(1) Herewith, the authors present a patient with a ruptured aneurysm of the anterior spinal artery associated with dural AVM of the posterior fossa.
(2) The indication herewith is more founded on a possible sympathetic origin of the troubles as on the comportment psycho-affective of the patient.
(3) Herewith, the halosubstituent is replaced by a hydrogen atom.
(4) An attempt has herewith been made to evaluate these implications on the basis of data available.
(5) This method described herewith has several advantages, and allows the analysis of two tissues at the same time for a large number of adrenal steroids within two weeks.
(6) Studies were conducted in order to evaluate the efficacy of different ultraviolet wavelength regions for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, the risks associated herewith and the in vivo effect of ultraviolet radiation (UVR) on the bacterial skin flora.
(7) We are herewith reporting our initial clinical experience with this technique.
(8) The clinical, microbiological, radiological and sonographical finding of 50 patients with tuberculosis and HIV infection are herewith described.
(9) We herewith present a study designed to clarify the issue and offer firm criteria for histological differentiation of the nevus in point from malignant melanoma.
(10) The allograft implantation between HLA-genetically-identical siblings, HLA-aploidentical family members or HLA-phenotypically identical donor-recipient couples are herewith examined, while the autologous bone marrow rescue approach is not taken into consideration.
(11) We present herewith several cases of this entity to emphasise the insidious nature of the disease, the extent of ocular damage it can cause, and the importance of early detection and treatment.
(12) In a group of 274 urological patients, the reasons and consequences of long-term intake of phenacetin-containing compounds are herewith demonstrated.
(13) A photoacoustic (PA) effect theory taking into account two heat sources corresponding to the radiationless relaxation processes of two states of different lifetimes and to the heat diffusion across the sample is herewith presented.
(14) Finally, a selected group of patients with metastatic disease confined to the pelvis who were treated with curative intent is presented herewith and compared to a much larger group of patients with metastatic disease who were treated palliatively.
(15) The clinical and pathological results of our study carried out in a group of 21 cases ki-1 positive lymphomas is herewith reported.
(16) The advantage of the herewith presented v-shaped unilateral external fixator lies in the combination of the stability characters of the v-shaped mounting with the convenience of the unilateral lay-out.
(17) Since the complications herewith presented as a consequence of surgical renal biopsy are really exceptional and references found in the existing literature rare, we have considered that the contribution of these two cases which developed a pneumomediastinum-pneumoperitoneum and pneumocele prespectively during the immediate post-surgical period would be of interest.
(18) According to the theory presented herewith, chemotherapy ultimately fails since it is based on wrong premises.
(19) The preparation, physical characterization and effects of microcapsules containing the monosialoganglioside GM1 in an in vivo rat model are described herewith.
(20) Three additional instances of solitary and histologically proven osseous metastasis of malignant gastric neoplasms have been observed and treated at Memorial Hospital during the years 1949 through 1969, and are herewith reported.
(adv.) By which; -- used relatively.
(adv.) By what; how; -- used interrogatively.
(1) Together these observations suggest that cytotactin is an endogenous cell surface modulatory protein and provide a possible mechanism whereby cytotactin may contribute to pattern formation during development, regeneration, tumorigenesis, and wound healing.
(2) The method described uses film DOT-I and DOT-II by Dupont, whereby the exposure of the step wedge takes place on a linear accelerator with a photo energy of 10 MeV.
(3) The present data support the hypothesis whereby weakly oncogenic B-ecotropic viruses similar to those activated by radiation might be involved in the development of TL.
(4) Indications of precautions to be taken are defined and suggestions are drawn up whereby residual laxity in extension may be limited.
(5) Mechanisms are suggested whereby rudimentary appetitive programs already encoded along facing dendrite membrane pairs within the specialized intrafascicular milieu, may trigger and control nipple search and suckling in the still blind and only primitively mobile neonate.
(6) Because the mechanism whereby Shigella dysenteriae I enterotoxin induces intestinal secretion is unclear, the effect of this toxin on adenylate cyclase activity in rabbit ileal mucosa was studied under various in vitro and in vivo conditions.
(7) Completely unknown is the mechanism whereby NADH oxidation and growth or growth control may be coupled.
(8) Possible mechanisms whereby proteolytic cleavage of VP2 may enhance the infectivity and HA activity of BTV 20 are discussed.
(9) A simplified procedure is described whereby tissue is removed via a posterior eyelid approach so that the eyelid may be tightened both horizontally and vertically, thus inverting the punctum and fixating it in the lacrimal lake.
(10) The authors describe several recent court cases in which judges have ignored or distorted acceptable clinical practices, conceivably creating a new liability standard whereby a tragic outcome is considered the result of failure to apply appropriate judgment.
(11) Since the temperature of the monkey was unchanged as long as the physiological ratio of sodium to calcium in the perfusion fluid remained constant, we conclude that the balance between these two essential cations within the brain stem could determine the neural mechanism whereby the set-point for body temperature of the primate is established.
(12) Physical disruption of the gut mucosal barrier appears to be the primary mechanism whereby endotoxin promotes bacterial translocation.
(13) That does not translate magically into a conflict of interest whereby the interests of these lawyers is suddenly contrary to those of the defendants,” Ryan argued to Pohl.
(14) Our aim was to determine the mechanism whereby oligohydroamnios causes reduced fetal lung expansion and eventual lung hypoplasia.
(15) This requires multiple insulin injections, whereby 60 to 70% of the total daily insulin amount are administered as preprandial boli of short or intermediate acting insulin.
(16) That would mark a controversial break from its existing policy, whereby the ECB offsets bond purchases by draining liquidity from the system in separate operations.
(17) Chilcot has now embarked on the “Maxwellisation process”, whereby those the inquiry intends to criticise will be sent draft passages of the report for comment.
(18) The mechanism whereby deferoxamine (DF) inhibits the growth of malaria parasites was studied in rats infected with Plasmodium berghei.
(19) K+ release from 2-10 min minus initial K+ uptake) increased from 0.1 to 2.2 mumol X g-1 liver, whereby simultaneously the alanine tissue level rose from 6.8 to 13.3 mumol X g-1 (corresponding to an increase of the intracellular alanine concentration from about 12 to 25 mM) in presence of aminooxyacetate.
(20) Ultrastructural investigations involved a novel method whereby thick sections of gluteraldehyde-fixed material were cut on a vibratome and then labelled using slight modifications of a standard unlabelled antibody-enzyme (PAP) technique, before further processing.