(n.) A child's puppet; a toy baby for a little girl.
(1) Russia Facebook Twitter Pinterest Russian dolls in the likeness of Russia’s President Vladimir Putin and the US president-elect, Donald Trump.
(2) It is still weird that "arts and crafts" is in the same category as dolls.
(3) The authors argue for the use of structured interview techniques with use of the anatomical dolls and the collection of normative comparison data relative to the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse.
(4) This judgement is particularly significant for the UK as it was the testimony of two leading experts, Professor Nicholas J. Wald and Sir Richard Doll, whose evidence helped convince the Judge about the harmful health effects of passive smoke.
(5) Although she's been performing since 2000 – in the punk-cabaret duo the Dresden Dolls , in a controversial conjoined-twin mime act called Evelyn Evelyn (they wear a specially constructed two-person dress and have been castigated by disability groups for presenting conjoined twins as circus freaks, an accusation she denies) – in her new band, Amanda Palmer And The Grand Theft Orchestra , she's suddenly become a kind of phenomenon.
(6) Natasha Walter, the feminist author, was struck by the supportive atmosphere of Mumsnet when she was writing Living Dolls: the Return of Sexism , a few years ago.
(7) These dolls can be used by trained professionals to help make conclusions about a child's background.
(8) So many young female tennis players look like dolls, the confusion of woman with (sex) doll is almost natural for the broadcaster swimming in the miasma of his own idiocy.
(9) This is a coded attack on the sexy, grownup images that surround dolls such as Barbie and Bratz.
(10) It was found that the maternity instinct is inborn but it starts to show only during the second year of life and is manifested in the form of playing with dolls and reaches its peak at the age of 3-5 years.
(11) The Makie dolls are another example of commercial production, Rowley points out.
(12) All the usual suspects are making an appearance, including mice on their mice organ, Gabriel the toad, Madeleine the rag doll and Professor Yaffle.
(13) Doll immediately gave up his own five cigarettes a day habit.
(14) Each doll can be customised according to skin tone, eye colour and hair colour to look like its owner.
(15) "Selling this doll is highly offensive to our ancestors and the African-American community," Rev KW Tulloss, NAC's president in Los Angeles, told the New York Daily News.
(16) Both groups did not differ from each other in respect to frequency of tomboyish behavior or interest in doll play and other aspects of materanl rehearsal.
(17) Principally, there was the legal conflict with actor James Woods, who in 1988 accused her of exotic harassments including leaving a disfigured doll outside his home in Beverly Hills.
(18) Another man in a pirate hat covered in voodoo dolls approached the screen, placing a live rooster on the stage as if offering it to the football gods.
(19) A giant inflatable doll with the face of Shaker Aamer , the last British resident held at Guantánamo who returned to the UK last October after 14 years’ incarceration, was displayed not far from the White House fence and front lawn.
(20) 33 children were asked to identify from an array of pictures the one which best represented a doll's view of the stimulus display.
(n.) A small image in the human form; a doll.
(n.) A similar figure moved by the hand or by a wire in a mock drama; a marionette; a wooden actor in a play.
(n.) One controlled in his action by the will of another; a tool; -- so used in contempt.
(n.) The upright support for the bearing of the spindle in a lathe.
(1) Facebook Twitter Pinterest A Gays Against Guns protester carries a puppet representing congressman Lee Zeldin.
(2) Alternatively, the politicians could be raising suspicions without evidence to weaken the incoming president, Donald Trump, whom his former opponent Hillary Clinton dubbed a “puppet” of the Russians.
(3) Romney should totally come out with a ventriloquist's puppet called Mr Mittens and channel all answers through him.
(4) Senior Coalition members backed the minister, while accusing unions of being Labor’s puppet masters.
(5) Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey and Tom Hiddleston will be popping up to get pally with the puppets.
(6) Alex Turner has already set about ingratiating himself with the 2013 festival by guesting with his erstwhile partner in the Last Shadow Puppets, Miles Kane, earlier this afternoon, but as he takes to the Pyramid Stage for the Monkeys' headline slot, piling straight into the bluesy electronic throbs of new single Do I Wanna Know in a sharp striped suit and teddy quiff and throwing the odd karate beckoning motion, there's a real sense of points to be proved.
(7) Extreme discomfort and anonymity are the chief challenges faced by puppeteers.
(8) Those who remember the Two Davids of the 1987 SDP-Liberal Alliance will recall the exquisite agony only too well, cruelly captured by the Spitting Image puppet of little Steel perched in big Owen's pocket.
(9) A puppet Government set up at Vichy which may at any moment be forced to become our foe; the whole western seaboard of Europe, from the North Cape to the Spanish frontier, in German hands; all the ports, all the airfields upon this immense front employed against us as potential springboards of invasion.
(10) Three- and 4-year-olds attributed knowledge and perceptual experience to the person (either themselves or the puppet) who had viewed the hidden object, but not to the person who did not view it.
(11) Nothing that transformed the writer into a glove puppet of the manipulators of the media was acceptable to him.
(12) The program includes a self-instructional package presented by a children's puppet.
(13) No, you’re the puppet.” She said the intelligence agencies blamed election-related cyberattacks on Russia.
(14) Lee, a member of the LGBT advocacy group in Northern Ireland Queer Space, wanted a cake featuring Sesame Street puppets Bert and Ernie with the slogan: support gay marriage.
(15) Things that you really wouldn't think about, like for example, you never use the word 'puppet'.
(16) Plans for the show, which has the working title No Strings Attached, are for a puppet presenter interviewing real life celebrities.
(17) With two people to a puppet, synchronised co-ordination was a new challenge.
(18) Anatomical dolls, medical puppets and stuffed animals, toys and games, as well as replicas of medical equipment and furniture are now available to demonstrate more clearly to patients what will be happening to them.
(19) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Boris Johnson: ‘Saudi Arabia and Iran puppeteering in Middle East’ – video It’s true, the Saudis are propping up Yemen’s feeble half-government against a rebellion by Iranian-backed tribal militias.
(20) On the first day of every workshop, there would be a new Joey puppet with new joints or parts, and I'd always go say hello to him.