(n.) Small cubes used in gaming or in determining by chance; also, the game played with dice. See Die, n.
(v. i.) To play games with dice.
(v. i.) To ornament with squares, diamonds, or cubes.
(pl. ) of Die
(1) If this is the only issue, flight would be fine, but need to make sure that it isn’t symptomatic of a more significant upstream root cause.” Elon Musk (@elonmusk) Btw, 99% likely to be fine (closed loop TVC wd overcome error), but that 1% chance isn't worth rolling the dice.
(2) Now, the Balkans are once again dicing with crisis.
(3) We had a review in October, where the executive team headed up to Dice to see the latest on both of those games.
(4) The film's most chilling image, revealed later on in flashback, is of the tiny Li'l Dice returning to the motel alone and gleefully slaying everyone inside.
(5) The isolate of Treponema hyodysenteriae in the diced colon which was used to expose the swine was resistant to sodium arsanilate.
(6) No-one can deny that unions now have the dice loaded against them.
(7) He performed his debut show , Dicing with Dr Death, as part of the Edinburgh fringe comedy festival, described in its synopsis as “a rip-roaring ride through his 20 years working with life’s one certainty: death”.
(8) 800g veal shoulder, cut into 4cm dice 1 tbsp plain flour Salt and black pepper 30g unsalted butter 60ml olive oil 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped 200ml dry white wine 8 large sage leaves Shaved skin of 1 lemon, plus 3 tbsp lemon juice 1 550g head puntarelle (or 2 heads white chicory, cut widthways into 3cm-long segments) 1 small celeriac, peeled and chopped into 2cm dice (500g net weight) 200g pancetta, cut into 1cm dice 20g capers For the salad 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed 1 anchovy fillet, finely chopped 2 tsp red-wine vinegar 2 tbsp olive oil 1 white chicory, cut in half lengthways and then into long, 0.5cm thick wedges (or the rest of the puntarelle, if using) 80g rocket Toss the veal in flour seasoned with a teaspoon of salt and a good grind of pepper, until evenly coated, then tap off any excess.
(9) There are no bonuses in the shape of a couple of extra throws of the dice.
(10) On Sunday, in a snap rerun of the June polls predicted to be a turning point for the nation, he rolled the dice of history, taking the riskiest gamble of his political life.
(11) the last throw of the dice for Ed [Richards of Ofcom] to block the deal He ... .
(12) Previous studies have shown that microinjected ribonuclease A is degraded to single amino acids entirely within lysosomes (McElligott, M. A., Miao, P., and Dice, J. F. (1985) J. Biol.
(13) Now that Obama has thrown the dice and joined the fray in Syria, Britain will feel increasing pressure to do more to help.
(14) While small stuffed birds used to dangle from rear view mirrors – the Maltese version of fluffy dice – such displays are now rare and hunters can face hefty fines of up to €5,000 (£3,600) and jail if they are caught killing protected species.
(15) For the former experiments diced explants of the human fetal pancreas were grafted beneath the renal capsule of nude mice 3 weeks before streptozotocin was administered to make the animals diabetic.
(16) They sliced and diced them until no one had a clue what was going on," says Wilson.
(17) Implanted diced neonatal pancreas in three chambers removed after 6 weeks secreted glucagon, insulin, and pancreatic polypeptide in vitro.
(18) It referred to betting one's entire fortune on one throw of the dice [this, it transpires, being a game called 'hazard', more commonly known as craps].
(19) But in an echo of what happened last year in the runup to the general election, prime minister David Cameron has rolled the dice first – privately ruling out appearing in a debate, in a story that appeared in The Sun on Monday.
(20) They don't seem to understand that she was their final throw of the dice, and that in the end they lost.
(pl. ) of Die
(1) The sound of the ambulance frightened us, especially us children, and panic gripped the entire community: people believe that whoever is taken into the ambulance to the hospital will die – you so often don’t see them again.
(2) Insensitive variants die more slowly than wild type cells, with 10-20% cell death observed within 24 h after addition of dexamethasone.
(3) However, ticks, which failed to finish their feeding and represent a disproportionately great part of the whole parasite's population, die together with them and the parasitic system quickly restores its stability.
(4) After resection of the liver 13 patients of 31 died.
(5) Of the 594 patients, 23.7% died and 38.7% had documented inhalation injury.
(6) All of the nude mice developed paraplegia with or without incontinence at 2 weeks and routinely died of inanition 3 weeks postimplantation.
(7) The hospital whose A&E unit has been threatened with closure on safety grounds has admitted that four patients died after errors by staff in the emergency department and other areas.
(8) No evidence of BPH was observed in 68.4% of patients who had died of cancer.
(9) Four patients died while maintained on PD; three deaths were due to complications of liver failure within the first 4 months of PD and the fourth was due to empyema after 4 years of PD.
(10) In the patients who have died or have been classified as slowly progressive the serum 19-9 changes ranged from +13% to +707%.
(11) A 45-year-old mother of four, named as Hediye Sen, was killed during clashes in Cizre, while a 70-year-old died of a heart attack during fighting in Silopi, according to hospital sources.
(12) Three patients died from non-hepatic causes and another has received liver transplantation.
(13) One man has died in storms sweeping across the UK that have brought 100-mile-an-hour winds and led to more than 50 flood warnings being issued with widespread disruption on the road and rail networks in much of southern England and Scotland.
(14) Mitoses of nuclei of myocytes of the left ventricle of the heart observed in two elderly people who had died of extensive relapsing infarction are described.
(15) Four patients with tumours larger than 2 cm died from metastatic carcinoid.
(16) The patient later died from complications of burns.
(17) Male guinea pigs received either a single dose of As2O3 10 mg.kg-1 s.c. or repeated doses of 2.5 mg.kg-1 bis in die (b.i.d.)
(18) Histopathological studies confirmed that mice fed 933cu-rev died from bilateral renal cortical tubular necrosis consistent with toxic insult, perhaps due to Shiga-like toxins.
(19) Thirty had an in situ tumor (mean age: 30 years) and 34 had an invasive adenocarcinoma (mean age: 45 years), 7 of whom died of their cancer.
(20) These patients developed mediastinal lymph node metastasis and died 4 and 11 months after surgery, respectively.