(a.) A place for children's dolls and dolls' furniture.
(n.) A child's puppet; a toy baby for a little girl.
(1) Russia Facebook Twitter Pinterest Russian dolls in the likeness of Russia’s President Vladimir Putin and the US president-elect, Donald Trump.
(2) It is still weird that "arts and crafts" is in the same category as dolls.
(3) The authors argue for the use of structured interview techniques with use of the anatomical dolls and the collection of normative comparison data relative to the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse.
(4) This judgement is particularly significant for the UK as it was the testimony of two leading experts, Professor Nicholas J. Wald and Sir Richard Doll, whose evidence helped convince the Judge about the harmful health effects of passive smoke.
(5) Although she's been performing since 2000 – in the punk-cabaret duo the Dresden Dolls , in a controversial conjoined-twin mime act called Evelyn Evelyn (they wear a specially constructed two-person dress and have been castigated by disability groups for presenting conjoined twins as circus freaks, an accusation she denies) – in her new band, Amanda Palmer And The Grand Theft Orchestra , she's suddenly become a kind of phenomenon.
(6) Natasha Walter, the feminist author, was struck by the supportive atmosphere of Mumsnet when she was writing Living Dolls: the Return of Sexism , a few years ago.
(7) These dolls can be used by trained professionals to help make conclusions about a child's background.
(8) So many young female tennis players look like dolls, the confusion of woman with (sex) doll is almost natural for the broadcaster swimming in the miasma of his own idiocy.
(9) This is a coded attack on the sexy, grownup images that surround dolls such as Barbie and Bratz.
(10) It was found that the maternity instinct is inborn but it starts to show only during the second year of life and is manifested in the form of playing with dolls and reaches its peak at the age of 3-5 years.
(11) The Makie dolls are another example of commercial production, Rowley points out.
(12) All the usual suspects are making an appearance, including mice on their mice organ, Gabriel the toad, Madeleine the rag doll and Professor Yaffle.
(13) Doll immediately gave up his own five cigarettes a day habit.
(14) Each doll can be customised according to skin tone, eye colour and hair colour to look like its owner.
(15) "Selling this doll is highly offensive to our ancestors and the African-American community," Rev KW Tulloss, NAC's president in Los Angeles, told the New York Daily News.
(16) Both groups did not differ from each other in respect to frequency of tomboyish behavior or interest in doll play and other aspects of materanl rehearsal.
(17) Principally, there was the legal conflict with actor James Woods, who in 1988 accused her of exotic harassments including leaving a disfigured doll outside his home in Beverly Hills.
(18) Another man in a pirate hat covered in voodoo dolls approached the screen, placing a live rooster on the stage as if offering it to the football gods.
(19) A giant inflatable doll with the face of Shaker Aamer , the last British resident held at Guantánamo who returned to the UK last October after 14 years’ incarceration, was displayed not far from the White House fence and front lawn.
(20) 33 children were asked to identify from an array of pictures the one which best represented a doll's view of the stimulus display.