(a. & pron.) One indifferently, out of an indefinite number; one indefinitely, whosoever or whatsoever it may be.
(a. & pron.) Some, of whatever kind, quantity, or number; as, are there any witnesses present? are there any other houses like it?
(adv.) To any extent; in any degree; at all.
(n.) A retinue of servants; a household.
(a. / pron.) Consisting of a great number; numerous; not few.
(a.) The populace; the common people; the majority of people, or of a community.
(a.) A large or considerable number.
(1) The findings indicate that there is still a significant incongruence between the value structure of most family practice units and that of their institutions but that many family practice units are beginning to achieve parity of promotion and tenure with other departments in their institutions.
(2) The predicted non-Lorentzian line shapes and widths were found to be in good agreement with experimental results, indicating that the local orientational order (called "packing" by many workers) in the bilayers of small vesicles and in multilamellar membranes is substantially the same.
(3) They’re no crack force either; many are rather portly!
(4) In early 2000, during the first months of Vladimir Putin’s presidency, Babitsky was kidnapped by Russian forces and disappeared for many weeks.
(5) The role of whole Mycobacteria, mycobacterial cell walls and waxes D as immunostimulants was well established many years ago.
(6) To be fair to lads who find themselves just a bus ride from Auschwitz, a visit to the camp is now considered by many tourists to be a Holocaust "bucket list item", up there with the Anne Frank museum, where Justin Bieber recently delivered this compliment : "Anne was a great girl.
(7) It is likely that trunk mobility is necessary to maintain integrity of SI joint and that absence of such mobility compromises SI joint structure in many paraplegics.
(8) The performance characteristics of the CCD are well documented and understood, having been quantified by many experimenters, especially in the physical sciences.
(9) Because many wnt genes are also expressed in the lung, we have examined whether the wnt family member wnt-2 (irp) plays a role in lung development.
(10) After a discussion of the therapeutic relationship, several coping strategies which have been used successfully by many women are described and therapeutic applications are offered.
(11) But the sports minister has been clear that too many sports bodies are currently not delivering in bringing new people from all backgrounds to their sport.
(12) In many cases, physicians seek to protect themselves from involvement with these difficult, highly anxious patients by making a referral to a psychiatrist.
(13) Meanwhile, reductions in tax allowances on dividends for company shareholders from £5,000 down to £2,000 represent another dent to the incomes of many business owners.
(14) We are pursuing legal action because there are still so many unanswered questions about the viability of Shenhua’s proposed koala plan and it seems at this point the plan does not guarantee the survival of the estimated 262 koalas currently living where Shenhua wants to put its mine,” said Ranclaud.
(15) The evidence suggests that by the age of 15 years many adolescents show a reliable level of competence in metacognitive understanding of decision-making, creative problem-solving, correctness of choice, and commitment to a course of action.
(16) According to some reports as many as 30 people were killed in the explosion, although that figure could not be independently confirmed.
(17) Many problems at the macroscopic level require clarification of how an animal uses a compartment of suite of muscles and whether morphological differences reflect functional ones.
(18) In order to determine the extent of this similarity, I have developed a panel of probes for many of the Pacl restriction fragments and have shown that most of the Pacl and Notl fragments found in MBa are also present in MBb.
(19) Formerly, many patients in this category were considered either inoperable or candidates for total or partial nephrectomy.
(20) A re-examination of the literature indicates that many phagocytes previously unidentified or considered to be microglial cells are probably beta astrocytes.