(n.) One of the great tendons situated in each side of the ham, or space back of the knee, and connected with the muscles of the back of the thigh.
(v. t.) To lame or disable by cutting the tendons of the ham or knee; to hough; hence, to cripple; to incapacitate; to disable.
(1) Paul Doyle Kick-off Sunday midday Venue St Mary’s Stadium Last season Southampton 2 Leicester City 2 Live Sky Sports 1 Referee Michael Oliver This season G 18, Y 60, R 1, 3.44 cards per game Odds H 5-6 A 4-1 D 5-2 Southampton Subs from Taylor, Martina, Stephens, Davis, Rodriguez, Sims, Ward-Prowse Doubtful Bertrand, Davis, Van Dijk (all match fitness) Injured Boufal (knee, Jan), Hesketh (ankle, Feb), Targett (hamstring, Feb), Austin (shoulder, Mar), Pied (knee, Jun), Gardos (knee, unknown) Suspended None Form DWLLLL Discipline Y37 R2 Leading scorer Austin 6 Leicester City Subs from Zieler, Hamer, Wasilewski, Gray, Fuchs, James, Okazaki, Hernández, Kapustka, King Doubtful None Injured None Suspended None Unavailable Amartey, Mahrez, Slimani (Africa Cup of Nations) Form LDLWDL Discipline Y44 R1 Leading scorers Slimani, Vardy 5
(2) The patients usually had a history of recurrent hamstring "tears."
(3) "With Jozy we've got to see how he now reacts the next couple days with his hamstring and we're full of hope that he comes back still in this tournament – and that's what we kind of work on every day," Klinsmann said.
(4) The manager added that City would also be without Kolo Touré, Abdul Razak and Jack Rodwell, who has a hamstring problem.
(5) Turnbull sat back waiting for the people to elect him | Kristina Keneally Read more We know all too well that things said during the heat of an election campaign can hamstring the work or political success of a government once elected.
(6) Liverpool have 11 players injured, six with hamstring problems of varying degrees, after Philippe Coutinho and Dejan Lovren joined their list in the first half of Tuesday’s Capital One Cup semi-final win at Stoke City .
(7) Ivanovic suffered a hamstring injury while on duty with Serbia.
(8) With Samuel Eto'o still suffering hamstring trouble, Torres or Demba Ba are likely to feature against Stoke City in the late kick-off on Saturday as Chelsea attempt to get their Premier League title challenge back on track.
(9) The EMG from the quadriceps and hamstring muscle groups was recorded and analyzed in three separate experimental procedures in which the knee was stressed.
(10) Patients in both groups used simultaneous contraction of quadriceps femoris and hamstring muscles during a training regimen that consisted of either voluntary exercise or electrical stimulation trials five days a week for a three-week period within the first six postoperative weeks.
(11) The operation of lateral transfer of the medial hamstring muscles is described.
(12) Özil was under par yet again at Bayern Munich in the Champions League last-16 second leg on Tuesday and was taken off at half-time with what was later described as a serious hamstring problem.
(13) If you look at teams around the league I bet you’ll find the number of injuries has definitely increased.” Liverpool’s walking wounded Philippe Coutinho Hamstring Dejan Lovren Hamstring Divock Origi Hamstring Daniel Sturridge Hamstring Martin Skrtel Hamstring Jordan Rossiter Hamstring Mamadou Sakho Knee Jordan Henderson Foot Joe Gomez Knee Danny Ings Knee
(14) So I think he’s been aware of it.” Shaw’s injury explains why Danny Rose of Tottenham Hotspur has been called up as an understudy for Leighton Baines in the left-back role , at a time when Kieran Gibbs is also unavailable because of his own hamstring injury.
(15) For Manchester City, Yaya Toure will return to their starting line-up, having been suspended for their match against Bayern Munich, but Micah Richards will miss today's game after limping off against Bayern with a hamstring injury.
(16) The update, though, is rather less positive about Aaron Ramsey, who was forced off against Leicester just nine minutes into a substitute’s cameo with his third hamstring injury of the season.
(17) Of fifty patients with low-back "strain", twenty-six had tender motor points and twenty-four did not, while forty-nine of fifty patients with radicular signs and symptoms suggesting disc involvement had tender motor points, and the one without such tender points had a hamstring contusion which limited straight leg raising.
