(1) It happens to anyone and everyone and this has been an 11-year battle.” Emergency services were called to the oval about 6.30pm to treat Luke for head injuries, but were unable to revive him.
(2) Part of his initial lump sum will be donated to a fund to replace a hall destroyed by fire in an arson attack four years ago at St Luke’s Church in Newton Poppleford.
(3) She described Luke as being “open, honest and assertive” during the interview.
(4) We have to improve our playing style and beat our opponents more easily.” Van Gaal was also careful to provide an exact statement on the England full-back Luke Shaw, who suffered an ankle injury against Arsenal.
(5) Ervin Santana is in Atlanta, meaning the rotation is thinner and with reliever Luke Hochevar is out with Tommy John surgery , that’s not a great start.
(6) When I decided Baines might be my No1, I decided the next one would be Luke Shaw.
(7) Other high-profile absentees include Danny Welbeck, Jack Wilshere, Luke Shaw and Jordan Henderson.
(8) Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert and Dejan Lovren have all moved to Liverpool while Luke Shaw has signed for Manchester United and Arsenal have taken Calum Chambers to the Emirates Stadium, with Southampton raking in more than £88m for the combined deals.
(9) The head of the New South Wales taxi council has lashed out at Labor leader Luke Foley’s support for Uber, likening the system to “WorkChoices on steroids”.
(10) The pathologic and clinical significance of the modified Lukes and Collins classification is discussed.
(11) But it also succeeded by elevating the likes of Luke Skywalker and Han Solo to the kind of status usually reserved for totemic superheroes such as Batman, Superman and Spider-Man, characters destined to be wheeled out time and time again in different big screen iterations.
(12) Advocates for victims of domestic violence say they hope the inquest into the death of 11-year-old Luke Batty, who was assaulted and killed by his father, will identify the systemic failures that led to his death and expose a culture that too often blames victims.
(13) They are small-state Conservatives who believe the commercial world should provide.” Bryant, whose campaign against phone hacking won an award and who has a cartoon of himself as Luke Skywalker slaying the Sith lords Rupert Murdoch and Rebekah Brooks on his office wall, said the rumoured return of Brooks to News UK, if it happened, would be a “massive two fingers to the British public”.
(14) "Andrew does help me, as did [Observer dance critic] Luke Jennings.
(15) The classic Jedi response to subservience can be seen in the contrast between Luke’s first meeting with C-3PO – “I see, Sir”; “You can call me Luke”; “I see, Sir Luke,”; “No, just Luke” – and Qui-Gon Jinn meeting Jar Jar Binks: “Mesa your humble servant”; “That won’t be necessary”.
(16) This was true of the judicial system too, with Anderson frequently challenging intervention orders so he could see Luke more frequently, but then not showing up to court and leaving Batty on her own to deal with the aftermath.
(17) Once, the inquest heard, he threatened Luke’s football coach, telling him: “I have a knife with your name on it.” When Anderson killed Luke there were four warrants out for his arrest including one related to his possession of child sex abuse images.
(18) Luke Sibieta, the thinktank’s education programme director, said: “The schools budget was ringfenced in the 2010 spending review and the 2013 spending round.
(19) Luke loved spending time with his dad.” But Anderson became increasingly unstable, she said, and began showing concerning behaviour towards Luke, who also noticed a change in his father.
(20) In Frankston magistrates court last April, Goldsbrough heard an application by Rosie Batty to have the conditions on an intervention order further tightened to prevent Anderson, her ex-partner, from seeing Luke.