(v. i.) Properly, a variant of the defective imperfect yode, but sometimes mistaken for a present. See the Note under Yede.
(n.) The time of the apparent revolution of the sun trough the ecliptic; the period occupied by the earth in making its revolution around the sun, called the astronomical year; also, a period more or less nearly agreeing with this, adopted by various nations as a measure of time, and called the civil year; as, the common lunar year of 354 days, still in use among the Mohammedans; the year of 360 days, etc. In common usage, the year consists of 365 days, and every fourth year (called bissextile, or leap year) of 366 days, a day being added to February on that year, on account of the excess above 365 days (see Bissextile).
(n.) The time in which any planet completes a revolution about the sun; as, the year of Jupiter or of Saturn.
(n.) Age, or old age; as, a man in years.
(1) Forty-nine patients (with 83 eyes showing signs of the disease) were followed up for between six months and 12 years.
(2) The percentage of people with less than 10 TU titers is under 5% after the age of 5 years up to 15 years; from 15 to 60 years there are no subjects with undetectable ASO titer and after this age the percentage is still under 5%.
(3) Thirty-two patients (10 male, 22 female; age 37-82 years) undergoing maintenance haemodialysis or haemofiltration were studied by means of Holter device capable of simultaneously analysing rhythm and ST-changes in three leads.
(4) These data indicate a steady improvement in laboratory performance over the last 10 years.
(5) Yet the Tory promise of fiscal rectitude prevailed in England Alexander had been in charge of Labour’s election strategy, but he could not strategise a victory over a 20-year-old Scottish nationalist who has not yet taken her finals.
(6) Sierra Leone is one of the three West Africa nations hit hard by an Ebola epidemic this year.
(7) Thirteen patients with bipolar affective illness who had received lithium therapy for 1-5 years were tested retrospectively for evidence of cortical dysfunction.
(8) Future Brown have connections in the fashion industry, last year soundtracking a surreal film for the brand Telfar.
(9) Chapter one Announcement of the Islamic Caliphate The announcement of the renewal of the caliphate in Iraq in the year 1427AH  was the arbiter between division and separation as well as the glory of the Muslims.
(10) Oculomotor paresis with cyclic spasms is a rare syndrome, usually noticeable at birth or developing during the first year of life.
(11) In contrast to previous reports, these tumours were more malignant than osteosarcomas and showed a five-year survival rate of only 4-2 per cent.
(12) The time of observation varied between 2 and 17 years.
(13) The previous year, he claimed £1,415 for two new sofas, made two separate claims of £230 and £108 for new bed linen, charged £86 for a new kettle and kitchen utensils and made two separate claims, of £65 and £186, for replacement glasses and crockery.
(14) The role of whole Mycobacteria, mycobacterial cell walls and waxes D as immunostimulants was well established many years ago.
(15) A 61-year-old man experienced four bouts of pancreatitis in 1 year.
(16) It involves creativity, understanding of art form and the ability to improvise in the highly complex environment of a care setting.” David Cameron has boosted dementia awareness but more needs to be done Read more She warns: “To effect a cultural change in dementia care requires a change of thinking … this approach is complex and intricate, and can change cultural attitudes by regarding the arts as central to everyday life of the care home.” Another participant, Mary*, a former teacher who had been bedridden for a year, read plays with the reminiscence arts practitioner.
(17) Children of smoking mothers had an 18.0 per cent cumulative incidence of post-infancy wheezing through 10 years of age, compared with 16.2 per cent among children of nonsmoking mothers (risk ratio 1.11, 95% CI: 1.02, 1.21).
(18) Michael Schumacher’s manager hopes F1 champion ‘will be here again one day’ Read more Last year, Red Bull were frustrated by Mercedes, Ferrari and Honda as they desperately looked for a new engine supplier.
(19) A diplomatic source said the killing appeared particularly unusual because of Farooq lack of recent political activity: "He was lying low in the past two years.
(20) Extensive studies during recent years have shown that the interaction between hormone and membrane-bound receptor can affect the receptor characteristics in at least two ways.