,641,273.
(prep.) Quite through; from one extremity to the other of; also, every part of; as, to search throughout the house.
(adv.) In every part; as, the cloth was of a piece throughout.
(1) These studies led to the following conclusions: (a) all the prominent NHP which remain bound to DNA are also present in somewhat similar proportions in the saline-EDTA, Tris, and 0.35 M NaCl washes of nuclei; (b) a protein comigrating with actin is prominent in the first saline-EDTA wash of nuclei, but present as only a minor band in the subsequent washes and on washed chromatin; (c) the presence of nuclear matrix proteins in all the nuclear washes and cytosol indicates that these proteins are distributed throughout the cell; (d) a histone-binding protein (J2) analogous to the HMG1 protein of K. V. Shooter, G.H.
(2) This may be due to efficient replacement of Leu by Phe at CUC (and, probably, CUU) codons throughout the genome.
(3) Using multiple regression, a linear correlation was established between the cardiac index and the arterial-venous pH and PCO2 differences throughout shock and resuscitation (r2 = .91).
(4) Periodontal diseases are a collection of disorders that may affect patients throughout life.
(5) Neither the plasma prolactin level nor urinary excretion of aldosterone and ADHshowed any consistent change throughout the dive.
(6) Maximal aberration yields were observed for 2,4-diaminotoluene, 2,6-diaminotoluene and cytosine beta-D-arabinofuranoside from 17 to 21 h, eugenol from 15 to 21 h, cadmium sulfate from 15 to 24 h and 2-aminobiphenyl, from 17 to 24 h. For adriamycin at 1 microM, the % aberrant cells remained elevated throughout the period from 9 to 29 h, while small increases at 0.1 microM ADR were found only at 13 and at 25 h. For most chemicals the maximal aberration yield occurred at a different time for each concentration tested.
(7) Accuracy of discrimination of letters at various preselected distances was determined each session while Ortho-rater examinations were given periodically throughout training.
(8) Throughout the period of rehabilitation, the frequent changes of a patient's condition may require a process of ongoing evaluation and appropriate adjustments in the physical therapy program.
(9) The total content of both thyroid hormones in the oocytes increased throughout most of the ovarian cycle as the oocytes increased in size from less than 2 mg to approximately 6.5 mg by ovulation.
(10) A total of 1,268 patients admitted to hospital wards were kept under surveillance by one observer throughout their stay in hospital.
(11) Proliferating cells were abundant and scattered throughout the stratified epithelium before the appearance of villi.
(12) The second agent in contrast caused elevated cell and enzyme excretion, increasing throughout the period of administration.
(13) The results suggest that the response continued unabated throughout the duration of exposure to hypoxia.
(14) Throughout the entire cultivation cytidyl derivatives occurred in trace quantities.
(15) Both mothers had been sniffing regularly throughout their pregnancies.
(16) After an introductory training program, the students asked the patients arriving at the hospital out-patient clinic for permission to observe them throughout the attendance given.
(17) In general, enzyme activity was less susceptible to HA during the first week after birth than at later ages, some brain areas such as the hypothalamus showing significant alterations in some enzymes throughout development, and in all enzymes at adulthood.
(18) The region is distinctive in that the sequence is absent from the homologous domain of the erythroid alpha chain and diverges from the normal internal repeat structure observed throughout other spectrins.
(19) Peripheral blood leukocytes demonstrated cell-mediated immunity against melanoma antigens before and throughout the period of drainage, except for the immediate postoperative period.
(20) We conclude that once daily doxazosin provides smooth and effective blood pressure control throughout a 24 h post-dose period.