(1) Plays like The Workhouse Donkey (1963) and Armstrong's Last Goodnight (1964) were staged in major theatres, but as the decade progressed so his identification with the increasingly radical climate of the times began to lead away from the mainstream theatre.
(2) You’d think Michael Foot himself was running, attending debates in a hammer and sickle-print donkey jacket, from the amount we’ve been talking about him.
(3) A study of gonadotrophin production in horses and donkeys bearing hybrid foals has yielded fascinating results about the immunology of pregnancy.
(4) Leukocyte microsomal HMG-CoA reductase, first immobilized onto a nitrocellulose filter, is sequentially reacted with 1) monospecific, polyclonal rabbit anti-rat liver HMG-CoA reductase antiserum, which crossreacts with the human liver and leukocyte enzymes; 2) biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit immunoglobulin; 3) a streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase conjugate; and 4) 4-chloro-1-naphthol and H2O2 to visualize the quantity of horseradish peroxidase bound to the immunocomplex.
(5) Four books of his songs have been published, as well as a children's song book called Little Donkey, with illustrations by J Patrick Lewis.
(6) Hagere Selam remains a modest place of mudwalled shops with corrugated roofs, cows, donkeys and sheep wandering unpaved streets and children idling away an afternoon at table football – a generation with no memory of the famine that killed hundreds of thousands and woke up the world.
(7) A llama, a miniature horse, and a miniature donkey with severe bilateral congenital flexural deformities of the metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joints were treated successfully by arthrodesis with dynamic compression plating or external skeletal fixation.
(8) The incidence of hydatidosis in donkeys and the relationship of the domestic cycle to the wildlife cycle operating in the same area is unknown and requires further study.
(9) Many arrive on donkeys from Turkey, but there is no way of knowing which products are counterfeit and which are real.
(10) Best-known for creating Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros , Shigeru Miyamoto is an acclaimed games designer and general manager of Nintendo's entertainment analysis and development division.
(11) Leucocytes from the blood of adult and young donkeys (Equus asinus L.), adult horses (Equus caballus L.), adult mules (Equus asinus x Equus caballus) and adult pigs (Sus scrofa L.) were obtained in a high degree of purity (99.9%) using Na2-EDTA-dextrans mixtures.
(12) Her latest show War Donkey is at the Assembly Rooms.
(13) In October 2013, in a sign of how bad things had become, the imam of Yarmouk’s largest mosque issued a fatwa that permitted people to eat cats, dogs and donkeys.
(14) In vivo mucus transport rates were studied in humans and donkeys by external measurement of the rate of clearance of insoluble monodisperse gamma-tagged aerosols.
(15) Erythrocytes of guinea-pig, rabbit, hamster, rat, chicken, dog and donkey formed a lower percentage of rosettes.
(16) A 246 bp cDNA clone representing the C-terminal region of the donkey (Equus asinus) chorionic gonadotrophin (CG)-beta subunit was isolated from a placental library.
(17) • Gîtes (sleeping 4-7 from €450 a week, 020-3603 1160, babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk Croas Men farm, near Morlaix Accommodation options at this unusual campsite include ridge tents and a gypsy caravan but the best option for families is La Maisonnette, a simple wooden house overlooking a donkey meadow.
(18) "The hut has been in the same family for donkey's years," he said.
(19) Four out of the 6 donkeys had B. equi antibodies while 2 of them had detectable parasitaemia.
(20) Thus it was possible to separate histochemically the TA muscle in the rostral (pars ventricularis) and caudal (pars vocalis) portions which are related to the VE and the VO muscles of the dog, horse and donkey.
(n.) Any of the smaller species of the genus Lepus, especially the common European species (Lepus cuniculus), which is often kept as a pet, and has been introduced into many countries. It is remarkably prolific, and has become a pest in some parts of Australia and New Zealand.
(1) In addition, intravenous injection of complexes into rabbits showed optimal myocardial images with agents of intermediate lipophilicity.
(2) Trifluoroacetylated rabbit serum albumin was 5 times more reactive with these antibodies and thus more antigenic than the homologous acetylated moiety confirming the importance of the trifluoromethyl moiety as an epitope in the immunogen in vivo.
(3) As the percentage of rabbit feed is very small compared to the bulk of animal feeds, there is a fair chance that rabbit feed will be contaminated with constituents (additives) of batches previously prepared for other animals.
(4) The influence of the hexylsalicylic acid (2) on the pharmacokinetic of the quinine (1), was studied using rabbits.
(5) Myocardial ischaemia was induced in perfused rabbit hearts by ligating the left main coronary artery.
(6) Serially sectioned rabbit foliate taste buds were examined with high voltage electron microscopy (HVEM) and computer-assisted, three-dimensional reconstruction.
(7) The distribution of gelsolin, a calcium-dependent actin-severing and capping protein, in the retina of the developing and adult rabbit was studied.
(8) Consequently, the present data indicate that training-induced changes in the CS-evoked activity of PFCm cells are significantly related to aversively conditioned bradycardia in rabbits.
(9) To identify the NHE-1 protein and to establish its cellular and subcellular localization in the rabbit kidney, we prepared antibodies to a NHE-1 fusion protein.
(10) The 0.1 M phosphate buffer eluant was electrophoretically heterogeneous and did not elicit the production of bactericidal antibodies in rabbits.
(11) Changes in renal renin levels after the administration of glycerol were not significant, although lower renal renin values were consistently found in rabbits with more severe impairment of renal function.
(12) The effect of hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and the combination of both on acute and chronic myocardial ischemia were evaluated in a total of 30 male rabbits.
(13) All of the rabbits immunized with FCA developed sterile subcutaneous abscesses.
(14) The role of adrenergic agents in augmenting proximal tubular salt and water flux, was studied in a preparation of freshly isolated rabbit renal proximal tubular cells in suspension.
(15) Forty-five enteropathogenic (enteropathogenic Escherichia coli-like) strains isolated in commercial rabbit farms were subdivided into four biotypes with the help of six carbohydrate fermentation tests, ornithine decarboxylase tests, and motility tests.
(16) In all immunized rabbits the antisera obtained with the 7 alpha-derivative had a higher affinity and a narrower specificity than the antiserum obtained with the 7 beta-derivative.
(17) Sera from three of these patients gave a precipitin band in gel diffusion tests identical to that produced by a monospecific rabbit anti-E. granulosus antigen 5 serum, when tested against whole hydatid fluid.
(18) Plasma membranes were obtained from a homogeneous population of rabbit red blood cells at different maturation periods.
(19) The hypothesis that experimentally determined survival times of Treponema pallidum in stored donor blood could be related to the number of treponemes initially present in the treponeme-blood mixtures was investigated by inoculating rabbits with three graded doses of treponemes suspended in donor blood and stored at 4 degrees C for various periods of time.
(20) Most notably, retroperitoneal lymph nodes in rabbits remained dark blue up to 28 days after hindlimb endolymphatic instillation of liposomal patent blue.