(1) Plays like The Workhouse Donkey (1963) and Armstrong's Last Goodnight (1964) were staged in major theatres, but as the decade progressed so his identification with the increasingly radical climate of the times began to lead away from the mainstream theatre.
(2) You’d think Michael Foot himself was running, attending debates in a hammer and sickle-print donkey jacket, from the amount we’ve been talking about him.
(3) A study of gonadotrophin production in horses and donkeys bearing hybrid foals has yielded fascinating results about the immunology of pregnancy.
(4) Leukocyte microsomal HMG-CoA reductase, first immobilized onto a nitrocellulose filter, is sequentially reacted with 1) monospecific, polyclonal rabbit anti-rat liver HMG-CoA reductase antiserum, which crossreacts with the human liver and leukocyte enzymes; 2) biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit immunoglobulin; 3) a streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase conjugate; and 4) 4-chloro-1-naphthol and H2O2 to visualize the quantity of horseradish peroxidase bound to the immunocomplex.
(5) Four books of his songs have been published, as well as a children's song book called Little Donkey, with illustrations by J Patrick Lewis.
(6) Hagere Selam remains a modest place of mudwalled shops with corrugated roofs, cows, donkeys and sheep wandering unpaved streets and children idling away an afternoon at table football – a generation with no memory of the famine that killed hundreds of thousands and woke up the world.
(7) A llama, a miniature horse, and a miniature donkey with severe bilateral congenital flexural deformities of the metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joints were treated successfully by arthrodesis with dynamic compression plating or external skeletal fixation.
(8) The incidence of hydatidosis in donkeys and the relationship of the domestic cycle to the wildlife cycle operating in the same area is unknown and requires further study.
(9) Many arrive on donkeys from Turkey, but there is no way of knowing which products are counterfeit and which are real.
(10) Best-known for creating Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros , Shigeru Miyamoto is an acclaimed games designer and general manager of Nintendo's entertainment analysis and development division.
(11) Leucocytes from the blood of adult and young donkeys (Equus asinus L.), adult horses (Equus caballus L.), adult mules (Equus asinus x Equus caballus) and adult pigs (Sus scrofa L.) were obtained in a high degree of purity (99.9%) using Na2-EDTA-dextrans mixtures.
(12) Her latest show War Donkey is at the Assembly Rooms.
(13) In October 2013, in a sign of how bad things had become, the imam of Yarmouk’s largest mosque issued a fatwa that permitted people to eat cats, dogs and donkeys.
(14) In vivo mucus transport rates were studied in humans and donkeys by external measurement of the rate of clearance of insoluble monodisperse gamma-tagged aerosols.
(15) Erythrocytes of guinea-pig, rabbit, hamster, rat, chicken, dog and donkey formed a lower percentage of rosettes.
(16) A 246 bp cDNA clone representing the C-terminal region of the donkey (Equus asinus) chorionic gonadotrophin (CG)-beta subunit was isolated from a placental library.
(17) • Gîtes (sleeping 4-7 from €450 a week, 020-3603 1160, babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk Croas Men farm, near Morlaix Accommodation options at this unusual campsite include ridge tents and a gypsy caravan but the best option for families is La Maisonnette, a simple wooden house overlooking a donkey meadow.
(18) "The hut has been in the same family for donkey's years," he said.
(19) Four out of the 6 donkeys had B. equi antibodies while 2 of them had detectable parasitaemia.
(20) Thus it was possible to separate histochemically the TA muscle in the rostral (pars ventricularis) and caudal (pars vocalis) portions which are related to the VE and the VO muscles of the dog, horse and donkey.
(v. i.) To neigh; to whinny.
(n.) A hybrid between a stallion and an ass.
(n.) A term of endearment; darling; -- corrupted from honey.
(1) The problem now is to explain how mules and hinnies can occasionally produce spermatozoa or ova.
(2) The mule and the hinny remain man's only successful attempt at the production of a commercially viable interspecific mammalian hybrid.
(3) In China, where mules are bred extensively for work on the farms, a fertile female mule and a fertile female hinny have now been verified by chromosomal investigation.
(4) Furthermore, the hybrid mule and hinny conceptuses both produced PMSG with an FSH:LH ratio which was approximately midway between those of the horse and donkey.
(5) The production of PMSG was greatly reduced in mares carrying mule conceptuses and greatly increased in donkeys carrying hinny conceptuses.
(6) Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (Cobbold 1884) infects the respiratory tract of horses, donkeys, mules, hinnies and zebra.
(7) The homologues of horse IgGa, IgGb, IgGc and IgA were identified in normal donkey, mule, hinny and zebra serum.
(8) The number of genes encoding the common alpha-subunit and hormone-specific beta-subunits of the equine gonadotrophins (FSH, LH and CG) were investigated in the horse (Equus caballus), donkey (E. asinus) and 2 horse x donkey hybrids (the mule and hinny).
(9) Anecdotal reports of fertility in female mules (jack donkey x mare) and hinnies (stallion x jenny donkey) have appeared in the literature over the years, but scientists have generally regarded them with scepticism.
(10) The mule and hinny Southern blots showed a combination of the horse and donkey fingerprints, consistent with the presence of both genomes in these hybrids and consistent with the expression of both horse and donkey CG by hybrid conceptuses.
(11) The behaviour of the sex chromosomes of female mules and hinnies has helped to confirm the Lyon hypothesis about X-chromosome inactivation.
(12) Fetal genotype had no obvious influence upon progestagen production in mares, but donkeys carrying hinny conceptuses showed extremely high peripheral plasma progestagen concentrations when serum PMSG levels were elevated.
(13) A few mature spermatozoa were recovered from the ejaculate and epididymal flushings of the hinny.
(14) Rat testicular radioreceptor assays specific for FSH and LH were used to determine the FSH:LH ratio of PMSG produced by horse, donkey, mule and hinny conceptuses.
(15) Mules and hinnies, both males and females, carry equal amounts of horse and donkey cytochromes c. The same ratio is found in hinnies in preparations from heart tissue and from skeletal muscle.
(16) Abnormalities of pairing were observed in the mule and hinny in most germ cells at the pachytene stage of meiotic prophase, and spermatogenesis was alsmot totally arrested.
(17) In the majority of cases we found non-expression of the horse-derived NOR chromosomes in the hinny.
(18) Since the chromosomal differences between the two parental species are so great as to render normal meiosis impossible, it is postulated that all mules and hinnies are sterile.
(19) The studies make it clear that mule and hinny fertility, at least for the female hybrid, is a real possibility.
(20) The foals show unique hybrid karyotypes different from the mule's or hinny's and different from each other's.