(n.) A female demon who torments people in sleep by crouching on their chests or stomachs, or by causing terrifying visions.
(n.) The Patagonian cavy (Dolichotis Patagonicus).
(1) (“The Dynasty of Bush” sounds like a terribly disparaging term for Linda Evans, Kate O’Mara and Joan Collins .
(2) From one phasmid, several marA-containing fragments were cloned: those of greater than or equal to 7.8 kbp restored the ability to form Mar mutants in a deletion strain.
(3) Insertion of Tn5 into marA (min 34.05 on the chromosome) led to a return of the wild-type patterns of norfloxacin accumulation, fluoroquinolone and other antimicrobial agent susceptibilities, and outer membrane protein profile, including partial restoration of OmpF.
(4) O'Mara also asked the jurors about when they thought self-defense could be used.
(5) Emily ( Rooney Mara ), a young woman being treated by Banks for depression, threatens to move to another doctor if Banks doesn't give her the course of treatment she wants.
(6) The deletion strain could be complemented in trans by introduction of intact marA+ on plasmid F'506.
(7) There may be lingering doubts over whether Meryl Streep , Viola Davis or outside bet Rooney Mara will claim the Academy Award for best actress later this month, and no-one is absolutely certain if Jean Dujardin , George Clooney or Gary Oldman will be picking up the equivalent male gong at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.
(8) Amblyomma cohaerens nymphs, which had been collected as engorged larvae from African buffalo (Syncerus caffer) in the Mara region of Kenya, transmitted a theilerial parasite to a steer.
(9) Mara And Dann, An Adventure, is published by Flamingo at £16.99 Life at a glance Doris May Lessing Born: October 22, 1919; Kermanshahan, Persia (now Iran).
(10) Before his election, he worked as an event organiser and, before that, as a press, parliamentary and campaigns officer for a national disability rights charity.“Having a disability can make us more passionate, resilient, empathetic and hard working,” O’Mara said in an interview last year.
(11) Asked if Zimmerman was scared for his future, O'Mara said: "I think he's going to be great, I think he's still worried and hopefully everyone will respect the jury's verdict as they should and most have said they will, and we'll take it day by day.
(12) Numerous media have followed, including one conservative publication that’s gone as far as to blame the environmental plans of the province’s new leftist government, but there’s no evidence to support this, says Mara Grunau of Canada’s Centre for Suicide Prevention director.
(13) O'Mara, however, argued successfully that the science behind their testimony failed to meet Florida's stringent legal standards and Judge Nelson ordered that neither expert could take the stand during the trial because it would "confuse issues [and] mislead the jury".
(14) Lisa Nandy, who chairs the parliamentary group on corporate responsibility, said the North Mara mine had 'a major problem'.
(15) "What I find most inspiring is how she expresses her sensuality," says Mara Carlyle, who made one of last year's most critically lauded albums, Floreat.
(16) Nymphal Rhipicephalus appendiculatus (Trans-Mara) were fed on a steer infected with a Theileria parva parva (Kilae 1) stock isolated from an indigenous steer in the Trans-Mara Division, Kenya, which had a high piroplasm parasitaemia.
(17) Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda objected multiple times during O'Mara's line of questioning, eventually leading to Judge Debra Nelson to twice read what will be the jury instruction once the final jury is selection.
(18) Fan ire over casting – the movie features Miles Teller as Mr Fantastic, Kate Mara as Invisible Woman, Michael B Jordan as The Human Torch and Jamie Bell as The Thing – would appear to be a storm in a superhero tea cup.
(19) We will be delving into [the report], we will be reviewing that to see what is in there is accurate, which is inaccurate, which is a misstatement, which are examples that may be factual, may not be factual.” “Other parts of the country have shown outrage at this type of behavior by police,” said Mara Brown of Cleveland, an emergency medical technician, “but Cleveland has a history of using many types of devices – from the business leaders ignoring things to control of the media to political leaders favoring the status quo – to keep things quiet.” At the grocery store in Cleveland’s Glenville neighborhood where Jones was killed hardly anyone was around on Monday afternoon.
