(v. i.) To gather matter; to swell and come to a head, as a pimple.
(1) Meanwhile Bradley Beal has developed into a dangerous second option and complementary sidekick in exactly the same way that Dion Waiters hasn't for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
(2) Beale said: "Our performance has been substantially affected by the low interest rate environment and the dramatic fall in commercial property valuations, which have led to compression in our margin and a sustained higher level of impairments in line with our experience during the second half of last year."
(3) Congenital contractural arachnodactyly (CCA) was described by Beals and Hecht as an autosomal dominant disorder distinct from Marfan syndrome and comprising joint contractures, arachnodactyly, scoliosis, and a distinct "crumpled ear" deformity.
(4) It has been made by in-house agency ITV Creative by producers Laurie Smith, Kirsty Beale and Grant Hawksworth.
(5) Eight members of a 3-generation kindred of Indian descent with congenital contractural arachnodactyly (Beals syndrome) have been appraised.
(6) The issue has refused to go away despite Livingstone insisting he used the company to pay three other people, including his wife, Emma Beal.
(7) We feel comfortable in barbershops to have an opinion,” Beale said.
(8) For Beale – known as “Woody” to his friends – the barbershop trip is not just a quick in-and-out appointment.
(9) Nightlife Beale Street is "home of the blues" with bars, clubs and live music nightly.
(10) Paul Dacre was the unanimous choice," said the code committee secretary, Ian Beales.
(11) Duerward Beale goes to his local barbershop in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania, two or three times a month.
(12) The Synechocystis 6803 amino acid sequence shows significant similarity upon alignment with HemA sequences from E. coli, Bacillus subtilis, Salmonella typhimurium, and Chlorobium vibrioforme but does not contain the amino acid sequence derived from the N terminus of the previously purified GluTR protein (Rieble, S., and Beale, S. I.
(13) The Wizards appeared to have fixed their home-court demons when Bradley Beal stole a rebound then hit a 3-pointer at the other end to put the Wizards up 74-73 with 8½ minutes to play.
(14) Leading actor Winner: Ben Whishaw – Richard II (The Hollow Crown) Derek Jacobi – Last Tango In Halifax Sean Bean – Accused (Tracie's Story) Toby Jones – The Girl Leading actress Winner: Sheridan Smith – Mrs Biggs Anne Reid – Last Tango In Halifax Rebecca Hall – Parade's End Sienna Miller – The Girl Supporting actor Winner: Simon Russell Beale – Henry IV Part 2 (The Hollow Crown) Peter Capaldi – The Hour Stephen Graham – Accused (Tracie's Story) Harry Lloyd – The Fear Supporting actress Winner: Olivia Colman – Accused (Mo's Story) Anastasia Hille – The Fear Imelda Staunton – The Girl Sarah Lancashire – Last Tango In Halifax Performance in an entertainment programme Winner: Alan Carr for Alan Carr: Chatty Man Graham Norton for The Graham Norton Show Ant and Dec for I'm a Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here!
(15) I mention something that the actor Simon Russell Beale once said to me, that all performers are trying to please either their mother or their father.
(16) To tackle these issues, Beale wants to recruit and train barbers to help cut through some of the mistrust.
(17) Beale explained that because it took time to set up a new company and many commercial insurance policies were renewed at the start of January, Lloyd’s had to act now to ensure its Brussels subsidiary was up and running by the middle of next year.
(18) "We're already there and offering these loans," said Beale.
(19) Anne-Marie Duff taking on one of the biggest roles in American playwriting, a long-awaited musical by Tori Amos and a gala night celebrating the theatre's history are all on the menu for the National Theatre's 50th anniversary year – not to mention the prospect of Sam Mendes returning to the stage to direct Simon Russell Beale in King Lear early in 2014.
(20) WSTA chief executive Miles Beale said: “There are many reasons why people may not feel like celebrating 2016 but the WSTA are pleased to give you something happy to reflect on – 2016 can now be remembered as the ‘Great British Gin Take Off’.” According to the WSTA, the next fastest growing category was sparkling wine including champagne which rose 12%, ahead of beer which rose 2% and wine which fell by 1%.
(n.) Any large piece of timber or iron long in proportion to its thickness, and prepared for use.