(18) We want to go somewhere where people are enthusiastic to have a club like Chelsea.” Asked whether Japan would be the likeliest destination given the new association with Yokohama Rubber, particularly as the club’s pre-season tour will be to the United States, Mourinho said: “I don’t know but that would make some sense.” Scans on Wednesday confirmed Costa has recovered from the hamstring strain sustained in Chelsea’s 3-2 win at Hull just before the international window but he may not be risked from the start against Stoke.
(19) While Sergio Agüero has been known to leave it even later before sparing Manchester City’s blushes in the past, he could hardly have picked a better time to offer a reminder of the devastating qualities that make him the most potent striker in the Premier League when his troublesome hamstrings are not playing up.
(20) The reflex, which was evoked by intense mechanical or thermal stimulation of the foot, was recorded from the ipsilateral hamstring muscles.
(n.) A tough insensible cord, bundle, or band of fibrous connective tissue uniting a muscle with some other part; a sinew.
(1) Pain is not reported in the removal area, the clinical examinations show identical findings on both patellar tendons, X-ray and ultrasound evaluations do not demonstrate any change in patellar position.
(2) Achilles tendon overuse injuries exist as a spectrum of diseases ranging from inflammation of the paratendinous tissue (paratenonitis), to structural degeneration of the tendon (tendinosis), and finally tendon rupture.
(3) In case of isolated damage of deep flexor tendon of the II-V fingers at the level of the I zone there were made palliative operations of 12 fingers: tenodesis and arthrodesis of distal interphalangeal articulation in functionally advantageous position.
(4) A distally based posterior tibial artery adipofascial flap with skin graft was used for the reconstruction of soft tissue defects over the Achilles tendon in three cases and over the heel in three cases.
(5) Tendon (T) and Hoffmann (H) reflexes were analyzed during static stretching (SS).
(6) The results may be summarized as follows: (1) The tendon tissues of the two main groups compared, differ structurally in several respects.
(7) The surgical procedure, using a dispensable tendon, could be directly associated to the sutures of the proximal injuries of the cubital nerve as a temporary palliative.
(8) The etiology, diagnosis and surgical treatment of stenosing tenosynovitis of the peroneal tendons is presented.
(9) On the other hand, ultraviolet (320-nm) light, absorbed by 3-hydroxy-pyridinium cross-links which were rapidly photolyzed, partially dissociated polymeric collagen aggregates from bovine Achilles tendon after subsequent heating.
(10) We attribute the greater strength of the step-cut repair to the additional number of epitendinous loops, which lie perpendicular to the long axis of the tendon.
(11) The authors tested their own technique, using transplants or implants of corium, fascia, dura mater and polyester net, internally in the tendons, fastening them with an external cross suture.
(12) Tension in flexor tendons during wrist flexion may play a role in otherwise unexplained instances of the carpal tunnel syndrome.
(13) This phenomenon can have a special significance for defining the vitality in inflammation of bone tissue, in burns and in necrosis of soft tissues a.a. of the Achilles tendon.
(14) While tonic pupil and reduced sweating can be attributed to the affection of postganglionic cholinergic parasympathetic and sympathetic fibres projecting to the iris and sweat glands, respectively, the pathogenesis of diminished or lost tendon jerks remains obscure.
(15) The author maintains that the osteoma of the brachial muscle as well as post-traumatic periarticular calcifications, occur in the muscle mass or in the tendon that prolongs it, or in the articular capsule, as a result of surgical treament and post-operative immobilization, and only exceptionally following orthopaedic treatment of traumatic lesions.
(16) Small extensions from the distopalmar outpouchings were seen and extended axially into the fibers of the suspensory ligament or between the suspensory ligament and the distal accessory ligament of the deep digital flexor tendon.
(17) Medial canthal tendon resection and tucks or transnasal wiring are then performed.
(18) The number of motor units which produced either an 'unloading' or an 'off response' exceeded, on average, the number of motor units which excited the same tendon organ.
(19) This method was used in 51 cut tendons in 38 patients.
(20) Tendon organ units consistently showed ;in series' response patterns during muscle contractions.