(a. & pron.) One indifferently, out of an indefinite number; one indefinitely, whosoever or whatsoever it may be.
(a. & pron.) Some, of whatever kind, quantity, or number; as, are there any witnesses present? are there any other houses like it?
(adv.) To any extent; in any degree; at all.
(pron.) Anything soever which; the thing or things of any kind; being this or that; of one nature or another; one thing or another; anything that may be; all that; the whole that; all particulars that; -- used both substantively and adjectively.
(1) The measure destroyed the Justice Department’s plans to prosecute whatever Guantánamo detainees it could in federal courts.
(2) But whatever they invested in me, they got in return 10, 20 times more.
(3) Evidence of the industrial panic surfaced at Digital Britain when Sly Bailey, the chief executive of Trinity Mirror, suggested that national newspaper websites that chased big online audiences have "devalued news" , whatever that might mean.
(4) And this has opened up a loophole for businesses to be morally bankrupt, ignoring the obligations to its workforce because no legal conduct has been established.” Whatever the outcome of the pending lawsuits, it’s unlikely that just one model will work for everybody.
(5) Hemophilia type A or B is due to deficiency in factor VIII C or IX C, but whatever the type and whether the affection is severe or attenuated the risk of hemorrhage after surgery is identical.
(6) An integrated approach to the surgical management of diffuse subaortic stenosis has been designed to provide adequate relief of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction whatever the anatomical features encountered at operation.
(7) Tony Abbott urges Europe to adopt Australian policies in refugee crisis Read more Given that Obama – whatever one’s views on his strategy – is not advocating a bigger military contribution, the only difference is that Abbott is “urging” the US and others to do more, which sounds resolute, and Turnbull says he would consider any request if it was made.
(8) Whatever else Scott is about, Waverley ends with a vision of Britishness and a British union.
(9) EEG arousal diminished as a function of distance, while arousal for direct gaze was always higher than for averted gaze, whatever the distance.
(10) Whatever the level of the fine, the judge's remarks are damning."
(11) But Zambelis added: "Whatever rebel government emerges, China already has a place in the country business-wise.
(12) We simply do whatever nature needs and will work with anyone that wants to help wildlife.” His views might come as a surprise to some of the RSPB’s 1.1 million members, who would have been persuaded by its original pledge “to discourage the wanton destruction of birds”; they would equally have been a surprise to the RSPB’s detractors in the shooting world.
(13) Whatever their other faults, most Republicans running for office this year do not share Trump’s unwillingness to condemn the Ku Klux Klan.
(14) Reading these latest statistics, it’s crucial that our generation – millennials, Gen Y, whatever we want to call ourselves – abandons this preposterous narrative.
(15) Referents (n = 1165) were chosen from subjects who had no such leave, whatever the medical reason, and were matched to cases by the incidence density sampling method.
(16) During the night the Government has to do whatever it takes to re-include those amendments – on which they will attach a vote of confidence – otherwise Italians will see their taxes increase again without important compensatory measures being passed.
(17) Lack of transparency about the nature of the relationship between police and media also led to speculation and perceptions, whatever the facts, that caused "serious harm".
(18) Whatever the lesion, all the rats succeeded in learning the task but some differences appeared in comparison with intact and sham-operated rats.
(19) A patient with marked perceptual difficulties but no difficulty whatever in recognizing faces was tested as a control.
(20) Uncomfortable questions, which require an answer, whatever the result of the AV vote.