(1) In January, West Coast Capital (USC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Sports Direct, entered a “pre-pack” administration whereby the business was shorn of some staff and debts and then immediately bought back by another division of Sports Direct.
(2) The plasma insulin concentration was significantly reduced during NA treatment in the unshorn group, but was unchanged in shorn animals.
(3) Cooling of expired air would be expected to lead to recovery of some of the water evaporated during inspiration; at 20 degrees C air temperature, this fraction was estimated to be 25% in unshorn sheep and 36% in shorn sheep.
(4) The concentration of oxygen and carbon dioxide in blood was significantly higher in shorn animals during saline infusion, but this difference between shorn and unshorn groups was removed by NA infusion.
(5) Under temperatures > 25 degrees C, sheep presented a decrease of RBC, WBC, HB and HT, these differences being greater in the shorn than in the unshorn animals.
(6) All animals were observed four times, then shorn and observed four times again.
(7) But it would have been oh so different if Atlético had a keeper shorn of the sort of skill and reflexes that have made Thibaut Courtois one of the best, as well as one of the most sought-after, young goalkeepers in the game.
(8) In all genetic constructions the male, older and shorn animals had a significantly higher (alpha less than 0.05) blood level of glutathione.
(9) Nerves infected a United team shorn of their strutting leader and they allowed Blackburn to creep over the line for the title.
(10) There was no significant difference between shorn and unshorn animals in the contribution of glucose to CO2 output or in the proportion of glucose entry rate oxidized.
(11) There was a 47% increase in glucose oxidation rate in shorn ewes but there was no significant difference in the proportion of total heat production which was derived from glucose.
(12) Whole-body, hind-limb and uterine tissue metabolism of glucose was studied using a combination of isotopic and arterio-venous difference techniques in shorn and unshorn pregnant sheep over the final 4 weeks of pregnancy.
(13) England – like Wales, Scotland, Ireland – shorn of imperial overhang (after the Syrian vote no idle fantasy perhaps) and infused with a new sense of possibility could also be a smaller, smarter state, if that's what the people wanted.
(14) In a number of experiments on shorn animals scrotal heating was continued for more than 100 min.
(15) The hills of Britain have been sheepwrecked – stripped of their vegetation, emptied of wildlife, shorn of their capacity to hold water and carbon – all in the cause of minuscule productivity.
(16) This effect may be mediated via a significant rise in plasma T3 concentration in the shorn group.
(17) Quarterback Russell Wilson – shorn of his best weapon after Percy Harvin left the game with a concussion – completed just nine of 18 passes for 103 yards.
(18) It would be a Tory government, quite possibly led by Boris Johnson and backed by Nigel Farage, that would negotiate the worst of all worlds: a free market free-for-all shorn of rights and protections.
(19) On the cash-strapped Independent, they worry the money will dry up if Lebedev is jailed, while Evening Standard staff wonder how the local TV station is going to be rustled up out of an operation that has already been shorn of all journalistic fat.
(20) Shorn of the moral framework that once guided anti-imperialists, shaped by black-and-white values that in their mind possess divine approval, driven by a sense of rage about non-Muslims and a belief in an existential struggle between Islam and the west, jihadis have come to inhabit a different moral universe, in which they are to commit the most inhuman of acts and view them as righteous.
(v. i.) To obtrude one's self on another for bed and board.
(1) You will still need to tax your car (unless you are applying for a statutory off road notification, Sorn), while it is off the road) but you will be able to pay for it monthly by direct debit, rather than with an upfront payment for six or 12 months.
(2) One of the most famous dishes in this tradition is laab , a punchy, smokey (in some cases raw) mincemeat, offal and blood salad; another is nam prik ong , a tomato pork dip akin to a ragu – excellent versions of both are made by the sisters of Sorn Chai restaurant, opposite Thapae Gate.