(a.) Having resemblance or similitude; similar; without difference.
(adv.) In the same manner, form, or degree; in common; equally; as, we are all alike concerned in religion.
(1) Our campaign has been going for some time and each step in our progress has been hard won, by campaigners paid and volunteer alike.
(2) The agreement, hailed as a "landmark" deal and a breakthrough by politicians and the green lobby alike, came before a crucial EU summit opening in Brussels tomorrow at which 27 prime ministers and presidents are supposed to finalise an ambitious package to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 20% by 2020.
(3) Thanks to the groundbreaking technology and heavy investment of a new breed of entertainment retailers offering access services, we are witnessing a revolution in the entertainment industry, benefitting consumers, creators and content owners alike.” ERA acts as a forum for the physical and digital retail sectors of music, and represents over 90% of the of the UK’s entertainment retail market.
(4) The public and private sectors alike must do what is necessary to stop global warming," Gore told the Guardian.
(5) Now she’s a senior Aboriginal health worker and runs bush medicine clinics for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people alike, as well as running women’s programs to teach young women about things like safe sex, pregnancy and motherhood.
(6) CD rats were much less responsive to mPOA stimulation (spaced electrodes) than O-M rats, but the responses of both strains to tuberal stimulation were essentially alike.
(7) The unsuppressed and inappropriate renin secretion from the ischemic nephrons impairs renal function in ischemic and hyperfiltering nephrons alike, but in very different ways.
(8) Then those decisions themselves begin to change and such changes become part of a new market calculation for investors and politicians alike.
(9) Extensive research among the Afghan National Army – 68 focus groups – and US military personnel alike concluded: "One group sees the other as a bunch of violent, reckless, intrusive, arrogant, self-serving profane, infidel bullies hiding behind high technology; and the other group [the US soldiers] generally views the former as a bunch of cowardly, incompetent, obtuse, thieving, complacent, lazy, pot-smoking, treacherous, and murderous radicals.
(10) The proposal for a privacy objective drew broad support, from privacy advocates, private submitters, law enforcement and investigative agencies alike,” the committee said in its report.
(11) There are no differences in allele frequencies in 2L3 arrangements from any of the widely separated seven different populations; similarly the allele frequencies in the 2L arrangement are alike in all five widely separated populations studied.
(12) The article is also intended to act as a comprehensive guide for students, nurses, medical practitioners and specialists alike, to bring them up to date in new concepts in history taking, physical examination and the sexually explicit aspects of family planning.
(13) An inspiration to nurses and physicians alike, Marie touched thousands of lives before her retirement in 1981.
(14) Microscopic features of the 21 lesions were, however, not alike, thereby implying that such sarcoma-like lesions had derived from heterogeneous origins.
(15) Evaluation of abdominal pain in children poses a major challenge for the pediatrician and pediatric surgeon alike.
(16) The fires raced through burnt and unburnt areas alike, leaping roads and clearings.
(17) The expense associated with medical treatment and the availability of managed care systems (Health Maintenance Organizations and Preferred Provider Organizations, among others) have contributed to the increasing cost consciousness of patient and physician alike.
(18) Speaker after speaker this week – Chinese academics and international environmentalists alike – have highlighted the concrete steps that the world's biggest emitter is taking to reduce its footprint.
(19) Legislators, third parties, physicians, and patients alike have spent countless hours in recent years searching for a way to contain rising medical costs.
(20) Since previous studies with enteric coated naproxen tablets indicated a favourable side effect profile compared to plain tablets, the present data indicates that enteric coated formulations are not all alike, and should be studied individually.
(a.) Exactly corresponding; resembling in all respects; precisely like.
(a.) Nearly corresponding; resembling in many respects; somewhat like; having a general likeness.
(a.) Homogenous; uniform.
(n.) That which is similar to, or resembles, something else, as in quality, form, etc.
(1) Similar experimental manipulation has yielded in vitro lines established from avian B-cell lymphomas expressing elevated levels of c-myc or v-rel.
(2) The distribution and configuration of the experimental ruptures were similar to those usually noted as complications of human myocardial infarction.
(3) The antiarrhythmic activity similar to that of quinidine (with ca.
(4) It is concluded that during exposure to simulated microgravity early signs of osteoporosis occur in the tibial spongiosa and that changes in the spongy matter of tubular bones and vertebrae are similar and systemic.
(5) within 12 h of birth followed by similar injections every day for 10 consecutive days and then every second day for a further 8 weeks, with mycoplasma broth medium (tolerogen), to induce immune tolerance.
(6) Nutritionally rehabilitated animals had similar numbers of nucleoli to control rats.
(7) These studies led to the following conclusions: (a) all the prominent NHP which remain bound to DNA are also present in somewhat similar proportions in the saline-EDTA, Tris, and 0.35 M NaCl washes of nuclei; (b) a protein comigrating with actin is prominent in the first saline-EDTA wash of nuclei, but present as only a minor band in the subsequent washes and on washed chromatin; (c) the presence of nuclear matrix proteins in all the nuclear washes and cytosol indicates that these proteins are distributed throughout the cell; (d) a histone-binding protein (J2) analogous to the HMG1 protein of K. V. Shooter, G.H.
(8) As a consequence, similar response curves were obtained for urine specimens containing morphine or barbiturates.
(9) The 1989 results were compared with those of a similar survey performed in 1986.
(10) We similarly evaluated the ability of other phospholipids to form stable foam at various concentrations and ethanol volume fractions and found: bovine brain sphingomyelin greater than dipalmitoyl 3-sn-phosphatidylcholine greater than egg sphingomyelin greater than egg lecithin greater than phosphatidylglycerol.
(11) The prevalence of 24.4% among Mexican American men was similar to that among men from other ethnic backgrounds.
(12) Because cystine in medium was converted rapidly to cysteine and cysteinyl-NAC in the presence of NAC and given that cysteine has a higher affinity for uptake by EC than cystine, we conclude that the enhanced uptake of radioactivity was in the form of cysteine and at least part of the stimulatory effect of NAC on EC glutathione was due to a formation of cysteine by a mixed disulfide reaction of NAC with cystine similar to that previously reported for Chinese hamster ovarian cells (R. D. Issels et al.
(13) Microionophoretically applied excitatory amino acids induced firing of extracellularly recorded single units in a tissue slice preparation of the mouse cochlear nucleus, and the similarly applied antagonist 2-amino-5-phosphonovalerate (2APV) was demonstrated to be a selective N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist.
(14) Although Jeggo's Chinese hamster ovary cells were more responsive to mAMSA, novo still abrogated mAMSA toxicity in the mutant cells as well as in the parental Chinese hamster ovary cells 2,4-Dinitrophenol acted similarly to novo with respect to mAMSA killing, but neither compound reduced the ATP content of V79 cells.
(15) Methanosphaera stadtmanae reduces methanol to CH4 in a similar way as Methanosarcina barkeri.
(16) This study compared the non-invasive vascular profiles, coagulation tests, and rheological profiles of 46 consecutive cases of low-tension glaucoma with 69 similarly unselected cases of high-tension glaucoma and 47 age-matched controls.
(17) Similarly, doses of deferoxamine at the time of the study were not different.
(18) In the presence of insulin, a qualitatively similar pattern of increasing responses to albumin is observed; the enhancement of each response by insulin is, however, only slightly potentiated by higher albumin concentrations.
(19) The specific activities of extracts from cells grown under phototrophic and aerobic conditions were similar and not affected by the concentration of iron in the growth media.
(20) The thermoregulatory responses of this American marsupial were, in most aspects, similar to those of Australian marsupials.