(20) It started with a week's safari in the Masai Mara, where they saw zebras, wildebeest and a cheetah with her spiky-haired cub.
(n.) A piece of Turkish money, usually copper, the fortieth part of a piaster, or about one ninth of a cent.
(1) Allergic photocontact dermatitis developed in a patient to a commercial sunscreen preparation containing para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) in an alcohol base.
(2) There was also a significant increase in the mitochondrial proton conductance pathway of brown adipose tissue, assessed from the binding of guanosine diphosphate (GDP) to mitochondria isolated from the interscapular (89% above control) and perirenal and para-aortic depots (130%).
(3) This stimulation is mediated by one receptor with an apparent affinity of 3.3 X 10(-6) M. The hydroxyl group in the para position on phenylethanolamine was absolutely necessary to obtain an agonist whereas the meta hydroxyl group or the presence of a catechol almost suppressed the activity.
(4) A case of alcoholic ketoacidosis in a 23-year-old chronic alcoholic, gravada V, para IV, is reported.
(5) También puedes usar la aplicación para smartphones GuardianWitness o entrar en la nueva app del Guardian y buscar “GuardianWitness assignments”.
(6) Following the acquisition of stable baseline decremental bar-pressing performance, animals were given injections of either the serotonin-depleting drug, para-chlorophenylalanine (PCPA), or the catecholamine-depleting drug, alpha-methyl-para-tyrosine (AMPT).
(7) Bis-para-nitrophenyl phosphate, an inhibitor of esterase and amidase enzymes, prevented the necrosis caused by iproniazid but had no effect on the necrosis caused by isopropylhydrazine.
(8) Review of the results of treatment of 275 patients with testicular teratomas indicates that the size of para-aortic node metastases as defined by lymphography is closely related to prognosis, and that accurate definition of these metastases is essential in planning treatment.
(9) Substitution of para-ethoxyamphetamine (PEA), para-methoxyamphetamine (PMA), or saline produced similar results; in all cases responding decreased substantially.
(10) Intraoperative assessment of the depth of myometrial invasion is a simple, inexpensive, and useful technique for selecting those patients with stage I endometrial adenocarcinoma who might benefit from selective para-aortic lymphadenectomy.
(11) A defined germination medium (DGM) comprised of L-alanine, L-glutamic acid, adenosine, para-aminobenzoic acid, and calcium and magnesium ions provided a germination rate nearly equal to that of complex media.
(12) Transformation by PARA particles followed one-hit kinetics with a ratio of 1 focus-forming unit per 250 plaque-forming units.
(13) Introduction of a carboxy group to the para position of their aglycone yielded derivatives with far lower initiator activity.
(14) For mustards linked to the acridine by a short alkyl chain through a para O- or S-link group, 5'-GT sequences are the most preferred sites at which N7-guanine alkylation occurs.
(15) Several positive (in the ortho- and meta-position of the phenyl group) and negative (in the para-position of the phenyl group; beyond the N-methyl group) interaction regions were identified.
(16) Agglutination tests demonstrated that the promastigotes of human Leishmania reacted only with the neoglycoproteins N-acetyl-D-galactosamine-para-aminophenyl-bovine serum albumin (gal-NAc-BSA) and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine-para-amino-phenyl-bovine serum albumin (glcNAc-BSA), whereas the amastigote forms failed to react with the neoglycoproteins.
(17) The ability of the various inhibitors to suppress alkaline phosphatase-promoted receptor transformation does not correspond well with their potencies for inhibiting para-nitrophenyl phosphate hydrolysis.
(18) The case is described of a 26-year olf woman, gravida 2, para 1, who presented with failure to conceive 18 months after revomal of a Lippes Loop IUD worn for 12 months.
(19) Inulin clearance was minimally enhanced, and para-aminohippuran clearance was slightly decreased by candoxatril in both groups.
(20) The average patient was 26 years of age, gravida 4, para 2, abortion 1.