(adv. & conj.) Denoting equality or likeness in kind, degree, or manner; like; similar to; in the same manner with or in which; in accordance with; in proportion to; to the extent or degree in which or to which; equally; no less than; as, ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil; you will reap as you sow; do as you are bidden.
(adv. & conj.) In the idea, character, or condition of, -- limiting the view to certain attributes or relations; as, virtue considered as virtue; this actor will appear as Hamlet.
(adv. & conj.) While; during or at the same time that; when; as, he trembled as he spoke.
(adv. & conj.) Because; since; it being the case that.
(adv. & conj.) Expressing concession. (Often approaching though in meaning).
(adv. & conj.) That, introducing or expressing a result or consequence, after the correlatives so and such.
(adv. & conj.) As if; as though.
(adv. & conj.) For instance; by way of example; thus; -- used to introduce illustrative phrases, sentences, or citations.
(adv. & conj.) Than.
(adv. & conj.) Expressing a wish.
(n.) An ace.
(n.) A Roman weight, answering to the libra or pound, equal to nearly eleven ounces Troy weight. It was divided into twelve ounces.
(n.) A Roman copper coin, originally of a pound weight (12 oz.); but reduced, after the first Punic war, to two ounces; in the second Punic war, to one ounce; and afterwards to half an ounce.
(adv.) In an equal manner or degree in equal shares or proportion; with equal and impartial justice; without difference; alike; evenly; justly; as, equally taxed, furnished, etc.
(1) The angiographic appearances are highly characteristic and equal in value to a histological diagnosis.
(2) We conclude that first-transit and blood-pool techniques are equally accurate methods for determining EF when the time-activity method of analysis is employed.
(3) But everyone in a nation should have the equal right to sing or not sing.
(4) In patients with coronary artery disease, electrocardiographic signs of left atrial enlargement (LAE-negative P wave deflection greater than or equal to 1 mm2 in lead V1) are associated with increased left ventricular end diastolic pressure (LVEDP).
(5) These same molecules may be equally responsible for the pathologic characteristics of the immune response seen, for example, in inflammatory bowel diseases.
(6) A NYHA-class greater than II was observed in 18% of patients with type-I hypertrophy, in 29% with type II, but in 61% with type III (p less than or equal to 0.05).
(7) The effect of S-adenosylhomocysteine on DNA methylation was examined, and it was found at equal molar concentrations of S-adenosylhomocysteine to to S-adenosylmethionine that DNA methylation was competitively inhibited 50%.
(8) All five individuals appeared to have acute C. pneumoniae infection as determined by results of serologic tests (titers of IgM antibody for all individuals were greater than or equal to 1:16).
(9) Gross brain atrophy was slight and equal in both groups.
(10) The amount of water, creatinine, electrolytes, proteins, and enzymes were higher during the day (up to three fold, p always less than 0.05), while equal amounts of amino acids were excreted in the day and the night period.
(11) The M 13 specific DNA present in minicells isolated several hours after infection consists of single stranded viral DNA and double stranded replicative forms in nearly equal amounts.
(12) Simple cells that are nearly equally dominated by each eye always exhibit strong phase-specific interaction.
(13) At sufficiently high field intensities, the reaction may approach a value equal to that of the free enzyme system.
(14) lengths with the subjects equally divided into these four groups: distributed trials, distributed sessions; distributed trials, massed sessions; massed trials, distributed sessions; and massed trials, massed sessions.
(15) When cultures were pulse labeled for 15 min and then incubated under chase conditions for 105 min, the amount of degraded collagen attained a value equal to approximately 20% of the amount synthesized during the labeling period; the data were fit with a simple exponential function that had a 40-min rise time and a 12-min lag time.
(16) Adverse outcomes were reported more frequently by consultant physicians, by those who 'titrated' the intravenous sedative, and by those who used an additional intravenous agent, but were reported equally frequently by endoscopists using midazolam and endoscopists using diazepam.
(17) For obstruction of greater than or equal to 50% of the pulmonary vascular cross-sectional area and pulmonary hypertension thrombolytic therapy should be given and insertion of an inferior caval filter can be considered.
(18) Johnson and Campion are optimistic that marriage equality will win out, and soon.
(19) In 0.17 M Na+(aq), tRNA(Phe) exists in its native conformation and the number of strong binding sites (Ka greater than or equal to 10(4)) was estimated to be 3-4 by titration experiments, in agreement with X-ray structural data for crystalline tRNA(Phe) (Jack et al., 1977).
(20) It is commonly assumed that the visual resolution limit must be equal to or less than the Nyquist frequency of the cone mosaic.