(n.) One of the principal horizontal timbers of a building or ship.
(n.) The width of a vessel; as, one vessel is said to have more beam than another.
(n.) The bar of a balance, from the ends of which the scales are suspended.
(n.) The principal stem or horn of a stag or other deer, which bears the antlers, or branches.
(n.) The pole of a carriage.
(n.) A cylinder of wood, making part of a loom, on which weavers wind the warp before weaving; also, the cylinder on which the cloth is rolled, as it is woven; one being called the fore beam, the other the back beam.
(n.) The straight part or shank of an anchor.
(n.) The main part of a plow, to which the handles and colter are secured, and to the end of which are attached the oxen or horses that draw it.
(n.) A heavy iron lever having an oscillating motion on a central axis, one end of which is connected with the piston rod from which it receives motion, and the other with the crank of the wheel shaft; -- called also working beam or walking beam.
(n.) A ray or collection of parallel rays emitted from the sun or other luminous body; as, a beam of light, or of heat.
(n.) Fig.: A ray; a gleam; as, a beam of comfort.
(n.) One of the long feathers in the wing of a hawk; -- called also beam feather.
(v. t.) To send forth; to emit; -- followed ordinarily by forth; as, to beam forth light.
(v. i.) To emit beams of light.
(1) An argon laser beam was used to irradiate the round window in 17 guinea pigs.
(2) Streaming is shown to occur in water in the focused beams produced by a number of medical pulse-echo devices.
(3) 11 patients with a postoperative classification of stage D had additional external beam radiation to the pelvic and paraaortic lymph nodes with shielding of the implanted prostatic region.
(4) The data collection scheme for the scanner uses multiple rotations of a linearly shifted, asymmetric fan beam permitting user-defined variable resolution.
(5) The scatter measurement was made using a standard imaging geometry with both beam stops and an additional x-ray detector placed behind the standard imaging detector.
(6) In an effort to decrease the treatment time for this technique, the flattening filter has been removed from an AECL Therac-6 linear accelerator and the characteristics of the resulting beam have been measured.
(7) Comparative clinical studies on temporomandibular joints (TMJ) between the LEGP and fan beam collimators also confirm the superior image quality obtained with the fan beam collimator.
(8) The special advantage of the UV-beam is that it allow to inactivate selectively of the particular elements of nuclear apparatus of living ciliates is to observe consequences of operation on distant descendants of irradiated cell.
(9) Three-five days after endoscopic laser destruction long-distance open-field gamma-beam therapy was administered to 10 patients and polychemotherapy to 9 of these.
(10) Guidelines for external beam treatment have been set forth in the ASTRO Newsletter.
(11) In work to determine whether X-radiation could be used to induce tumors of the colon in outbred Holtzman rats, a technique was devised so that only the descending colon could be irradiated with a collimated X-ray beam and tumorigenic exposures in the kilo-Roentgen range were delivered.
(12) Nevertheless some technical variations are required, to maintain the typical homogeneity of photon beams.
(13) The RBEs of fast neutron, thermal neutron beams, and neutron capture therapy relative to 60Co gamma-ray were calculated as 2.78, 4.18, and 6.15 at 0.1 surviving fraction, respectively.
(14) Some patients received postoperative external beam irradiation (2000 cGy whole pelvis and an additional 3000 cGy to the parametria, with a midline stepwedge) when deep myometrial invasion was present.
(15) Between 1981 and 1985, 20 patients with malignancy-associated ureteral obstruction (MAUO) were given external beam irradiation with a palliative intent.
(16) Finally, the question of oncogenic effects raised with 193 nm laser beams does not seem to apply to the 308 nm wavelength.
(17) Hence the laser beam acts as a fixation target and measuring beam.
(18) Electron beam therapy is usually employed for the treatment of tumours located at or near the surface of the body, because the electron beam gives a high dose near the surface, but falls off rapidly with increasing depth beyond the level of the 80% depth dose.
(19) By embedding the biopsy in the acrylic resin LR White, unsupported sections of which are stable in the electron beam, light and electron microscopy and immunocytochemistry become feasible on sections from the same block.
(20) Real 60Co beams contain lower energy components; in addition, Awall is defined differently by different authors.