(1) In January, West Coast Capital (USC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Sports Direct, entered a “pre-pack” administration whereby the business was shorn of some staff and debts and then immediately bought back by another division of Sports Direct.
(2) The plasma insulin concentration was significantly reduced during NA treatment in the unshorn group, but was unchanged in shorn animals.
(3) Cooling of expired air would be expected to lead to recovery of some of the water evaporated during inspiration; at 20 degrees C air temperature, this fraction was estimated to be 25% in unshorn sheep and 36% in shorn sheep.
(4) The concentration of oxygen and carbon dioxide in blood was significantly higher in shorn animals during saline infusion, but this difference between shorn and unshorn groups was removed by NA infusion.
(5) Under temperatures > 25 degrees C, sheep presented a decrease of RBC, WBC, HB and HT, these differences being greater in the shorn than in the unshorn animals.
(6) All animals were observed four times, then shorn and observed four times again.
(7) But it would have been oh so different if Atlético had a keeper shorn of the sort of skill and reflexes that have made Thibaut Courtois one of the best, as well as one of the most sought-after, young goalkeepers in the game.
(8) In all genetic constructions the male, older and shorn animals had a significantly higher (alpha less than 0.05) blood level of glutathione.
(9) Nerves infected a United team shorn of their strutting leader and they allowed Blackburn to creep over the line for the title.
(10) There was no significant difference between shorn and unshorn animals in the contribution of glucose to CO2 output or in the proportion of glucose entry rate oxidized.
(11) There was a 47% increase in glucose oxidation rate in shorn ewes but there was no significant difference in the proportion of total heat production which was derived from glucose.
(12) Whole-body, hind-limb and uterine tissue metabolism of glucose was studied using a combination of isotopic and arterio-venous difference techniques in shorn and unshorn pregnant sheep over the final 4 weeks of pregnancy.
(13) England – like Wales, Scotland, Ireland – shorn of imperial overhang (after the Syrian vote no idle fantasy perhaps) and infused with a new sense of possibility could also be a smaller, smarter state, if that's what the people wanted.
(14) In a number of experiments on shorn animals scrotal heating was continued for more than 100 min.
(15) The hills of Britain have been sheepwrecked – stripped of their vegetation, emptied of wildlife, shorn of their capacity to hold water and carbon – all in the cause of minuscule productivity.
(16) This effect may be mediated via a significant rise in plasma T3 concentration in the shorn group.
(17) Quarterback Russell Wilson – shorn of his best weapon after Percy Harvin left the game with a concussion – completed just nine of 18 passes for 103 yards.
(18) It would be a Tory government, quite possibly led by Boris Johnson and backed by Nigel Farage, that would negotiate the worst of all worlds: a free market free-for-all shorn of rights and protections.
(19) On the cash-strapped Independent, they worry the money will dry up if Lebedev is jailed, while Evening Standard staff wonder how the local TV station is going to be rustled up out of an operation that has already been shorn of all journalistic fat.
(20) Shorn of the moral framework that once guided anti-imperialists, shaped by black-and-white values that in their mind possess divine approval, driven by a sense of rage about non-Muslims and a belief in an existential struggle between Islam and the west, jihadis have come to inhabit a different moral universe, in which they are to commit the most inhuman of acts and view them as righteous.
(p. p.) of Show
() p. p. of Show.
(1) It was shown that delta F508 frequency of CF-patients was 59.2%, the frequencies of S5491, G551D and K533X were about 1%.
(2) We have determined the genomic structure of the fosB gene and shown that it consists of 4 exons and 3 introns at positions also found in the c-fos gene.
(3) Recently, it has been shown that radiation therapy, alone or combined with chemotherapy, can be successful.
(4) It was shown in experiments on four dogs by the conditioned method that the period of recovery of conditioned activity after one hour ether anaesthesia tested 7 to 7.5 days.
(5) We have previously shown that serotonin is present in secretory granules of frog adrenochromaffin cells; concurrently, we have demonstrated that serotonin is a potent stimulator of corticosterone and aldosterone secretion by adrenocortical cells.
(6) Extensive studies during recent years have shown that the interaction between hormone and membrane-bound receptor can affect the receptor characteristics in at least two ways.
(7) It has been shown by LM and transmission electron microscopy that cells with blebs are viable and capable of mitotic activity.
(8) Past imaging techniques shown in the courtroom have made the conventional rules of evidence more difficult because of the different informational content and format required for presentation of these data.
(9) We have previously shown that intratracheally instilled silica (quartz) produces both morphologic evidence of emphysema and small-airway changes, and functional evidence of airflow obstruction.
(10) Completeness of isolation of the coronary and systemic circulations was shown by the marked difference in appearance times between the reflex hypotensive responses from catecholamine injections into the isolated coronary circulation and the direct hypertensive response from a similar injection when the circulations were connected as well as by the marked difference between the pressure pulses recorded simultaneously on both sides of the aortic balloon separating the two circulations.4.
(11) Recent studies have shown that an aberration in platelet-derived growth factor gene expression is unlikely to be a factor in proliferation of smooth-muscle cells.
(12) Mitonafide is the lead compound of a new series of antitumor drugs, the 3-Nitronaphthalimides, which have shown antineoplastic activity in vitro as well as in vivo.
(13) It was also shown that after a shock at 44 degrees C teratocarcinoma cells were able to accumulate anomalous amounts of hsp 70 despite hsp 70 synthesis inhibition.
(14) A specimen of a very early ovum, 4 to 6 days old, shown in the luminal form of imbedding before any hemorrhage has taken place, confirms that the luminal form of imbedding does occur.
(15) In order to determine the extent of this similarity, I have developed a panel of probes for many of the Pacl restriction fragments and have shown that most of the Pacl and Notl fragments found in MBa are also present in MBb.
(16) The lipid A moiety was shown to be responsible for this novel biological activity of the LPS molecule.
(17) Numerical results for the population of England and Wales are shown.
(18) SD is shown to have therapeutic and differential diagnostic significance in varying pathological conditions of cerebral dopaminergic systems.
(19) Further purification of ZAB by filtration through Sephadex G-100 gave a preparation (ZAB2) which contained the common antigen as shown by the cross-reactivity of anti-ZAB2 rat serum with seven stains of N. gonorrhoeae.
(20) No correlation between volatile make up and geography was found, but the profiling procedures are shown to be of use in the forensic problem of relating samples to a common source.