(1) The sound of the ambulance frightened us, especially us children, and panic gripped the entire community: people believe that whoever is taken into the ambulance to the hospital will die – you so often don’t see them again.
(2) Insensitive variants die more slowly than wild type cells, with 10-20% cell death observed within 24 h after addition of dexamethasone.
(3) However, ticks, which failed to finish their feeding and represent a disproportionately great part of the whole parasite's population, die together with them and the parasitic system quickly restores its stability.
(4) After resection of the liver 13 patients of 31 died.
(5) Of the 594 patients, 23.7% died and 38.7% had documented inhalation injury.
(6) All of the nude mice developed paraplegia with or without incontinence at 2 weeks and routinely died of inanition 3 weeks postimplantation.
(7) The hospital whose A&E unit has been threatened with closure on safety grounds has admitted that four patients died after errors by staff in the emergency department and other areas.
(8) No evidence of BPH was observed in 68.4% of patients who had died of cancer.
(9) Four patients died while maintained on PD; three deaths were due to complications of liver failure within the first 4 months of PD and the fourth was due to empyema after 4 years of PD.
(10) In the patients who have died or have been classified as slowly progressive the serum 19-9 changes ranged from +13% to +707%.
(11) A 45-year-old mother of four, named as Hediye Sen, was killed during clashes in Cizre, while a 70-year-old died of a heart attack during fighting in Silopi, according to hospital sources.
(12) Three patients died from non-hepatic causes and another has received liver transplantation.
(13) One man has died in storms sweeping across the UK that have brought 100-mile-an-hour winds and led to more than 50 flood warnings being issued with widespread disruption on the road and rail networks in much of southern England and Scotland.
(14) Mitoses of nuclei of myocytes of the left ventricle of the heart observed in two elderly people who had died of extensive relapsing infarction are described.
(15) Four patients with tumours larger than 2 cm died from metastatic carcinoid.
(16) The patient later died from complications of burns.
(17) Male guinea pigs received either a single dose of As2O3 10 mg.kg-1 s.c. or repeated doses of 2.5 mg.kg-1 bis in die (b.i.d.)
(18) Histopathological studies confirmed that mice fed 933cu-rev died from bilateral renal cortical tubular necrosis consistent with toxic insult, perhaps due to Shiga-like toxins.
(19) Thirty had an in situ tumor (mean age: 30 years) and 34 had an invasive adenocarcinoma (mean age: 45 years), 7 of whom died of their cancer.
(20) These patients developed mediastinal lymph node metastasis and died 4 and 11 months after surgery, respectively.
(n.) The god Pluto.
(1) The physicians did diagnose and treat a number of patients with mental symptoms who were not identified by the DIS.
(2) Passive avoidance performance of HO-DIs was, indeed, influenced by the age of the subject at the time of testing; HO-DIs reentered the shock compartment sooner than HE at 35 days, but later than HE at 120 days.
(3) Overall, the results suggest that computerized administration may be a feasible alternative to face-to-face administration of the DIS.
(4) Overall percent agreement between the lay DIS and the psychiatrists clinical impression ranged from 79% to 96%.
(5) Employing an animal model of the LAR in rabbits developed in our laboratory (Am Rev Respir Dis 1982; 126:493-498), we examined changes in airway reactivity and pulmonary inflammation in rabbits having a late asthmatic response.
(6) Vesicular membrane potential was monitored by a cationic probe, diS-C3-(5), and an anionic probe, diS-BA-C2-(3).
(7) Using a standardized handscoring method for the DIS, the patients were categorized as having or not having MD.
(8) Subjects completed a structured psychiatric interview (Diagnostic Interview Schedule (DIS) and a Beck Depression Inventory (BDI), in addition to a test of self-schema, which involved rating and recall of a variety of "depressed" and "nondepressed" content adjectives.
(9) Using rapid mixing techniques, the time course of the passive association of diS-C3-(5) with mitochondria, that of the glutamate- and ATP-dependent optical signals, and the effect of this probe on the rate at which the energy-dependent cytochrome c oxidase Soret band shift signal develops have been monitored.
(10) The only named source in the DIS report, Professor Gaim Kibreab, director of refugee studies at London South Bank University, has also distanced himself from its findings.
(11) The results indicate fair concordance between the two clinical approaches and the DIS with regard to the presence of any delusional or hallucination symptoms.
(12) During the restitution of S2, an early biphasic upward hump was present at short DIs.
(13) A complex regulatory system may exist for the execution of the dis+ gene functions.
(14) ACTH-induced stress (AIS) makes the appearance of amnesia cases more frequent and prolongs LP of realized CRAA, unlike DIS, over all the periods of Alpine adaptation.
(15) Diphenylindenone sulphonyl (Dis) esters of trichothecene mycotoxins when sprayed with sodium methoxide showed fluorescent spots on a thin layer of silica gel when viewed under long-wavelength UV light.
(16) Of the patients with DIS disorders 83% had positive GHQ scores, and 73% were identified by the practitioner as having a mental disorder.
(17) Diagnoses were based on the DIS, not using the optional DSM-III exclusion rules.
(18) Large-scale clinical trials have established that lowering blood pressure in patients with mild to moderate diastolic hypertension results in a decreased incidence of stroke and, to a lesser extent, a reduction in incidence of coronary heart disease [MacMahon SW, Cutler JA, Furberg CD, et al: Prog Cardiovasc Dis 1986; 29 (suppl 1): 99-118].
(19) The location and orientation of 3,3'-dipropylthiodicarbocyanine (diS-C3-(5)) binding sites in renal brush-border membrane vesicles was examined from the quenching of n-(9-anthroyloxy) fatty acid (n-AS) fluorescence.
(20) Dis., 152:560-563, 1985) among 126 infants below 3 years of age along with 126 age-matched healthy controls in Brazil.