(1) The sound of the ambulance frightened us, especially us children, and panic gripped the entire community: people believe that whoever is taken into the ambulance to the hospital will die – you so often don’t see them again.
(2) Insensitive variants die more slowly than wild type cells, with 10-20% cell death observed within 24 h after addition of dexamethasone.
(3) However, ticks, which failed to finish their feeding and represent a disproportionately great part of the whole parasite's population, die together with them and the parasitic system quickly restores its stability.
(4) After resection of the liver 13 patients of 31 died.
(5) Of the 594 patients, 23.7% died and 38.7% had documented inhalation injury.
(6) All of the nude mice developed paraplegia with or without incontinence at 2 weeks and routinely died of inanition 3 weeks postimplantation.
(7) The hospital whose A&E unit has been threatened with closure on safety grounds has admitted that four patients died after errors by staff in the emergency department and other areas.
(8) No evidence of BPH was observed in 68.4% of patients who had died of cancer.
(9) Four patients died while maintained on PD; three deaths were due to complications of liver failure within the first 4 months of PD and the fourth was due to empyema after 4 years of PD.
(10) In the patients who have died or have been classified as slowly progressive the serum 19-9 changes ranged from +13% to +707%.
(11) A 45-year-old mother of four, named as Hediye Sen, was killed during clashes in Cizre, while a 70-year-old died of a heart attack during fighting in Silopi, according to hospital sources.
(12) Three patients died from non-hepatic causes and another has received liver transplantation.
(13) One man has died in storms sweeping across the UK that have brought 100-mile-an-hour winds and led to more than 50 flood warnings being issued with widespread disruption on the road and rail networks in much of southern England and Scotland.
(14) Mitoses of nuclei of myocytes of the left ventricle of the heart observed in two elderly people who had died of extensive relapsing infarction are described.
(15) Four patients with tumours larger than 2 cm died from metastatic carcinoid.
(16) The patient later died from complications of burns.
(17) Male guinea pigs received either a single dose of As2O3 10 mg.kg-1 s.c. or repeated doses of 2.5 mg.kg-1 bis in die (b.i.d.)
(18) Histopathological studies confirmed that mice fed 933cu-rev died from bilateral renal cortical tubular necrosis consistent with toxic insult, perhaps due to Shiga-like toxins.
(19) Thirty had an in situ tumor (mean age: 30 years) and 34 had an invasive adenocarcinoma (mean age: 45 years), 7 of whom died of their cancer.
(20) These patients developed mediastinal lymph node metastasis and died 4 and 11 months after surgery, respectively.
(n.) The name popularly given to the rich man in our Lord's parable of the "Rich Man and Lazarus" (Luke xvi. 19-31). Hence, a name for a rich worldling.
(1) Neither the plasma prolactin level nor urinary excretion of aldosterone and ADHshowed any consistent change throughout the dive.
(2) Inner Ear Decompression Sickness (IEDCS)--manifested by tinnitus, vertigo, nausea, vomiting, and hearing loss--is usually associated with deep air or mixed gas dives, and accompanied by other CNS symptoms of decompression sickness (DCS).
(3) Bubbles after N2-He-O2 dives contained substantially more N2 than He (up to 1.9 times more) compared to the dive mixture; bubbles after N2-Ar-O2 dives contained more Ar than N2 (up to 1.8 times more).
(4) Photograph: Amelia Jacobsen A second successive nomination for Long, whose increasing public prominence has coincided with a political awakening that has seen her dive headlong into activism as part of groups like UK Uncut .
(5) Thermal discomfort was reported only after 2 h in Dive 1.
(6) A working knowledge of medical fitness for diving and of diving medical emergencies will assist the nondiving physician in establishing a basic medical history and examination for the student scuba diver.
(7) We lack systematic studies of lung mechanics, gas exchange and respiratory regulation in the different phases of deep dives.
(8) Arterial blood O2 saturation decreased more in ED than in C. ED are characterized by increased anaerobic metabolism likely due to the existence of a diving reflex.
(9) The open-sea dives were carried out with an average speed of descent of 3.95 feet per second and an average rate of ascent of 3.50 feet per second.
(10) This article orients the practicing physician to the physical and physiologic basis for the more common medical problems encountered in diving, discusses the common presenting manifestations for these disorders, and provides a framework for their treatment.
(11) Fourteen patients who experienced inner ear barotrauma (IEBT) while scuba diving were examined shortly after the episode and were followed up until symptoms resolved or stabilized.
(12) Diving for 12 s elicited a pronounced activation of m.s.a., the mean increase from control periods being 360%.
(13) Compared with intact ducks, neither decerebration nor brain stem transection at the rostral mesencephalic (RM) level had any effect on development of diving bradycardia, or heart rate at the end of two-min dives.
(14) In between, I watch a parade of Berliner life: women chain-smoking in the pool’s trademark wicker chairs, fully clothed men sipping a morning beer in the 26C heat, kids jumping off the diving pier and screaming down the large waterslide.
(15) Mean arterial blood pressure in dives was unchanged from pre-dive levels in both naive and trained dabbling ducks.
(16) Intake of marine oils may be beneficial to divers under deep diving and to patients during extracorporeal circulation, because this may reduce the microbubble-induced aggregation.
(17) Years ago the concept of homelessness was drug addicts and bag ladies – now there is a new wave of homelessness since the economy dived – people who are older, had savings and a home, but lost their jobs and their health insurance and finally ran out of money and turned up on our doorstep with a suitcase.
(18) Holland 1-2 Australia (Jedinak 54 pen) Jedinak steps forward confidently and, as Cillessen dives to his left, Jedinak's low shot finds the opposite corner.
(19) The lungs of Xenopus are, however, important sources of stored oxygen during voluntary dives, the rate of use being clearly related to activity levels and dive durations.
(20) Possible physiological role of the regulatory specifics of the cerebral circulation system of birds in diving and flying, is discussed.