(n.) A child's puppet; a toy baby for a little girl.
(1) Russia Facebook Twitter Pinterest Russian dolls in the likeness of Russia’s President Vladimir Putin and the US president-elect, Donald Trump.
(2) It is still weird that "arts and crafts" is in the same category as dolls.
(3) The authors argue for the use of structured interview techniques with use of the anatomical dolls and the collection of normative comparison data relative to the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse.
(4) This judgement is particularly significant for the UK as it was the testimony of two leading experts, Professor Nicholas J. Wald and Sir Richard Doll, whose evidence helped convince the Judge about the harmful health effects of passive smoke.
(5) Although she's been performing since 2000 – in the punk-cabaret duo the Dresden Dolls , in a controversial conjoined-twin mime act called Evelyn Evelyn (they wear a specially constructed two-person dress and have been castigated by disability groups for presenting conjoined twins as circus freaks, an accusation she denies) – in her new band, Amanda Palmer And The Grand Theft Orchestra , she's suddenly become a kind of phenomenon.
(6) Natasha Walter, the feminist author, was struck by the supportive atmosphere of Mumsnet when she was writing Living Dolls: the Return of Sexism , a few years ago.
(7) These dolls can be used by trained professionals to help make conclusions about a child's background.
(8) So many young female tennis players look like dolls, the confusion of woman with (sex) doll is almost natural for the broadcaster swimming in the miasma of his own idiocy.
(9) This is a coded attack on the sexy, grownup images that surround dolls such as Barbie and Bratz.
(10) It was found that the maternity instinct is inborn but it starts to show only during the second year of life and is manifested in the form of playing with dolls and reaches its peak at the age of 3-5 years.
(11) The Makie dolls are another example of commercial production, Rowley points out.
(12) All the usual suspects are making an appearance, including mice on their mice organ, Gabriel the toad, Madeleine the rag doll and Professor Yaffle.
(13) Doll immediately gave up his own five cigarettes a day habit.
(14) Each doll can be customised according to skin tone, eye colour and hair colour to look like its owner.
(15) "Selling this doll is highly offensive to our ancestors and the African-American community," Rev KW Tulloss, NAC's president in Los Angeles, told the New York Daily News.
(16) Both groups did not differ from each other in respect to frequency of tomboyish behavior or interest in doll play and other aspects of materanl rehearsal.
(17) Principally, there was the legal conflict with actor James Woods, who in 1988 accused her of exotic harassments including leaving a disfigured doll outside his home in Beverly Hills.
(18) Another man in a pirate hat covered in voodoo dolls approached the screen, placing a live rooster on the stage as if offering it to the football gods.
(19) A giant inflatable doll with the face of Shaker Aamer , the last British resident held at Guantánamo who returned to the UK last October after 14 years’ incarceration, was displayed not far from the White House fence and front lawn.
(20) 33 children were asked to identify from an array of pictures the one which best represented a doll's view of the stimulus display.
(a.) Belonging to man or mankind; having the qualities or attributes of a man; of or pertaining to man or to the race of man; as, a human voice; human shape; human nature; human sacrifices.
(n.) A human being.
(1) The absolute recoveries of diazepam, nordazepam and flurazepam in human milk were 84, 86 and 92% and in human plasma 97, 89 and 94%, respectively.
(2) Stimulation of human leukocytes with various chemical mediators such as TPA, f-Met-Leu-Phe, LTB4, etc.
(3) It was tested for recovery and separation from other selenium moieties present in urine using both in vivo-labeled rat urine and human urine spiked with unlabeled TMSe.
(4) The distribution and configuration of the experimental ruptures were similar to those usually noted as complications of human myocardial infarction.
(5) By electrophoresis and scanning densitometry, actin was found to constitute about 4% to 6% of the total cellular protein in the human corneal epithelium.
(6) A series of human cDNA clones of various sizes and relative localizations to the mRNA molecule were isolated by using the human p53-H14 (2.35-kilobase) cDNA probe which we previously cloned.
(7) Assessment of the likelihood of replication in humans has included in vitro exposure of human cells to the potential pesticidal agent.
(8) Herpesviruses such as EBV, HSV, and human herpes virus-6 (HHV-6) have a marked tropism for cells of the immune system and therefore infection by these viruses may result in alterations of immune functions, leading at times to a state of immunosuppression.
(9) After stimulation with lipopolysaccharide and calcium ionophore A23187, culture supernatants of clones c18A and c29A showed cytotoxic activity against human melanoma A375 Met-Mix and other cell lines which were resistant to the tumor necrosis factor, lymphotoxin and interleukin 1.
(10) Phospholipid methylation in human EGMs is distinctly different from that in rat EGMs (Hirata and Axelrod 1980) in that the human activity is not Mg++-dependent, and apparent methyltransferase I activity is located in the external membrane surface.
(11) This bone could not be degraded by human monocytes in vitro as well as control bone (only 54% of control; P less than 0.003).
(12) On the other hand, human IL-9, which is a homologue to murine P40, was cloned from a cDNA library prepared with mRNA isolated from PHA-induced T-cell line (C5MJ2).
(13) These results suggest the presence of a new antigen-antibody system for another human type C retrovirus related antigens(s) and a participation of retrovirus in autoimmune diseases.
(14) The promoters of the adenovirus 2 major late gene, the mouse beta-globin gene, the mouse immunoglobulin VH gene and the LTR of the human T-lymphotropic retrovirus type I were tested for their transcription activities in cell-free extracts of four cell lines; HeLa, CESS (Epstein-Barr virus-transformed human B cell line), MT-1 (HTLV-I-infected human T cell line without viral protein synthesis), and MT-2 (HTLV-I-infected human T cell line producing viral proteins).
(15) Detergent-solubilized HLA antigens were isolated from a human lymphoblastoid cell using an anti-beta2-microglobulin immunoaffinity column.
(16) We postulate that FAA may affect the human peripheral and mucosal immune system.
(17) The human placental villus tissue contains opioid receptors and peptides.
(18) The origins of aging of higher forms of life, particularly humans, is presented as the consequence of an evolved balance between 4 specific kinds of dysfunction-producing events and 4 kinds of evolved counteracting effects in long-lived forms.
(19) The result has been called the biggest human upheaval since the Second World War.
(20) It was the purpose of the present study to describe the normal pattern of the growth sites of the nasal septum according to age and sex by histological and microradiographical examination of human autopsy material.