- (superl.) Having the same, or nearly the same, appearance, qualities, or characteristics; resembling; similar to; similar; alike; -- often with in and the particulars of the resemblance; as, they are like each other in features, complexion, and many traits of character.
- (superl.) Equal, or nearly equal; as, fields of like extent.
- (superl.) Having probability; affording probability; probable; likely.
- (superl.) Inclined toward; disposed to; as, to feel like taking a walk.
- (n.) That which is equal or similar to another; the counterpart; an exact resemblance; a copy.
- (n.) A liking; a preference; inclination; -- usually in pl.; as, we all have likes and dislikes.
- (a.) In a manner like that of; in a manner similar to; as, do not act like him.
- (a.) In a like or similar manner.
- (a.) Likely; probably.
- (a.) To suit; to please; to be agreeable to.
- (a.) To be pleased with in a moderate degree; to approve; to take satisfaction in; to enjoy.
- (a.) To liken; to compare.
- (v. i.) To be pleased; to choose.
- (v. i.) To have an appearance or expression; to look; to seem to be (in a specified condition).
- (v. i.) To come near; to avoid with difficulty; to escape narrowly; as, he liked to have been too late. Cf. Had like, under Like, a.
Compare like with other words:
like vs. loke
lige vs. like
like vs. lire
glike vs. like
finish vs. like
like vs. ylike
like vs. tike
like vs. liken
like vs. that
like vs. right
like vs. sike
like vs. lonely
like vs. select
lack vs. like
like vs. wike
hike vs. like
like vs. lime
like vs. pike
like vs. luke
fike vs. like
like vs. willing
lice vs. like