() The cheek; the feathered side of the under mandible of a bird.
() The part of the head to which the jaws of an insect are attached.
(1) We have used P1 transduction to create intergeneric hybrid strains of enteric bacteria by moving the genA and hut genes between Klebsiella aerogenes, Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimurium.
(2) Possible roles for GENA and P30 as transcriptional regulators of the adjacent operons encoding the pyruvate and 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complexes are discussed.
(3) The family contains the repressor of the Bacillus subtilis gluconate operon (GntR), the regulators for histidine utilization in Pseudomonas putida (HutCPp) and Klebsiella aerogenes (HutCKa), the repressor (FadR) of fatty acid degradation in Escherichia coli, a regulator involved in the conjugal transfer of the broad host range plasmid pIJ101 (KorA), and three proteins of unidentified function in E. coli (GenA, P30 and PhnF).
(4) The event gave honorary Oscars to Debbie Reynolds, Gena Rowlands and Spike Lee , while also serving as a fertile campaign ground for those hoping to be nominated for an Academy award themselves.
(5) I am very glad that Gena Afanasev [a witness for the prosecution who renounced his original testimony against Sentsov, saying it had been given under duress] was able to overcome his fear.
(6) Highly significant similarities were detected between the N-terminal region of P30 and those of GENA [the product of another unidentified gene (geneA) located upstream of the aceEF-lpd operon], and GNTR (a putative transcriptional repressor of the gluconate operon of Bacillus subtilis).
(7) In her opening remarks at the Governors awards, Isaacs addressed the attacks, saying: “All of us here stand in solidarity with France and the French people.” Late divas were remembered Facebook Twitter Pinterest Accepting her honorary Oscar, Gena Rowlands spent most of her speech recounting an interaction with her all-time favourite actor, Bette Davis, with whom she worked in 1979, on the television movie Strangers: the Story of a Mother and Daughter.
(8) Lee made the remarks on Saturday as he accepted an honorary Oscar at the film academy’s annual governors awards dinner in Hollywood, where Gena Rowlands and Debbie Reynolds were also honoured.
(9) The film of Persepolis, which was nominated for the best animated feature Oscar, features the voice of her all-time hero Iggy Pop, and those of Catherine Deneuve, Gena Rowlands and Chiara Mastroianni, as young Marjane.
(10) The nucleotide sequence of a 1,142-bp distal sequence of an unidentified gene (genF) located upstream of fumB was also defined and found to encode a product that is homologous to the product of another unidentified gene (genA), located downstream of the neighboring aspartase gene (aspA).
(1) The genesis of much of Rousey’s criticism about the woman who ran over Gina Carano, MMA’s first poster girl, stems from this.
(2) Australian mining magnate Gina Rinehart has reduced her stake in Fairfax Media, publisher of the Sydney Morning Herald and the Age newspapers, less than three weeks after she increased her investment in the group.
(3) Gina Miller: 'I’ve been told that "as a coloured woman", I’m not even human' Read more They must also establish what lawyers refer to as a “ justiciable controversy”, which is tougher.
(4) Some have speculated that it may be a clever trap because, if the children are liable for capital gains tax and are forced to sell their shares, the only person they can sell to is a lineal descendent of Lang Hancock – that is, Gina Rinehart.
(5) I wish I could wake up every day and have Gina Ford looking after me.'"
(6) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Victorious Gina Miller reacts to article 50 ruling: ‘This case was about process, not politics’ Although a related legal challenge failed in Northern Ireland’s high court, the claimants are expected to appeal against that decision, particularly on Brexit’s impact on the devolved legislation.
(7) Facebook Twitter Pinterest Gina Miller: ‘We have not just let ourselves down but I think the whole of Europe down’.
(8) Gina Rinehart’s Hancock Prospecting was the country’s largest privately owned taxpayer, paying $466m on a taxable income of $1.5bn in 2015.
(9) "And if you ask people if they think the likes of Gina Rinehart should be asked to pay a little bit more instead of attacking pensions or paying more to see the doctor, most people would say yes a well."
(10) But when the court adjourned for lunch, June Steenkamp could be seen shaking her head and putting an arm around another family member, while Steenkamp's friend Gina Myers openly wept.
(11) Gina Crawford was Katherine Russell’s best friend since elementary school.
(12) Watching from the public gallery were his brother Carl and sister Aimee, who held his hands in silent prayer before the 10-minute hearing, and Gina and Kim Myers, close friends of Steenkamp, who would have been celebrating her 30th birthday.
(13) Hywood assured staff the papers would remain independent and would not be influenced editorially by the company's largest shareholder, the mining magnate Gina Rinehart , who boosted her stake in Fairfax Media to 18.7% last week.
(14) Guests on the night included the reclusive mining magnate and media player Gina Rinehart and media baron Rupert Murdoch, and Abbott was introduced on the occasion by influential Melbourne columnist and broadcaster Andrew Bolt.
(15) The sites he studied were located around the Hope Downs mine (jointly owned by Rio Tinto and Gina Rinehart), and additional studies were carried out around a mine site near Tom Price and water bore fields that supply Port Hedland and Karratha.
(16) Gina Miller and the other plaintiffs in the court action were left to do what MPs should have done.
(17) Gina Rinehart's son, John Hancock, called his youngest sister "an oxygen thief", a Sydney court heard during the latest battle over control of the family's multibillion-dollar trust.
(18) You should also know Gina Miller, who took Brexit to the supreme court, has raised £300,000 to support pro-EU candidates in a tactical voting election initiative.
(19) Later that day, he will deliver the Lang Hancock lecture at Notre Dame, a lecture series sponsored by Hancock Prospecting , a mining company owned by Australia's richest person, Gina Rinehart.
(20) Police say the ordeal of Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32, ended on Monday when Berry seized a chance to break free when Castro was out of the house.