(1) In 14 patients with asymmetrical baseline VERs, hypercapnia caused improvement of symmetry in five, worsening in three, and no change in six.
(2) Ver or Nim iv induced significant reduction of MAP and CVR.
(3) There was no correlation between the degree of ventricular dilatation at term and the latency of the VER.
(4) VER study can be undertaken, without general anaesthesia, as from 3 to 4 years of age.
(5) Pattern-reversal VERs were studied during the visual impairment provoked by exercise in 2 patients with demyelinating optic neuritis.
(6) In addition, a grand average VER (GVVER) WAS CALCULATED FOR EACH STIMULUS CLASS BY AVERAGING THE INDIVIDUAL AVERAGE VER's.
(7) A case is presented in which intraoperative visual evoked response (VER) monitoring was employed during correction of orbital hypertelorism.
(8) In this study of 10 female and 2 male patients we carried out a retrospective analysis of the latencies and waveforms of their full field and half field VERs to pattern reversal stimulus.
(9) The usefulness of changes in salivary and vaginal electrical resistance (SER and VER) measurements for timing ovulation was evaluated in 15 cycles.
(10) An automated system for performing VER, ERG and EOG measurements has been developed and is now in clinical use.
(11) The present study was performed to determine whether VER's can provide indications of differences in responses to word stimuli presented in different parts of the visual field.
(12) By 2 months the VER and visual acuity had returned to normal.
(13) Recorded VER asymmetries seem to correlate with oculomotor disturbances.
(14) VER's were absent and all infants later became cortically blind.
(15) Her book is dedicated to the “Spirit of ver Hits” – what was that?
(16) Nicardipine (NIC), diltiazem (DIL) and verapamil (VER) had no effect on the rise in [Ca2+]i evoked by carbachol.
(17) Motion-reversal visual evoked responses (VERs) have remarkable waveform variability.
(18) The VER in 2 of these 3 patients showed slight prolongation in latency and waveform distortions.
(19) The addition of VER to VCR significantly decreased pulmonary tumor formation (14 versus 47 colonies; p = 0.05).
(20) Since atropine sulfate provided at least partial recovery of the VER following DFP without affecting AChE inhibition, an accumulation of acetylcholine (ACh) probably is involved in the initial visual loss.
(a.) Of or pertaining to the spring; appearing in the spring; as, vernal bloom.
(a.) Fig.: Belonging to youth, the spring of life.
(1) In contrast, the activities were lower in the affected eyes of patients with herpetic keratitis and vernal conjunctivitis than in the fellow normal eyes.
(2) 55 of the 76 patients had corneal involvement in the form of vernal keratitis or vernal ulcer.
(3) Both patients with vernal conjunctivitis and control subjects reacted to histamine with a dose-dependent conjunctival redness 2 to 5 minutes after ocular challenge.
(4) In the present study, we have used this brush for conjunctival scraping in 18 patients with vernal and allergic conjunctivitis, and 10 patients serving as controls.
(5) They emphasize: 1. the special frequency with the young person (between 20 and 30 years for allergic conjunctivitis, generally before 7 years for vernal conjunctivitis); 2. the importance of atopic ground; 3. the weak incidence of business; 4. the difficulty of diagnosis, because the monosensibilisations are uncommon; 5. the favourable result of treatment.
(6) The authors determined tryptase levels in unstimulated tears collected from the following groups of patients: (1) normal control, (2) nonallergic ocular inflammation, (3) asymptomatic seasonal allergic conjunctivitis, (4) symptomatic seasonal allergic conjunctivitis, (5) vernal conjunctivitis, and (6) contact lens-associated giant papillary conjunctivitis.
(7) Topical cyclosporine may, therefore, be considered an effective substitute for corticosteroids, with an excellent anti-inflammatory activity in patients with both corticosteroid-dependent and corticosteroid-resistant vernal keratoconjunctivitis.
(8) Cromolyn sodium was found to be significantly more effective than placebo in treating the signs and symptoms of vernal keratoconjunctivitis (VKC).
(9) When topically applied to the eye before allergen exposure, ocular sodium cromoglycate prevents many of the signs and symptoms associated with type I allergic reactions (which includes hayfever, acute allergic and chronic allergic conjunctivitis, and vernal keratoconjunctivitis) and giant papillary conjunctivitis.
(10) This 9-year-old boy had a three-year history of vernal keratoconjunctivitis.
(11) It is also of proven efficacy in the treatment of allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis and vernal keratoconjunctivitis.
(12) Female Suffolk sheep were pinealectomized around the vernal equinox to eliminate the major environmental input to the reproductive system (photoperiod) and then either isolated from, or maintained with, pineal-intact gonad-intact sheep.
(13) Seven out of 14 acrophases of cyclic indices occurred just before autumnal equinox and three before vernal equinox.
(14) The IgG was significantly lower in patients with vernal catarrh.
(15) At higher latitudes, where changes in daylength are pronounced, a steep increase in human conceptions coincides with the vernal equinox.
(16) With less than a week to go until the Sun crosses northwards over the equator at the vernal equinox, it is showing real signs of rebirth in another respect.
(17) Limbal and palpebral vernal keratoconjunctivitis (VKC) are usually considered to be different expressions of the same disease.
(18) A case of limbal vernal keratoconjunctivitis associated with a hypertrophic mass lesion measuring 8 X 5 X 3 mm is reported.
(19) It is concluded that testosterone and prolactin are the most important hormones involved in the control of vernal premigratory fattening.
(20) Moreover, ICT results are influenced by conjunctival diseases: compared to age-matched controls, there were more abnormal cytologies among patients with trachomatous inflammation (p = 0.025), conjunctivitis (p = 0.024) or Limbal Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis (p = 0.015).