(n.) An individual of the sex which conceives and brings forth young, or (in a wider sense) which has an ovary and produces ova.
(n.) A plant which produces only that kind of reproductive organs which are capable of developing into fruit after impregnation or fertilization; a pistillate plant.
(a.) Belonging to the sex which conceives and gives birth to young, or (in a wider sense) which produces ova; not male.
(a.) Belonging to an individual of the female sex; characteristic of woman; feminine; as, female tenderness.
(a.) Having pistils and no stamens; pistillate; or, in cryptogamous plants, capable of receiving fertilization.
(1) Thirty-two patients (10 male, 22 female; age 37-82 years) undergoing maintenance haemodialysis or haemofiltration were studied by means of Holter device capable of simultaneously analysing rhythm and ST-changes in three leads.
(2) The Independent noted that one of the female protagonists yelled "You c***!"
(3) There were 12 males, 6 females, with mean age of 55.1 yrs (range 39-77 yrs).
(4) Determination of plasma luteinizing hormone (LH) levels in the peripubertal female rats revealed that plasma LH was increased transiently immediately after NPY administration.
(5) The sequential histopathologic alterations in femorotibial joints of partial meniscectomized male and female guinea pigs were evaluated at 1, 2, 3, 6, and 12 weeks post-surgery.
(6) Positivity was not correlated with current residence census tract socioeconomic indicators in black or white females.
(7) Eight-week-old virgin untreated female mice were induced to ovulate using equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG) and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), and were then caged with males overnight.
(8) Groups of inbred female mice of strains CBA or C3H were infected genitally with a pathogenic human strain of Chlamydia trachomatis (N.I.1, serovar F) known to produce salpingitis and infertility in mice.
(9) In the triploids, the 40 female chromosomes present (mouse, n = 20) were derived from a single diploid pronucleus formed after the extrusion of a first polar body, and following the monospermic fertilization of primary oocytes.
(10) These results do not support the view that in the rat pheromones from adult males enhance puberty in females, contrary to what is known to happen in the mouse.
(11) The examination of the standard waves' amplitude and latency of the brain stem auditory evoked response (BAEP) was performed in 20 guinea pigs (males and females, weighing 250 to 300 g).
(12) In common with other studies, we found that the injury occurred in competitive runners, especially females, and was likely to develop during competitive races or intensive training sessions.
(13) The serum ACE activity showed no significant difference between male and female in the control or sarcoidosis groups.
(14) Females were killed at various times after the onset of mating or artificial insemination, oviducts were fixed and sectioned serially, and spermatozoa were counted individually as to their location in the oviduct.
(15) We also demonstrated a significant difference in the Hb switching process between male and female newborns.
(16) Adult nonpregnant female rhesus monkeys fed purified diets containing 100 or 4 ppm zinc for 1 yr were mated then studied through midgestation.
(17) Female littermates injected with 0.15 M NaCl served as controls.
(18) In both cases, female cells presented more nucleoli than the respective male cells.
(19) The high concentrations of gonadotropins present in immature female rats by the end of the second week of life were suppressed by treatment with an antagonist against luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH-A; Org.
(20) The purpose of the present study was to investigate whether the signaling behaviors of female Long-Evans rats varies over the estrous cycle.
(1) The genesis of much of Rousey’s criticism about the woman who ran over Gina Carano, MMA’s first poster girl, stems from this.
(2) Australian mining magnate Gina Rinehart has reduced her stake in Fairfax Media, publisher of the Sydney Morning Herald and the Age newspapers, less than three weeks after she increased her investment in the group.
(3) Gina Miller: 'I’ve been told that "as a coloured woman", I’m not even human' Read more They must also establish what lawyers refer to as a “ justiciable controversy”, which is tougher.
(4) Some have speculated that it may be a clever trap because, if the children are liable for capital gains tax and are forced to sell their shares, the only person they can sell to is a lineal descendent of Lang Hancock – that is, Gina Rinehart.
(5) I wish I could wake up every day and have Gina Ford looking after me.'"
(6) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Victorious Gina Miller reacts to article 50 ruling: ‘This case was about process, not politics’ Although a related legal challenge failed in Northern Ireland’s high court, the claimants are expected to appeal against that decision, particularly on Brexit’s impact on the devolved legislation.
(7) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Gina Miller: ‘We have not just let ourselves down but I think the whole of Europe down’.
(8) Gina Rinehart’s Hancock Prospecting was the country’s largest privately owned taxpayer, paying $466m on a taxable income of $1.5bn in 2015.
(9) "And if you ask people if they think the likes of Gina Rinehart should be asked to pay a little bit more instead of attacking pensions or paying more to see the doctor, most people would say yes a well."
(10) But when the court adjourned for lunch, June Steenkamp could be seen shaking her head and putting an arm around another family member, while Steenkamp's friend Gina Myers openly wept.
(11) Gina Crawford was Katherine Russell’s best friend since elementary school.
(12) Watching from the public gallery were his brother Carl and sister Aimee, who held his hands in silent prayer before the 10-minute hearing, and Gina and Kim Myers, close friends of Steenkamp, who would have been celebrating her 30th birthday.
(13) Hywood assured staff the papers would remain independent and would not be influenced editorially by the company's largest shareholder, the mining magnate Gina Rinehart , who boosted her stake in Fairfax Media to 18.7% last week.
(14) Guests on the night included the reclusive mining magnate and media player Gina Rinehart and media baron Rupert Murdoch, and Abbott was introduced on the occasion by influential Melbourne columnist and broadcaster Andrew Bolt.
(15) The sites he studied were located around the Hope Downs mine (jointly owned by Rio Tinto and Gina Rinehart), and additional studies were carried out around a mine site near Tom Price and water bore fields that supply Port Hedland and Karratha.
(16) Gina Miller and the other plaintiffs in the court action were left to do what MPs should have done.
(17) Gina Rinehart's son, John Hancock, called his youngest sister "an oxygen thief", a Sydney court heard during the latest battle over control of the family's multibillion-dollar trust.
(18) You should also know Gina Miller, who took Brexit to the supreme court, has raised £300,000 to support pro-EU candidates in a tactical voting election initiative.
(19) Later that day, he will deliver the Lang Hancock lecture at Notre Dame, a lecture series sponsored by Hancock Prospecting , a mining company owned by Australia's richest person, Gina Rinehart.
(20) Police say the ordeal of Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, ended on Monday when Berry seized a chance to break free when Castro was out of the house.