(prep.) In the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (one's person).
(prep.) Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout.
(prep.) Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity.
(prep.) In concern with; engaged in; intent on.
(prep.) On the point or verge of; going; in act of.
(prep.) Concerning; with regard to; on account of; touching.
(adv.) On all sides; around.
(adv.) In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside; as, a mile about, and a third of a mile across.
(adv.) Here and there; around; in one place and another.
(adv.) Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.; as, about as cold; about as high; -- also of quantity, number, time.
(adv.) To a reserved position; half round; in the opposite direction; on the opposite tack; as, to face about; to turn one's self about.
(adv.) In a near manner; not remotely; closely; intimately; almost.
(1) The only other evidence of Kopachi's existence is the primary school near the memorial.
(2) Induction of labor, based upon only (1) a finding of meconium in the amniocentesis group or (2) a positive test in the OCT group, was nearly three times more frequent in the amniocentesis group.
(3) Two small populations of GLY + neurons were observed outside of the named nuclei of the SOC; one was located dorsal to the LSO, near its dorsal hilus, and the other was identified near the medial pole of the LSO.
(4) However, when conjugated to an antigen-bearing cell, a "non-antigen bearing" cell was labeled near the cell interaction area.
(5) While it is true that Clinton’s favorability rating is languishing among all voters, her favorability among Democrats is as robust as Biden’s, at nearly 75% .
(6) Accidentally discovered nearly 40 years ago as the first true antidepressants, the MAOIs soon fell into disfavor due to concerns about toxicity and seemingly lesser efficacy compared with the newer tricyclic compounds.
(7) The decline in the frequency of serious complications was primarily due to a decrease in the proportion of patients with open fractures treated with plate osteosynthesis from nearly 50% to 19%.
(8) A more substantial decrease was found in Aberdeen and the larger towns near to Aberdeen than in the smaller towns further from the city.
(9) Comparative data for the fragments from RNAs 1, 2, and 3 show that they have nearly the same sequence as the RNA 4 fragment.
(10) A full-scale war is unlikely but there is clear concern in Seoul about the more realistic threat of a small-scale attack on the South Korean military or a group of islands near the countries' disputed maritime border in the Yellow Sea.
(11) Fractures which occur near the base of the dens have a low propensity to unite spontaneously.
(12) The M 13 specific DNA present in minicells isolated several hours after infection consists of single stranded viral DNA and double stranded replicative forms in nearly equal amounts.
(13) Simple cells that are nearly equally dominated by each eye always exhibit strong phase-specific interaction.
(14) According to the OFT, banks receive up to £3.5bn a year in unauthorised overdraft fees - nearly £10m a day.
(15) Liver bloodflow remained unchanged in AS dogs, but hepatic alanine uptake nearly tripled (p less than 0.01) and hepatic glucose production increased by 60% (p less than 0.05).
(16) In late May, more than 50 residents of Ust-Usa protested the effects of oil drilling and plans for a new oil well near the village.
(17) For consistent identification of the normal pancreas, preliminary longitudinal scanning at, or near, the mid-line and subsequent oblique scanning in the long axis are necessary prerequisites in delineating the anatomic outline of the pancreas.
(18) Despite the nearly anaerobic state of the ascites tumor fluid in vivo, cancer cells suspended in this fluid oxidized FFA at least as fast as they do in vitro under aerobic conditions.
(19) Pharmaceutical services were provided from a large tent near the hospital, which consisted of an emergency treatment facility, two operating rooms, and a small medical-surgical ward.
(20) The experimental conditions were nearly in vivo conditions.