(1) However, under conditions of low stringency, the DUG S and M RNA probes hybridised to the respective S and M segments of Ganjam (GAN) virus (another member of the NSD serogroup).
(2) The cause of GANS is unknown, but the hemiplegia following HZO is clearly due to a virus-induced vasculitis spread from the overlying Gasserian nucleus; the history of preceding herpes zoster ophthalmicus strongly suggests the diagnosis.
(3) Clinical manifestations of CMV infection started in the second month after HTx with fever in both groups CMV-organ manifestations developed in 50% (or 67% of infected) in CO (enterocolitis 2, pneumonitis 3, tonsillitis 1), and in 15% (or 50% of infected) in GAN (pneumonitis 2, epididymitis 1) NS.
(4) One such entity, noninfectious granulomatous angiitis of the nervous system (GANS), is an extremely rare disease with a predilection for leptomeningeal and parenchymal arteries and veins.
(5) This result was obtained from numerical generation of functions in which spermatozoa were modeled as Rayleigh-Gans-Debye ellipsoids having semiaxes a = 0.5 micrometer, b = 2.3 micrometer, and c = 9.0 micrometer.
(6) When it was her turn in front of Mengele [the murderous Auschwitz doctor who notoriously experimented on inmates], my mother told him that she was pregnant, hoping he would be compassionate ... Mengele snapped “ Du dumme gans ” [you stupid goose] and ordered her to the right.” That meant she had been chosen for forced labour, rather than the gas chamber.
(7) Average minimum neurofilament diameter was 12.4 nm in GAN compared with 10.1 nm in controls.
(8) Sural nerve biopsy revealed characteristic signs of GAN.
(9) This study investigated the effects of chronic GaN administration on bone, kidney, and parathyroid gland activity of growing rats.
(10) Changes in turbidity seen when chromaffin granule membrane ghosts are aggregated by Ca2+ can be modelled as dimerization of hollow spheres using Rayleigh-Gans-Debye light-scattering theory.
(11) A sero epidemiological study was carried out on human sera from all regions of New South Wales for the presence of antibodies to nine bunyaviruses viz Aino, Akabane, Belmont, Gan Gan, Kowanyama, mapputta, Peaton, Tinaroo, Trubanaman and the orbivirus Corriparta.
(12) A case of giant axonal neuropathy (GAN) in a boy of 4 years and 6 months, is reported.
(13) The normal sidearm protrusions which cross-bridge adjacent filaments were rare in GAN.
(14) In addition, we describe clinical improvement in a GAN patient treated with penicillamine, despite earlier progressive disease.
(15) The regulative effect to the levels of serum hormone was observed in the patients of Gan-Yu Pi-Xu type with this medicine.
(16) This study was of a series of the evaluation of Hachimi-Jio-Gan (Rehmannia Eight Formula, pa-wei-ti-huang-wan or Bawei dihuang wan) to the various cataracts.
(17) It is possible that GAN represents an inborn error of metabolism of enzyme-linked sulfhydryl containing proteins, resulting in impaired production of energy necessary for the normal organization of intermediate filaments.
(18) The results are as follows: Da-yuan-decoction, Gan-lu-xiao-du-pill, Lian-pu-decoction, Cai-hao-mixture, Da-huang-huang-lian-jie-du-decoction, Tao-ren-cheng-qi-decorction, Ge-gen-qin-lian-decoction, Yin-qiao-jie-du-decoction etc.
(19) It was proved that professor Zhan Qisun's tested recipe Sheng-Zhang-Ling(SZL) had an obvious effect in treating children with early stage of Gan-Zheng.
(20) Our findings strongly support GAN as a generalized IF disorder with MT segregation from NF in giant axons.
(n.) A species of cherry tree common in Europe (Prunus avium); also, the fruit, which is usually small and dark in color.