(prep.) In the time of; as long as the action or existence of; as, during life; during the space of a year.
(prep.) Quite through; from one extremity to the other of; also, every part of; as, to search throughout the house.
(adv.) In every part; as, the cloth was of a piece throughout.
(1) These studies led to the following conclusions: (a) all the prominent NHP which remain bound to DNA are also present in somewhat similar proportions in the saline-EDTA, Tris, and 0.35 M NaCl washes of nuclei; (b) a protein comigrating with actin is prominent in the first saline-EDTA wash of nuclei, but present as only a minor band in the subsequent washes and on washed chromatin; (c) the presence of nuclear matrix proteins in all the nuclear washes and cytosol indicates that these proteins are distributed throughout the cell; (d) a histone-binding protein (J2) analogous to the HMG1 protein of K. V. Shooter, G.H.
(2) This may be due to efficient replacement of Leu by Phe at CUC (and, probably, CUU) codons throughout the genome.
(3) Using multiple regression, a linear correlation was established between the cardiac index and the arterial-venous pH and PCO2 differences throughout shock and resuscitation (r2 = .91).
(4) Periodontal diseases are a collection of disorders that may affect patients throughout life.
(5) Neither the plasma prolactin level nor urinary excretion of aldosterone and ADHshowed any consistent change throughout the dive.
(6) Maximal aberration yields were observed for 2,4-diaminotoluene, 2,6-diaminotoluene and cytosine beta-D-arabinofuranoside from 17 to 21 h, eugenol from 15 to 21 h, cadmium sulfate from 15 to 24 h and 2-aminobiphenyl, from 17 to 24 h. For adriamycin at 1 microM, the % aberrant cells remained elevated throughout the period from 9 to 29 h, while small increases at 0.1 microM ADR were found only at 13 and at 25 h. For most chemicals the maximal aberration yield occurred at a different time for each concentration tested.
(7) Accuracy of discrimination of letters at various preselected distances was determined each session while Ortho-rater examinations were given periodically throughout training.
(8) Throughout the period of rehabilitation, the frequent changes of a patient's condition may require a process of ongoing evaluation and appropriate adjustments in the physical therapy program.
(9) The total content of both thyroid hormones in the oocytes increased throughout most of the ovarian cycle as the oocytes increased in size from less than 2 mg to approximately 6.5 mg by ovulation.
(10) A total of 1,268 patients admitted to hospital wards were kept under surveillance by one observer throughout their stay in hospital.
(11) Proliferating cells were abundant and scattered throughout the stratified epithelium before the appearance of villi.
(12) The second agent in contrast caused elevated cell and enzyme excretion, increasing throughout the period of administration.
(13) The results suggest that the response continued unabated throughout the duration of exposure to hypoxia.
(14) Throughout the entire cultivation cytidyl derivatives occurred in trace quantities.
(15) Both mothers had been sniffing regularly throughout their pregnancies.
(16) After an introductory training program, the students asked the patients arriving at the hospital out-patient clinic for permission to observe them throughout the attendance given.
(17) In general, enzyme activity was less susceptible to HA during the first week after birth than at later ages, some brain areas such as the hypothalamus showing significant alterations in some enzymes throughout development, and in all enzymes at adulthood.
(18) The region is distinctive in that the sequence is absent from the homologous domain of the erythroid alpha chain and diverges from the normal internal repeat structure observed throughout other spectrins.
(19) Peripheral blood leukocytes demonstrated cell-mediated immunity against melanoma antigens before and throughout the period of drainage, except for the immediate postoperative period.
(20) We conclude that once daily doxazosin provides smooth and effective blood pressure control throughout a 24 h post-dose period.