(1) Herewith, the authors present a patient with a ruptured aneurysm of the anterior spinal artery associated with dural AVM of the posterior fossa.
(2) The indication herewith is more founded on a possible sympathetic origin of the troubles as on the comportment psycho-affective of the patient.
(3) Herewith, the halosubstituent is replaced by a hydrogen atom.
(4) An attempt has herewith been made to evaluate these implications on the basis of data available.
(5) This method described herewith has several advantages, and allows the analysis of two tissues at the same time for a large number of adrenal steroids within two weeks.
(6) Studies were conducted in order to evaluate the efficacy of different ultraviolet wavelength regions for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, the risks associated herewith and the in vivo effect of ultraviolet radiation (UVR) on the bacterial skin flora.
(7) We are herewith reporting our initial clinical experience with this technique.
(8) The clinical, microbiological, radiological and sonographical finding of 50 patients with tuberculosis and HIV infection are herewith described.
(9) We herewith present a study designed to clarify the issue and offer firm criteria for histological differentiation of the nevus in point from malignant melanoma.
(10) The allograft implantation between HLA-genetically-identical siblings, HLA-aploidentical family members or HLA-phenotypically identical donor-recipient couples are herewith examined, while the autologous bone marrow rescue approach is not taken into consideration.
(11) We present herewith several cases of this entity to emphasise the insidious nature of the disease, the extent of ocular damage it can cause, and the importance of early detection and treatment.
(12) In a group of 274 urological patients, the reasons and consequences of long-term intake of phenacetin-containing compounds are herewith demonstrated.
(13) A photoacoustic (PA) effect theory taking into account two heat sources corresponding to the radiationless relaxation processes of two states of different lifetimes and to the heat diffusion across the sample is herewith presented.
(14) Finally, a selected group of patients with metastatic disease confined to the pelvis who were treated with curative intent is presented herewith and compared to a much larger group of patients with metastatic disease who were treated palliatively.
(15) The clinical and pathological results of our study carried out in a group of 21 cases ki-1 positive lymphomas is herewith reported.
(16) The advantage of the herewith presented v-shaped unilateral external fixator lies in the combination of the stability characters of the v-shaped mounting with the convenience of the unilateral lay-out.
(17) Since the complications herewith presented as a consequence of surgical renal biopsy are really exceptional and references found in the existing literature rare, we have considered that the contribution of these two cases which developed a pneumomediastinum-pneumoperitoneum and pneumocele prespectively during the immediate post-surgical period would be of interest.
(18) According to the theory presented herewith, chemotherapy ultimately fails since it is based on wrong premises.
(19) The preparation, physical characterization and effects of microcapsules containing the monosialoganglioside GM1 in an in vivo rat model are described herewith.
(20) Three additional instances of solitary and histologically proven osseous metastasis of malignant gastric neoplasms have been observed and treated at Memorial Hospital during the years 1949 through 1969, and are herewith reported.
(adv.) Upon which; in consequence of which; after which.
(1) The animals were killed after an abstinence of 4 weeks, whereupon the concentrations of noradrenaline (NA), dopamine (DA), serotonin (5-HT) and 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid (5-HIAA) were determined in the frontal cortex.
(2) Whereupon Madonna's PR guy Trevor Neilson (who doesn't seem to be too great at his job judging by the way in which a routine baby-hugging photo-op has descended into a hilarious international shitshow) hit back, giving quotes to The Globe and Mail reporter Geoffrey York.
(3) The hormone-receptor complexes are then translocated to the nucleus, in an "activated" form, whereupon they are bound to the target cell genome.
(4) Thresholds for the response are near 0.05 mA and the stimulus intensity curve is linear to 0.4 mA whereupon the pressure rise and tachycardia begin to approach a plateau value.
(5) In three patients, carbamazepine was withdrawn, whereupon the deposits disappeared in two and decreased in the third, who changed to another drug.
(6) The first of them came after 90 seconds, when, taking a free kick from the edge of the penalty box, his feint drew Johnston aside in the wall, whereupon Hidegkuti shot through the gap, to beat Gil Merrick, an erratic keeper that day.
(7) After observing a couple of weeks of bickering over who would get what time, we threatened to remove them again, whereupon the boys negotiated with each other and came up with an equitable time-sharing agreement.
(8) The scheme is as follows; phosphatidylcholine associated with high density lipoproteins exchanges with the erythrocyte membrane phospholipids, the neutral phospholipids undergo two dimensional translational and rotational motion and also flip between each layer of the bilayer thus becoming exposed to an intracellularly-located phospholipase-D, whereupon the choline is hydrolysed and released into the intracellular milieu.
(9) Nitrogen balances were not significantly different unless analysis of covariance was used to adjust for the nitrogen intakes, whereupon all treatment groups showed improved balance, especially the animals treated with the low IGF-I dose and des(1-3)IGF-I (both P less than 0.01).
(10) The ether phospholipid platelet-activating factor (PAF) has been generally assumed to be released into the extracellular environment by the cells of origin, whereupon it effects its well-known mediator functions.
(11) Whereupon Gore uttered the immortal phrase: "But what about the Dingle-Norwood bill?"
(12) Severe leucopenia was observed in 2 patients, whereupon therapy was definitely withdrawn.
(13) Whereupon Gove went back into his customary role of baiting Hunt for making up Labour's education policy on the hoof.
(14) We report a case of a 20-year-ol women whose pineal region tumour was irradiated, whereupon a unilateral low-frequency resting and intention tremor developed.
(15) In the disk, the region proximal to the RNA binding site is in a random coil until the RNA binds, whereupon the 24 residues involved build a well-defined structure, thereby encapsulating the RNA.
(16) The latter increased again rapidly to rates above normal until antigen expression reached normal level, whereupon the protein synthesis rate decreased to normal.
(17) The temperature of dispersions caused no increase in CF release until the gel-to-liquid crystalline transition temperature was exceeded (54.6 degrees C), whereupon a 20% increase in leakage was observed after 80 min of nebulization.
(18) The key step in the preparation of 15 was the epoxide-ring opening of methyl 2,3-anhydro-4-O-benzyl-6-deoxy-alpha-L-gulopyranoside with KHF2 in ethylene glycol, whereupon 2-fluoro-alpha-L-idopyranoside was obtained.
(19) It is concluded that inhibition of thrombin adsorbed on the heparin surface occurs as follows: Added AT adheres to high affinity heparin fragments on the surface whereupon adsorbed thrombin migrates in the hydrophilic heparin coating towards the reaction site of AT and becomes inhibited.
(20) They made the second round for the first time in 2002, whereupon a combined South Korea & Matchday Officials outfit breezed past Italy and Spain to make the semis.