(1) The IL-8 isolated from each of these cell types is a mixture of two IL-8 polypeptides, one consisting of 72 amino acids (herein called [ser-IL-8]72) and the other 77 amino acids (an N-terminal extended form herein called [ala-IL-8]77).
(2) Several aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases are herein shown to catalyze the AMP----ADP and ADP----ATP exchange reactions (in the absence of tRNAs) by utilizing a transfer of the gamma-phosphate of ATP to reactive AMP and ADP intermediates that are probably the mixed anhydrides of the nucleotide and the corresponding amino acid.
(3) The antibiotic mixture, utilized herein, was more effective in suppressing bacteria contained in samples from patients than a medium containing cycloheximide and chloramphenicol.
(4) The mechanisms responsible for the stimulation of insulin release from the pancreatic beta-cell by hypoglycemic sulfonylureas are reviewed herein.
(5) Alternatively, the data presented herein strongly suggest that diets containing conventional quantities of fat, in which saturated fat is replaced by unsaturated fat and dietary cholesterol reduced, would result in the desired reductions to total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations without the adverse effects of increased postprandial glucose and insulin concentrations, increased fasting and postprandial total and very-low-density lipoprotein triglyceride concentrations, and decreased fasting high-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations.
(6) The technique described herein provides a rapid and accurate means for deriving flow-volume and time domain indices from a volume-time spirogram.
(7) Affinity constants, binding kinetics and serum concentrations of hSHBG from individuals having a 4-band pattern were similar to those obtained in individuals with a 2-band pattern, thus suggesting that the mechanism responsible for the generation of polymorphic variants of hSHBG reported herein did not involve the steroid binding site of the molecule.
(8) We describe herein, a new unstable mutant of the vestigial locus, isolated from a French natural population.
(9) The results obtained by our laboratory using the optimized assay described herein demonstrate that this test can play an important role in the evaluation of an infertile man.
(10) A new case of this lesion, whose acrosyringeal differentiation was underlined by an immunohistological study using antibodies to keratin and involucrin, is reported herein.
(11) Alterations in the status of hormone-sensitive adenylate cyclase components, such as those described herein, may be biochemical mechanism(s) by which adipose tissue shows a decreased lipolytic response during recovery from lactation.
(12) The committee developed positions on seven of these and these positions are presented herein.
(13) Herein, we demonstrate that B10.S (H-2s) and B10 (H-2b) H-2 congenic strains recognize distinct T-cell sites within the p120-140 (a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues 120-140 of HBcAg) sequence defined by p120-131 and p129-140, respectively.
(14) Thirteen malignant diseases were identified in 12 of the 23 patients reported herein.
(15) The aim herein was to use 31P nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to study the effects of bilirubin on brain energy metabolism in vitro under conditions of normoxia and hypoxia.
(16) Based on the similarities of its domains with various binding elements of other proteins, we suggest that the large fibroblast proteoglycan, herein referred to as versican, may function in cell recognition, possibly by connecting extracellular matrix components and cell surface glycoproteins.
(17) Described herein is a simple, efficient, inexpensive, reproducible, and safe procedure using Peldri II, a proprietary fluorocarbon compound that is solid at room temperature and a liquid above 25 degrees C, as a sublimation dehydrant for processing specimens for SEM.
(18) The technique described herein differs from previously described techniques in the operation upon the donor.
(19) We report herein that one such subpopulation has a high affinity for the human insulin receptor.
(20) The State of California Alzheimer's Disease Diagnostic and Treatment Centers (ADDTC) herein propose criteria for the diagnosis of ischemic vascular dementia (IVD).
(n.) A mist, or very fine rain, which sometimes falls from a clear sky a few moments after sunset.