(1) The beach curved around us and the sun shone while the rest of the UK shivered under grey skies and sleet.
(2) The case shone a light on the poor conditions inside Egyptian prisons, and the often arbitrary nature of Egypt’s judicial system.
(3) The case of a 15-month-old patient with Shone's anomaly is reported.
(4) In an impassioned speech that invoked his parents' past as refugees, Miliband told Labour voters and activists in Cumbernauld: "The values of the Scottish people have shone through in this referendum campaign, whatever side that they're on, the values of justice, of fairness and equality.
(5) Afterwards all sides claimed victory, but there was widespread agreement that Fiorina, the former head of Hewlett-Packard, shone as an articulate, forceful outsider who hammered Trump as well as Hillary Clinton, the Democratic frontrunner whose name came up 32 times.
(6) The financial crisis represents an opportunity for responsible investing The global economic crisis left investors reeling and shone a light on some of the worst practices within financial markets.
(7) There was no intention to exploit anyone or indeed supply cheap labour; our time in training and people investment shone through on the day with compliments from officials at how well turned out and efficient our team was.
(8) Since a hugely disappointing 2015 European Under-21 Championship when England finished bottom of their group , Southgate’s latest crop have shone.
(9) Another co-author, John Hemingway, is the grandson of Ernest Hemingway , who shone a spotlight on the San Fermín festival in his 1926 novel The Sun Also Rises.
(10) However, government officials were forced to respond to the film, not least when an outcry in China following the film's Oscar nomination shone a spotlight on the Chinese victims of the death squads.
(11) The sun shone continuously, our little tent seemed great fun and we travelled around in a lovely (if temperamental) convertible sports car.
(12) 3 ) Stoke’s three-pointed star has shone brighter When on song Stoke’s three star turns form a kind of Bermuda Triangle that suck in opposition defences via their devilry on and off the ball.
(13) Press scrutiny, which has shone light on the close links between some senior Podemos people and Venezuela, also hurt their brand just before March 22 elections for the parliament of the strongly socialist southern region of Andalucia, where they nevertheless doubled their vote (from European elections) to 15%.
(14) Jeremain Lens, an £8.5m signing from Dynamo Kyiv, shone against Swansea, as did Yann M’Vila, who is on loan from Rubin Kazan, but the summer’s other signings, Adam Matthews (£2m from Celtic), Younès Kaboul (£3m from Tottenham) and Sebastián Coates (£2m from Liverpool) are yet to impress.
(15) To assess operative results and late outcome, we reviewed the records of 30 consecutive patients seen with Shone's anomaly at our institution between 1966 and 1989.
(16) The case has shone an unflattering light on the Horn of Africa country and the fledgling institutions put in place with western support after two decades of civil war.
(17) The five-week trial, which has cost millions of pounds, shone a light on the alleged criminal career of a man who was described during evidence as too big for the Metropolitan police to tackle.
(18) With Thursday's assault quickly followed by Golden Dawn attacks on socialist MPs campaigning in northern Greece and leftwing students at Athens' Panteion University, there are mounting concerns that the darkening mood could be a precursor of worse to come – even if Kasidiaris's explosive temper has shone a spotlight on the party as never before.
(19) Outside, the sun shone and temperatures soared into the mid-20s.
(20) The sharp increase in the number of executions in the kingdom has alarmed human rights groups and shone a light, albeit a faint one, on the judicial practices of one of the most secretive societies in the world.
(p. p.) of Show
() p. p. of Show.
(1) It was shown that delta F508 frequency of CF-patients was 59.2%, the frequencies of S5491, G551D and K533X were about 1%.
(2) We have determined the genomic structure of the fosB gene and shown that it consists of 4 exons and 3 introns at positions also found in the c-fos gene.
(3) Recently, it has been shown that radiation therapy, alone or combined with chemotherapy, can be successful.
(4) It was shown in experiments on four dogs by the conditioned method that the period of recovery of conditioned activity after one hour ether anaesthesia tested 7 to 7.5 days.
(5) We have previously shown that serotonin is present in secretory granules of frog adrenochromaffin cells; concurrently, we have demonstrated that serotonin is a potent stimulator of corticosterone and aldosterone secretion by adrenocortical cells.
(6) Extensive studies during recent years have shown that the interaction between hormone and membrane-bound receptor can affect the receptor characteristics in at least two ways.
(7) It has been shown by LM and transmission electron microscopy that cells with blebs are viable and capable of mitotic activity.
(8) Past imaging techniques shown in the courtroom have made the conventional rules of evidence more difficult because of the different informational content and format required for presentation of these data.
(9) We have previously shown that intratracheally instilled silica (quartz) produces both morphologic evidence of emphysema and small-airway changes, and functional evidence of airflow obstruction.
(10) Completeness of isolation of the coronary and systemic circulations was shown by the marked difference in appearance times between the reflex hypotensive responses from catecholamine injections into the isolated coronary circulation and the direct hypertensive response from a similar injection when the circulations were connected as well as by the marked difference between the pressure pulses recorded simultaneously on both sides of the aortic balloon separating the two circulations.4.
(11) Recent studies have shown that an aberration in platelet-derived growth factor gene expression is unlikely to be a factor in proliferation of smooth-muscle cells.
(12) Mitonafide is the lead compound of a new series of antitumor drugs, the 3-Nitronaphthalimides, which have shown antineoplastic activity in vitro as well as in vivo.
(13) It was also shown that after a shock at 44 degrees C teratocarcinoma cells were able to accumulate anomalous amounts of hsp 70 despite hsp 70 synthesis inhibition.
(14) A specimen of a very early ovum, 4 to 6 days old, shown in the luminal form of imbedding before any hemorrhage has taken place, confirms that the luminal form of imbedding does occur.
(15) In order to determine the extent of this similarity, I have developed a panel of probes for many of the Pacl restriction fragments and have shown that most of the Pacl and Notl fragments found in MBa are also present in MBb.
(16) The lipid A moiety was shown to be responsible for this novel biological activity of the LPS molecule.
(17) Numerical results for the population of England and Wales are shown.
(18) SD is shown to have therapeutic and differential diagnostic significance in varying pathological conditions of cerebral dopaminergic systems.
(19) Further purification of ZAB by filtration through Sephadex G-100 gave a preparation (ZAB2) which contained the common antigen as shown by the cross-reactivity of anti-ZAB2 rat serum with seven stains of N. gonorrhoeae.
(20) No correlation between volatile make up and geography was found, but the profiling procedures are shown to be of use in the forensic problem of relating samples to a common source.